Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think the current way raid mogs work is by far the best. You get the same design in multiple colors and you can unlock the Mythic SFX for all the colors. In the previous paradigm you'd often have some gorgeous color for the mog on normal or LFR but it would be completely simplified. Personally I think the base color (the one for which the set was designed) should always be the Normal one.
    Look at the paladin sets from antorus, it's clear they just designed the mythic one and downgraded + put horrible colors for the others. It seemed they made the other versions intentionally unappealing and you had no way to get the mythic set. I even raided mythic in antorus and got CE and never got the helmet or the belt. It's so much better now.

Only the druid and maybe rogue sets had nice lfr-heroic versions as they were more low fantasy with nice colors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zardas View Post
    It for sure was popular enough to garner some amount of play and most likely softened the terrible 9.1 reception, but claiming that it was easily a 1 million sub increase is very much far fetched.

Exactly : it's reasonnable to assume that retail lost 500k subs within a month, but not within a day, because that's how sub loss goes. Some unsub right when the patche is announced and they don't feel like, it, some unsub when the patch drop and they see it's shit, some wait a few days to try it out, some stay at least a month to get some bis, etc. With sub increase however, do you think that is reasonnable to assume that imaginary new 1m subs subscribed hover the course of a whole month, rather than having most of them sub on the release day ?
    That graph doesn't show fine details like days though. It's quarters plotted.

I think the current way raid mogs work is by far the best. You get the same design in multiple colors and you can unlock the Mythic SFX for all the colors. In the previous paradigm you'd often have some gorgeous color for the mog on normal or LFR but it would be completely simplified. Personally I think the base color (the one for which the set was designed) should always be the Normal one.
    I also like that they're varying colors again. For a while it felt like the LFR tints were always this sorta green which I hated.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    I also like that they're varying colors again. For a while it felt like the LFR tints were always this sorta green which I hated.
    I always think back to MoP with that. Every set seemed to be designed with one colour scheme in mind, and then all the other variants were quickly mocked up with the same colours. The dull green being the mainstay in many for sure.

At least they don't really do that as much anymore. They do seem to at least pick a colour scheme that kinda works for every variant. Though that might also be down to DF having the easy way out by using the five flights + Infinite and Void themed.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

I really hope they do the "every set has the same colour theme" thing again which lets you mix and match.

Quote Originally Posted by allegrian View Post
    Look at the paladin sets from antorus, it's clear they just designed the mythic one and downgraded + put horrible colors for the others. It seemed they made the other versions intentionally unappealing and you had no way to get the mythic set. I even raided mythic in antorus and got CE and never got the helmet or the belt. It's so much better now.

Only the druid and maybe rogue sets had nice lfr-heroic versions as they were more low fantasy with nice colors.
    woa, hold your horses, the black version is amazing! Far better then big hot wing mythic version.

Quote Originally Posted by Enrif View Post
    woa, hold your horses, the black version is amazing! Far better then big hot wing mythic version.

Yeah, I guess if you really don't like the colours maybe. But this is absolutely nothing compared to Eternal Palace, where there really is no other way to rationalize the differences other than the developers removing bits to make it less impressive for LFR-NM.

The Paladin set looks amazing in this. Though I will say the baby blue for NM wasnt exactly the best colour.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bindanda View Post
    For those that keep hoping, historically the Alpha/Beta drops on a Thursday. I wouldn't expect anything tomorrow.
    We all base tomorrow speculation from Max and Towellie tweets that they will stream on Wednesday after current "break".

Of course it's always possible they both independently decided to do it day earlier to just join speculation hype, but considering they likely have to prepare videos from interviews or alpha sneak peak it makes more sense that Alpha simply starts tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I really hope they do the "every set has the same colour theme" thing again which lets you mix and match.
    You mean same colour for each difficulty Sepulcher/Vault style? Cause that was horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    We all base tomorrow speculation from Max and Towellie tweets that they will stream on Wednesday after current "break".

Of course it's always possible they both independently decided to do it day earlier to just join speculation hype, but considering they likely have to prepare videos from interviews or alpha sneak peak it makes more sense that Alpha simply starts tomorrow.

You mean same colour for each difficulty Sepulcher/Vault style? Cause that was horrible.
    Yeah, exactly that. With the new sets, realistically you can only use the same set and it's incredibly hard to mix any sets because they all have so vastly different colours

For those raids, sure. But it worked wonders for the DF raids. Vault obviously with all the same colour scheme. But also stuff like how most Aberrus NM gear was Black Dragon themed, and had roughly similar colouration which made them easier to mix.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Yeah, exactly that. With the new sets, realistically you can only use the same set and it's incredibly hard to mix any sets because they all have so vastly different colours
    I didnt think so. Though I might also be thinking of Evoker that had a clear theme in what colours they used, and which hunters copied.

Quote Originally Posted by Enrif View Post

Nah it's a chunky mess.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    For those raids, sure. But it worked wonders for the DF raids.
    ???

Sepulcher and Vault have this weird coloring by difficulty, Aberrus and Amirdrassil don't.

Nah it's a chunky mess.
    what? guess you play blood elf? of course that set looks bad on twigs.

???

Sepulcher and Vault have this weird coloring by difficulty, Aberrus and Amirdrassil don't.
    Maybe it was just some that did. But for Aberrus there was a definite theming where some sets had a Bronze dragon colouration for LFR, Black dragon for NM, Red dragon for HC, Void or Infinite for Mythic, Green for PvP, and Blue for Elite.

