All that Arathi gear is sick. Like in DF, you could argue outdoor zone sets are even better than tier sets. The D3 Crusader in me is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It's probably not a magnaron. General rig and models get reused all the time. Like how the bird-robots in Bastion are modified high arakkoa or the big devourers are modified gronnlings. It's probably just some earth-elemental adjacent lifeform unrelated to the magnaron beyond the fact that the magnaron are also earth elemental adjacent lifeforms.

-

Perhaps the better example would be that Fal'dorei in Suramar are quite literally just the Nerubian vizier and cryptfiend model mixed with Nightborne, but there's no deeper connection with the Nerubians. They just had the idea for spider-elves and used an existing base instead of making the spider parts from scratch.

This thing is probably some large half-elemental creature that happens to use the mangnaron base.
    We aren't talking about reusing a rig or even reskinning one, it's literally exactly the same as an existing magnaron model with a different face and some very slight colour changes:

They're a bit more iterative with models these says so it's possible that they're planning on changing the rest of the body and have only gotten to the face so far, but it doesn't look incomplete at all.

Magnaron were indirectly created by Aggramar so it's not at all a stretch to imagine that there might be something similar on Azeroth, but I can't even place where in the game this model might appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Viridiel View Post
    We aren't talking about reusing a rig or even reskinning one, it's literally exactly the same as an existing magnaron model with a different face and some very slight colour changes:

They're a bit more iterative with models these says so it's possible that they're planning on changing the rest of the body and have only gotten to the face so far, but it doesn't look incomplete at all.

Magnaron were indirectly created by Aggramar so it's not at all a stretch to imagine that there might be something similar on Azeroth, but I can't even place where in the game this model might appear.
    Right, but my point is that small devourers are literally the exact same as existing Nazmir ticks and the like, but with a different face and color changes. Earthrager Ptah has absolutely nothing to do with the scourge but uses Marrowgar's model recolored.

The magnaron is just a hunched earth giant, so reusing the earth giant part but changing the magnaron aspect (cyclops) seems reasonable for an unrelated mob. I agree it's a very small change, but obviously if it was meant to just be a magnaron, they'd use a magnaron, so instead it's some other Azeroth-specific earth giant creature similar to one.

3/4 of the expansion takes place underground, so any zone might have random half-stone things walking around.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2024-04-18 at 04:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    Truly continually astounded at how year after year, expansion after expansion, people in this thread's "sure shot" predictions for patch content locations/plot beats are so laughably off-base. Not even in hindsight, just people missing obvious telegraphed forests for the trees.
    We literally called Emerald dream and underground zone with initial datamining of DF.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Viridiel View Post

Looks fine as is to me.

I watched some other hero talents videos and most classes so far doesn't have much different ability effects from what we already have in DF, but there are few that actually you can see the new "flavour" of hero talents that make playing a little more fresh.

Sadly for classes i play the changes are really minimal and it's just different numbers game at most, eh.

Hopefully they will add more cool visuals eventually..

5+ Year Old Account
    Earthen seem to be almost as tall as Blood Elf females.

Looks like there might be earthen themed outdoor set, it has all armor types and these are few parts of plate set.

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    Looks like there might be earthen themed outdoor set, it has all armor types and these are few parts of plate set.
    Here's the full set

The city guards use a recolour of it which also seems to be available to players but only the shoulder of that colour works on wowhead

Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    Here's the full set[/IMG]
    I really like the kilt, it won't look probably that good on most other races but dwarves are eating good.

Btw when the "deep" datamining will start? We got some stuff already but i guess theres much more.

Well the first publicly dataminable build just came out a few hours ago, though Im pretty sure almost everyone who would datamine it are asleep rn. Though considering they are doing the alpha like they did with Dragonflight, where they will only have one zone available per build, I wouldnt be surprised if a lot of the later stuff isnt in this build

Interesting that there doesn't seem to be an actual dungeon where we fight against the Hallowfall Arathi. I assumed the Dawnbreaker dungeon would be against the Arathi, but all the bosses seem to be Nerubians.

