Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It was the first expansion to have me quit because of the game. Despite that I will give it a 7 as it as overall good in quality. In terms of my prefered endgame of heroic dungeons and occasional PuG raid I would rate MoP a 4.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2017-11-20 at 07:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lolskillzz View Post
    Hugely overrated expac. Lower mid tier but not the worst. Pve class balance was horrid at the higher lvls of gameplay. Some classes were weak and useless while a select few (not just locks) were basically top tier and miles ahead of the rest. Cmodes and ToT were the only positives pve wise. Anyone saying other wise was a fool or bad at the game then.
    Pvp was pretty much the same. Although casters were out of control (as usual in rated pvp) and most melee were either trash or a one trick pony. Pvp only went down hill more after cata with way to much cc and comps like god comp litterally taking control of your character for unreal amounts of time. Rbgs have been a joke since after cata and random bgs were nothing but premades or bots.

Questing was awful. Most of the zones were asian themed and uninteresting minus the dreadwastes being the only actually good zone until isle of thunder. It took until the ToT patch to make mop not trash.

All in all not the worst but not as good as most rose tinted glasses people will say. It did help give birth to the grp finder we have thanks to OQ which was a welcome thing.
    It's your right to judge an expansion (the land, the factions, the outdoor endgame) by instanced arena matches, maps that were around for several years, but I'm judging expacs by outdoor content. Leveling, factions, reps, rewards, game systems (professions, rng, loot).

"I hated mop because I died in 3 secs in Ruins of Lordaeron /angry" Yeah... not how I judge expacs.
    Last edited by Lei; 2017-11-20 at 07:08 AM.

8/10. Enjoyed the content and the World PvP. Deducted points because of Arena.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

The only thing I did not like about MoP was the theme 7/10

In terms of expansions, I would rate it as:

MoP: 8.5
    BC: 7.5
    Classic: 7.5
    WotLK: 7.0
    Legion: 6.0
    Cata: 5.0
    WoD: 2.5

To be frank, in terms of overall polish, I consider it to be the best iteration of WoW (and, yes, I started in Classic).

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    The best expansion bar none. 8/10.

My only complaints are that the story went off a cliff in 5.3 when focus moved away from Pandaria itself. Other than that, my initial horror at the daily grind was fixed within a few months with those double rep tokens, so from there everything was great. Oh and I hated levelling there aside from Jade Forrest.

The gameplay, music, story, storytelling (Story and Storytelling until 5.3 that is), lore and aesthetic were all great for WoW. A shame that every expansion since has been utter shite.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2017-11-20 at 07:38 AM.

I miss the MoP classes soo much. Arms warrior was just an art, ww monk was insane fun and I can go on and on. I'd say 8/10. In the end it became stale with the content draught, and the rep system could have been better, but overal a great expension imo.

MOP if taken in isolation was the best expansion they've ever done;
    - new race
    - new class
    - the best overall raid content of any expansion
    - plenty of new systems like pet battles and the phased farm simulator
    - 2 huge post-launch areas with the isle of thunder and the timeless isle
    - some of the best leveling content
    - Challenge modes for hardcore dungeon enthusiasts(which would later lead to m+)
    - Amazing art and sound direction, the best of any expansion(particularly jade forest, hands down the most beautiful zone in WOW)
    - Great storyline that actually managed to make the horde/alliance divide meaningful and interesting, along with great side stories like the sha of fear corrupting the mantid, and the thunderking being revived by the zandalari exiles.

The only huge, huge downside of MOP that tends to sour the whole thing, is LFR. MOP was the first full expansion to feature this tumor of a game system, and it had two very unfortunate side effects; First, it gave blizzard an excuse to basically ignore dungeon content post-launch, leading to literally everyone being forced to run LFR whether they wanted to or not, and Second, combined with the welfare legendaries of MOP, made doing LFR mandatory on every single character you had, every week, except maybe your main if you raided higher content with him.

LFR basically ruined mop, it was the garrison of that expansion, in that it sucked all the content out of the rest of the game by giving blizzard an excuse to ignore everything else; you basically spent the entire expansion in LFR or waiting on your weekly LFR reset.

Aside from the omnipresent stench of LFR though, easily the best expansion they've ever done, including BC and WOLK.