In writing this though, I do recognize that there were several sets that didnt do this. Like DK or Druid, and probably a whole lot of other sets I don't remember.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, screw it.

24 HOURS ALPHA HYYYYPE!
    Prob closer to 24 hours now. I dont think they will launch it at 450am there. Prob sometime in the afternoon. 21-27 hour alpha hype from this point onwards.

Although, I thin its possible that we get interviews, and streamer/creator videos tomorrow along with the final trees and alpha not until thurs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    There are these tents to be seen around those roots, featuring leaves and stuff. Maybe Botani, or some type of underground creature we haven't seen before? Perhaps Furbolg, lol.
    Treebolgs. Plantbolgs. Vinebolgs. Botanibolgs. Mossbolgs. Flowerblog. Floralbogs. Herbolgs. Verdbolgs. Vegebolgs. Verduebolgs. Shrubolgs. Weedbolgs. Mulchbolgs. Vitaebolgs.

Just a few potential names for plant furbolgs.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Prob closer to 24 hours now. I dont think they will launch it at 450am there. Prob sometime in the afternoon. 21-27 hour alpha hype from this point onwards.

Although, I thin its possible that we get interviews, and streamer/creator videos tomorrow along with the final trees and alpha not until thurs.
    Of yeah, specific time is hard to estimate. Probably with NDA lift we will have ton of materials/interviews, soon after that datamining will start, but Alpha will launch who knows when, there could be shit ton of technical issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    I don't mind feelings situations either, but at least from me DF got flak for bad writing and most characters acting weird in main storyline, especially mentioned by a lot of people the moments where characters act like in some musical that end each other lines.

To each their own, but for me DF is there at the bottom with SL when it comes to writing and characters acting, reacting.

I like some good drama tv shows, but drama in DF was just bad.

Edit: But TWW is coming, im hopeful for something better in that department.
    Yes, but DF didnt damage the Warcraft brand and longrunning lore. SL did. DF was just boring. Huge difference.

- - - Updated - - -

Keep in mind we'll be probably getting 2 new zones in TWW for each major content patch. Undermine is a popular bet, but blizzard tends to break the expansion them with at least one of the content patch zones to shake environments a bit (amirdrassil, zereth mortis). We may get something connected to the next saga or unexpected stuff like the revamped draenei isles/exodar fighting void naarus.
    2 zones for each patch? Source? 2 zones and a mini zone is reasonable, but 4 is pushing it imo.

We will have a better idea on what the patches may be once we see alpha/beta.

Imagine if Blizz just ends up giving us nothing this week, lol. "Here are some cool stats from Plunderstorm, enjoy!"

But nah, seems unlikely. I'm guessing info dump tomorrow as well.

Presumably, it can't just be "I tried the Alpha and it's a lot of fun". It's gotta contain some news and surprises as well, surely.

I reeeally want new class/race combos and Void Elf customisation. A Paladin button prune would be welcome as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Treebolgs. Plantbolgs. Vinebolgs. Botanibolgs. Mossbolgs. Flowerblog. Floralbogs. Herbolgs. Verdbolgs. Vegebolgs. Verduebolgs. Shrubolgs. Weedbolgs. Mulchbolgs. Vitaebolgs.

Just a few potential names for plant furbolgs.
    What about Bolgbolgs and Elun'abolgs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The orc clans sets are probably what started me on my crusade to remove armour restrictions back in the day, because they are really annoying. Warriors being unable to use this set. Hunters being unable to use the set fro m the clan whose entire shtick revolve around being hunters.

That same low droning annoyance that you can never get around.
    I think at least those sets should be made cosmetic. Heck, even the Thunderlord one looks Warrior-y; plus it fits perfectly for Hunters but is leather. Same goes for Shadowmoon, would be great for Druid and Shamans thematically.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    Kezan/Undermine
    Plunder Isle
    New Naga zone?
    Place beyond the underground sea?
    New Titanforged zone near the core?
    Zone underneath the sword?
    I think the final zone will be a huge cavern with an azerite sea and azerite waterfalls. Huge titan structure at the center housing the world soul. Defense of the worldsoul will be the final raid. Although, we may have that for the final patch of the last titan instead, so hard to tell, but it could happen in TWW.

Im hoping for 1 more underground zone, and 1 above ground patch zone.

11.1 being a full on pirate zone like Plunder Isle as a breather would be super fun.
    11.2 being the finale with a huge underground zone. Hopefully totally new biomes so it doesn't feel like launch zones.

- - - Updated - - -

It's hard to do cool battle scenes with the default models, especially when it comes to bigger creatures like dragons. But battle cinematics are also probably far more expensive because of the range of motion and often the number of characters showing up. The "Avengers Assemble" scene in 10.2 would have an insane budget to do in Blizzard's cinematics what with the massive number of characters that'd need to be rendered. But we could have had more dragon on dragon combat
    To be fair it would also be hard to do a scene like the TWW cinematic with the default models either because it depended entirely on Anduin's facial expressions.
    They definitely could have done TWW cine with in game models. BY SL the in game facial rigging was exceptional. It wouldn't have looked as good as a real cinematic sure, but they can definitely show complex emotion these days.