Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Hats off to retail workers in general, they work their asses off on weekends, holidays, and other inconvenient times so the rest of us can have time off.

I feel sorry for the people who work in retail - it's a thankless job and I wished they were paid better and moreso.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

I thought for sure this was going to be about how the Internet and automation are gradually killing employment in the industry. But yeah, this is a rough time for year for them either way

according to the children of today every job sucks

hell you have multi-millionaire football players trying to call themselves slaves

there was a thread here that people actually thought working as a restaurant server was harder than working outdoors in extreme temps. they think they could handle the factory conditions our elders had to endure... /lol at the young weak people of today

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    according to the children of today every job sucks

hell you have multi-millionaire football players trying to call themselves slaves

there was a thread here that people actually thought working as a restaurant server was harder than working outdoors in extreme temps. they think they could handle the factory conditions our elders had to endure... /lol at the young weak people of today
    Oh yeah, tell us more about what it was like back then grandpa!

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    A moment of silence please for the hardworking people in retail this Christmas for suffering not only rude customers but also for enduring six weeks of none stop Christmas songs everyday! Imagine, 6 weeks of a 9-5 job with constant Christmas. It actually reminds me of this:

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/1...music_torture/
    the main reason I can't stand Christmas music at all.

And in some countries, the retail workers have to top off their salaries with welfare to boot, barely making enough to keep afloat yet having to deal with all the shit...

I feel for all of them, especially during Christmas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed, a few thoughts are in order, stay safe from all the crazy people out there. Drive safe.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post

What I love about this 6 part series, is everything, EVERYTHING he says in these videos is true, and speaks to all of us working in retail.
    I'm actually surprised there are only six parts, I thought it would be far far longer.

Some of the stuff customers do is just plain illegal, and yet store folks have to just accept it and smile.

I hear that, I'm at the front of it in a big department store, with its own large christmas section so it gets a lot of people flooding there, especially on weekends.

I feel this is a fine place to post these videos.

[ideo=youtube;glOv0XHDpoA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glOv0XHDpoA[/video]
    [ideo=youtube;w-KgZgxWh-Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-KgZgxWh-Y&t=207s[/video]
    [ideo=youtube;4Hntt2kwhLc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Hntt2kwhLc[/video]
    [ideo=youtube;0-Tnsmpt3nA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-Tnsmpt3nA&t=279s[/video]
    [ideo=youtube;jEzhwnRtIWY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEzhwnRtIWY[/video]
    [ideo=youtube;s0MX7w6lr4k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0MX7w6lr4k[/video]

What I love about this 6 part series, is everything, EVERYTHING he says in these videos is true, and speaks to all of us working in retail.
    Before my uncle got me what was my main job for years I worked in retail and it was horrible...

Never in the field of retail was so much owed by so many to so few.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Well with my retail position, Cyber Monday is where I'll need people's blessings.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Black Friday is a scam anyway. There's a couple really good deals they advertise the shit out of to get people in stores, but those will be gone in the first 10 minutes and everything else is just typical holiday faire.

Not sure why people bother.

I help out those working retail by not participating in any of this ridiculousness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Let's just hope none of them end up dying for people looking for a deal on a flat screen.
    let's be honest they probably will.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

This is my first season at a retailer that actually does black Friday and all sorts of holiday stuff, I was rather disappointed that my Crowd Management Associate title for tomorrow doesn't come with body armor, a taser and cattle prod.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    A moment of silence please for the hardworking people in retail this Christmas for suffering not only rude customers but also for enduring six weeks of none stop Christmas songs everyday! Imagine, 6 weeks of a 9-5 job with constant Christmas. It actually reminds me of this:

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/1...music_torture/
    Oh god that shit excuse for music. I used to work for a freaking bank that used to play that garbage. They got the budget version that had horrible covers of songs that are horrible normally, but even worse with people that can't sing.

One of them that was on 10+ times per day was what me and my coworkers called the "running to the bathroom" version of Jingle Bells. Lady couldn't carry a tune to save her life, and sounded like she had the squirts and had to hurry and finish the song as fast as possible so she could go to the bathroom.

Fortunately, I no longer work in retail (though I did in my younger years), and while I do work for a bank I no longer work for a crappy bank that filled its buildings with that garbage during the holiday season. I also work in a corporate headquarters with controlled access, so no customers either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    retail is more like 6-12 than 9-5 with people often working say 12-12 and then opening to work 6am-6pm
    I've always worked 7am-4+ pm as a normal schedule but how often your schedule is normal in retail lol the closing then opening shit is completely true though and should be illegal to make people do that. As long as there's TECHNICALLY 8 hours in between SCHEDULED shifts, they give zero fucks about your overtime or even if you have big commute too and from work. I would regularly get 3-4 hours of sleep, if that, and you have to maintain great customer service with a smile while inside you just want to kys.

People who shop on holidays are the cause of cancer I am 100% sure of it.

Thats fine .. more and more customers will go online then there will be need for fewer and fewer retail positions ... in a few years you will wish they had a job for you and woopse you were bitching about customers and no longer have a job because we all went online and got tired of dealing with unsatisfied retail workers.

Or more places like the amazon store will come and again eliminate the need for these positions, thank god for automation .. I cant wait for the day I no longer have to deal with grumpy workers.
    Last edited by Annamarine; 2017-11-23 at 09:37 AM.

I hear that, I'm at the front of it in a big department store, with its own large christmas section so it gets a lot of people flooding there, especially on weekends.

I feel this is a fine place to post these videos.

He wins just for the Keemstar reference alone.

But seriously, it's not just retail, it's all customer service now. It's gotten so bad that nurses are expected to give outstanding customer service over actually treating patients and getting them healthy.

Thankfully I think most places are catching on and so the majority of customers (the good ones) are going to suffer from the actions of a few bad (really bad) eggs