7,7/10. i would say overall good xpac.

in comparison with Legion i would give both exactly the same value. both did it their own way with their own gaming style. both were good xpacs in their corners.

but MoP had way better class design.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    It was worse implemented then time traveling orcs that lost the chief spot of threat as soon as we freed gul'dan 5 minutes after crossing the portal? Who had entire landmasses disappear, and a hole raid tir cut?
    I care more about actual content to do, than about this things. In MOP it was no-flying while leveling (very bad for leveing alts - got sick of it pretty fast), then mandatory dailies, that weren't fun, but were eating my whole time, and two claustrophobic isles (same here - got sick of them just after one hour of playing). I tried group content, but got sick of too unrewarding 5ppls and too overtuned LFR pretty fast. Result - no content to do => unsub.

And WOD is very casual-friendly:
    1) I have pretty good leveling
    2) I have Garrison and Shipyard to level
    3) I have Tanaan to get guaranteed full 695 Baleful set within fair and reasonable period of time
    4) I have some other things, like leveling professions.

Overall WOD has very strait and clear content flow, as I like - similar to WotLK for example. I.e. when one content smoothly flows to another. And Legion is just a mess. I can't even get to end of story, cuz I just hate Argus and don't want to do it, as I didn't want to do IOT and TI.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2017-11-20 at 07:55 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

8.5 / 10

One of the best expansions, maybe the second best after TBC.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I liked MoP. It had a lot of innovation.
    - Pet battles - an activity you can do solo that doesn't get you any benefit for raiding; this was pretty much what I was doing
    - Scenarios - as a tank I didn't run them anymore after reaching the 100 achievement, but I have to admit I liked the bit of story in each of them
    - Challenge Modes - I really enjoyed these, as hard as I found it to actually get my group going.
    - Thunder Isle - everything about it was cool - opening it up, scaling mobs, the chest scenario
    - Treasures and the one faction you grind through finding lore items (Lorewalkers)
    - Rasing your dragon mount
    - Archaeology system improved and having your own gallery (even though the grind was insane)
    The scenery was also beautiful, dungeons and initial raids unique.
    Probably one of my favorite. I did miss the last year of it (I didn't experience the lull) so I may be biased.
    It's hard to rate considering back when I started everything seemed to new and I liked everything - I liked fishing, doing all sorts of pvp, even doing dailies, events like summer festival etc.
    I'd say it's one of the best.

Deleted
    9/10

As someone previously mentioned - as soon as I've heard about Pandas and saw the very first preview, I wanted to hate it with all my heart. It came out to be exactly opposite, peak time of my WoW career (along with a lot of people I met/raided with).

The entire story was amazing, plenty of Horde vs Alliance plot development, I can't recall anything being rushed at all. Leveling felt challenging in the later zones, Dread Wastes was a bitch of a zone. Throne of Thunder had to be one of the best WoW raid tiers (my favourite up to date). Great new races introduced - Mogu, Klaxxi, the entire Sha theme was fantastic.

Also, challenge modes back then had to be the best thing I've ever experienced in this game. We used to make milions of gold from boosts. Great times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    If that's the lore for you, I wonder if you ever read a single quest text in the entire expansion.
    I did, I read every bit of wow lore and i find ur ignorance about it annoying
    Same as above. The Sha possessed the Klaxxi and were rapidly accelerating egg hatching time, and producing a much stronger swarm than normal. Which would have devastated the continent. Also, the relationship between the Klaxxi and the Pandaren is a perfect mirror of the relationship between the Alliance and the Horde: they are strong because of one another, instead of despite one another.
    Except it isn't, and i don't know where u got that idea in first place, the sha possessed the queen made her hasten the cycle, which may cause their extinction, hence why the paragons and the klaxxi council was trying to stop it, to preserve their race, and as shown in "death from above" mini story, the ultimate goal of the mantid is to be strong enough to wipe out every other race that exists, surely neither alliance nor horde goal, they even flat out tell u they are servants of old gods and will always be by their side, so why exactly we are helping a loyal follower of old gods, is because they 'give us epics', like how we killed illidan because 'he drop epix' /sarcasm

They never had "fit bodies". The models are the same, and they just replaced the sword with a cane and gave them common chinese outfit.
    I don't see any fat belly or fluffy, and their artwork (way back then) didn't show that either, u can check it urself