Suppose it's always possible the Arathi are fully positive towards us barring a few rogue elements, but I was sure we would fight against them.

Maybe all of this will make more sense as the Alpha develops, but not having an Arathi instance seems like a missed opportunity unless the developers are holding back for mIdnight with a massive Scarlet Crusade one.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Interesting that there doesn't seem to be an actual dungeon where we fight against the Hallowfall Arathi. I assumed the Dawnbreaker dungeon would be against the Arathi, but all the bosses seem to be Nerubians.

I think you missed the Priory of the Sacred Flame dungeon, all the bosses and mobs of which are Arathi

Suppose it's always possible the Arathi are fully positive towards us barring a few rogue elements, but I was sure we would fight against them.

Maybe all of this will make more sense as the Alpha develops, but not having an Arathi instance seems like a missed opportunity unless the developers are holding back for mIdnight with a massive Scarlet Crusade one.
    Pretty sure the Priory is against a group of Arathi raising lightbound undead, based on the dungeon journal entry.

Priory of the Sacred Flame and Cinderbrew Meadery has Arathi enemies. Speaker Shadowcrown in the Dawnbreaker is Arathi as well, so there will probably be some Arathi in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    I think you missed the Priory of the Sacred Flame dungeon, all the bosses and mobs of which are Arathi
    Ahh. Right you are. Thought I saw all of the dungeons, but evidently not.

- - - Updated - - -

Not watched any kind of datamining stream, so not sure. But has anyone spotted any lower quality sets like what we usually get for levelling and dungeons?
    All the datamined sets so far have been the higher quality ones, and now I hear the Arathi set is listed as uncommon pieces rather than epic ones like I assumed.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

I just realised the official video from yesterday sort of spoiled the conclusion of Alleria's and Anduin's journeys.

The art director said they're running from the wounds of their past, but in the end they're going to find hope and redemption.

Finally got around to checking out the new hero talents. Sunfury is arguably the best one they have shown so far, it looks so good. Might be going back to Mage as my main

Voidweaver was one I couldn't wait to see previewed too and so far it looks pretty interesting, although I'm not a Priest main so not too sure. Void Blast and the Entropy, design wise, are very cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    I just realised the official video from yesterday sort of spoiled the conclusion of Alleria's and Anduin's journeys.

The art director said they're running from the wounds of their past, but in the end they're going to find hope and redemption.
    They might find that in death too, tbh Doubt they die though!

I dunno why anyone thought something bad was going to happen to begin with. Anduin's fall was very obviously BfA into SL, they weren't gonna have him suddenly become a void priest. The cinematic made it pretty obvious worldsoul was going to be about him finding his footing again. And Alleria has clearly been set up to mirror Xal'atath as the good void-infused elf thing, and obviously would need to stick around and be a significant factor in the expansion that is about the Void and High Elves, so she's clearly not gonna go anywhere, especially with her new "i'm a void good guy" armor set.

I don't like how it looks like this expac focuses mainly on the Alliance. The Horde only has Thrall there, while the Alliance has Anduin, Alleria, Jaina (again), Moira and her son. Well, I really hope that Midnight will then focus on the blood elves and Amani.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    I don't like how it looks like this expac focuses mainly on the Alliance. The Horde only has Thrall there, while the Alliance has Anduin, Alleria, Jaina (again), Moira and her son. Well, I really hope that Midnight will then focus on the blood elves and Amani.
    I think that's what they're doing, tbh. Alliance-heavy now so it doesn't look too bad when Midnight is set primarily around Horde territory.

But who knows what happens in 11.1, cough cough Undermine Goblins cough cough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I dunno why anyone thought something bad was going to happen to begin with. Anduin's fall was very obviously BfA into SL, they weren't gonna have him suddenly become a void priest. The cinematic made it pretty obvious worldsoul was going to be about him finding his footing again. And Alleria has clearly been set up to mirror Xal'atath as the good void-infused elf thing, and obviously would need to stick around and be a significant factor in the expansion that is about the Void and High Elves, so she's clearly not gonna go anywhere, especially with her new "i'm a void good guy" armor set.
    Agreed, yeah.