Why do I get the feeling if instead you were raiding an Alliance city to kill an Alliance leader, you'd be cheering and praising the lore development?
    Because so far in-game we invaded horde cities twice, Undercity in Battle for Undercity, and Orgrimmar, even turned to raid, while I can't name a single big event where u invade an alliance capital, and no Theramore equal is literally Stoneard in mage spells
    Read the lore, please. While I won't say Jaina was blameless in this, you're completely ignoring that the Sunreavers sabotaged the defense of Theramore, costing Jaina her beloved city, then again with the stealing of the Divine Bell through Dalaran. Was Aethas in a hard place? Yes, but it was war and the Sunreavers had already proved to be unreliable twice. And Jaina herself didn't slaughter anyone. In fact, any blood elf she met she teleported to the Violet Hold instead of killing.
    purge: an abrupt or violent removal of a group of people from an organization or place
    I did, so now i ask where did u get that claim, for start Aethas was afraid that Garrosh would slaughter his ppl, so Jaina did that instead, the purge is described as bloody affair and Jaina allowed the stop of sunreavers by any means, so the claim that she didn't slaughter anyone is questionable, the event is officially called in lore Purge of Dalaran, not imprisonment of sunreavers, she just let her hatred run rampage, and so far she still didn't pay for it (and won't, because if anything alliance history proved, they never consider genocide a crime, alliance is literally founded on genocide of Trolls everywhere)

Actually, cross realm was added at Mists launch.
    Guess I was wrong then, well I didn't care at launch about x-realm since was just lvling, doing 25 daily to get reputation to be able to raid etc
    Care to elaborate why it doesn't fit, please?
    Guess u really love pandalands don't u, wow is a western based RPG, based on D&D, where in D&D do u see eastern themed fantasy like the worm-thing 'dragon' of china (cloud serpents) ?
    *sigh* Really? Another "omigod kung-fu panda ripoff" nonsense? Do all races must be hulking, overly muscular edgy characters? I mean, look at gnomes. Gnomes check all the checkboxes for the "cute" list. Were they aimed for children for more subs, as well? Goblins are arguably on the same vein, being more on the "comic relief" side of things.
    Gnomes at least exist way before since wc2 days, and kept the general theme, pandas on other hand have very questionable similarity with kung fu panda in almost every field, monk in wow rpg books was a subclass of discpline priest (most famous easy example is monks from SM in vanilla wow, they use priest spells and fight unarmed), they literally created a monk class out of sh8t idea of lovely kung fu panda movie based
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Deleted
    Hated the theme and the story for the most part (Throne of Thunder/Mogu as the exception).

But the class design was miles better.

So 5/10

7+ Year Old Account
    10/10 very memorable and great story. Its one of my favorites and managed to somehow surpass Wrath of the Lich King.

"Only Beasts are above deceit" - Rexxar

Deleted
    In terms of personal enjoyment it was my second favourite expansion, the first being wotlk and the third legion.

The zones of pandaria are still one of the best in the game.

So I guess an 8/10.

10+ Year Old Account
    For some reason whenever I get the itch to resub, I think of Valley of the Four Winds. Haven't actually gone back to that zone in forever, but it's one of my top nostalgic zones (maybe I was just really immersed in the game at that time in my life), so MoP gets big points for being an overall memorable experience.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

I thought it then and still think it. Best expansion. Beautiful land scapes, a story that had me from the word go and never let go, some of the best raiding I've seen. It may have had some flaws, but the I have never had more fun with this game than I did during that expansion.

Gameplay: 10/10 : Probably the best Wow has ever been for balance. I can't speak for pvp but for pve? All the classes were distinct without being pruned to nothing, the new abilities felt great and the raids/dungeons were new and interesting. Even the dailys seemed fun.
    Content: 9/10: Unfortunately, Scenarios and Challenge mode both fell on their face and while Monks were very well designed, they ultimately had a very niche appeal so Mop is not to be remembered for what it introduced, more what it refined. But it did refinement so damn well. Pet battles were also done here and while they are niche as a main activity most have at least dabbled in them. The farm was also surprisingly well done despite it being intended to be a minor feature (though i bet half my love of it would be spoiled if i knew it would lead to Garrisons...) Content patches brought us the landfall campaigns and the Isle of Thunder. Both were amazing additions and Throne of Thunder remains my favourite raid. Spoiled at the end by Siege unfortunately.
    Lore: 9/10 : The haters with no perspective outside their own culture can go to hell. The continent was beautiful, the storylines were amazing (Jade forest is still one of the best zones they have ever done) and we met some legitimately awesome characters. They captured the idea of a culture set apart from everything by the mist for an age perfectly. Only point docked is for the shitty, hamfisted siege of Orgrimmar final raid and for overusing Pandaren (they had great culture and flavour even amongst clans but variety is the spice of life).

Incredible expansion. Everything up to Siege was executed perfectly. Sure it had its problems but what doesn't? While I enjoyed TBC more, if i were to look at it objectively for what it set out to do, the flavour and final execution Mop is the best expansion they've released, supplanting Legion purely because it doesn't have dungeon gear titanforging to mythic level and every class wasn't "pruned" to unrecognizability.