Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The War Within - Alpha Press Preview

The War Within - Alpha Press Preview
    We recently had the opportunity to join other fansites at a press preview event for The War Within Alpha!

The War Within Alpha - WoWCast and Developer Q&A
    Michael Bybee (Production Director) and Sean McCann (Senior Game Designer - Delves) answered questions during the press event to provide even more information!

The War Within Alpha - Press Kit and Collector's Edition
    Blizzard sent out an updated press kit with new screenshots and more collector's edition information. This one comes with a Gryphon Rider statue!

The War Within Alpha - Earthen Allied Race: Racials and Models
    The War Within adds a new allied race - The Earthen! We've got an early look at their racials and the models! Also check out a new NPC race - The Harronir.

The War Within Alpha - New Creature Models
    Lots of new creature models were added in this build, including spiders/crabs.

The War Within Alpha - The Isle of Dorn Zone Preview
    Here is an early look at the Isle of Dorn zone in The War Within. Keep in mind this is a very early alpha look and is likely to change. MASSIVE SPOILERS AHEAD!

The War Within Alpha - Isle of Dorn Main Story Quest Preview
    We took a look at the intro quest for Isle of Dorn. Some of the pre-expansion event isn't being tested, so context is missing. There are significant spoilers in this post!

The War Within Alpha - Delves Preview
    Delves are new solo world progression content introduced in The War Within. There are a few of them available on the Alpha, but they are in a very early state. You can read lots more about Delves in the Developer Q&A!

The War Within Alpha - Dornogal Hub Preview
    Here is an early look at the hub city of Dornogal in The War Within. Keep in mind this is a very early alpha look and is likely to change. SPOILERS AHEAD!

The War Within Alpha - Switching Between Skyriding and Steady Flight
    In The War Within Alpha, you now have a spell called “Switch Flight Style” that allows you to switch between Skyriding (Dynamic) and Steady (Regular) flight.

The War Within Alpha - Dornogal Portal
    The Dornogal portal can be found in the Stormwind and Orgrimmer Portal Rooms on The War Within Alpha.

The War Within Alpha - Warband Character Select Screen
    Here is an early look at the new character select screen in The War Within.

World of Warcraft: The War Within Alpha - UI Changes
    There are a few UI changes to The War Within, including Arachnophobia mode and a work-in-progress update to the spellbook.

The War Within Alpha - Build 54210 Datamining
    The first alpha build is here, with lots of changes!

Last edited by chaud; 2024-04-18 at 12:34 AM.

That Chinese chick is super excited about everything and Ion is as charismatic as ever but good to see them trying new game things and evolving.

I am excited because once private server people get a hold of the Warband code they can back port it and finally have AI groups in all versions of WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I am excited because once private server people get a hold of the Warband code they can back port it and finally have AI groups in all versions of WoW.
    ??? What does warbands have to do with Ai groups?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by meganite View Post
    That Chinese chick is super excited about everything and Ion is as charismatic as ever but good to see them trying new game things and evolving.
    Ion? Charismatic?

Many words I'd use to describe him personally but charismatic isn't even close to one of them.

Is that worst and most boring patch since 1996?

Battleground Blitz is the norm for BG's going forward in TWW

W

Quote Originally Posted by Luthorite View Post
    Ion? Charismatic?

Many words I'd use to describe him personally but charismatic isn't even close to one of them.
    No but he has improved a lot over the years, was a great raid leader but pretty awkward in the corporate social stuff. Looks quite a bit more comfortable now.
    “Every great cause begins as a movement, becomes a business, and eventually degenerates into a racket.” -Eric Hoffer

This.

Pretty excited for all this, love much of the vibe i get from the shown materials so far, but the 1 armed black chick and the bearded dwarven ladies leave me wary of further politically inspired abberations that might needlessly bring down the quality.

Still, good first impression so far, though i hope they don't overuse the humanised nerubians as the nerubian' monstrous pluriformity is precisely what makes them awesome.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Luthorite View Post
    Ion? Charismatic?

Well that's one way to completely miss the joke
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

Yay here we go!

They had a perfect opportunity to say: "Let's delve into Delves," and they walked right up to the bat and ... didn't say it. My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

5+ Year Old Account
    That asian girl's voice...like nails on chalkboard...did her mom have the biggest valley girl accent?...

She sounds like she is making love to each spoken word... *shudders*

the English language should sue her for defamation or something!..

Nobody should use californian accent...because outside california it makes you sound like you work for OnlyFans or something... don't ever let her speak again plz. I'd take a southern accent over hers any day...even though that's not so pleasant either..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    They had a perfect opportunity to say: "Let's delve into Delves," and they walked right up to the bat and ... didn't say it. My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.
    Elves in delves!

- - - Updated - - -

Well, at least he has a normal speaking voice...
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2024-04-18 at 05:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    That asian girl's voice...like nails on chalkboard...did her mom have the biggest valley girl accent?...

She sounds like she is making love to each spoken word... *shudders*

the English language should sue her for defamation or something!..

Nobody should use californian accent...because outside california it makes you sound like you work for OnlyFans or something... don't ever let her speak again plz. I'd take a southern accent over hers any day...even though that's not so pleasant either..
    It's clear English isn't her first language. For a non-native speaker, she did fine. She's clearly hyped about the product and the team she's in charge of and she communicated her ideas pretty well. It takes a lot of courage to do something like this that is going to be viewed by millions of people so I think that alone is worth commending.

5+ Year Old Account
    It's clear English isn't her first language. For a non-native speaker, she did fine. She's clearly hyped about the product and the team she's in charge of and she communicated her ideas pretty well. It takes a lot of courage to do something like this that is going to be viewed by millions of people so I think that alone is worth commending.
    What are u? Her coach? She spoke without nervousness, very calmly so I doubt she wants or needs peptalk.

Too many californians work at blizzard, I wish company would relocate to some other state...

- - - Updated - - -

How do I explain this better..

If this had not been about talking, but something else, like eating.

She would be the person loudly smacking her lips everytime she had food in her mouth. She seems oblivious to how she comes across...

That reminds me of this one elderly thai woman at work, everytime she eats fruit, its the stuff nightmares is made of...

He just wanted to complain about a woman. Look how many words he's spent on just that, and only 3 vaguely on the content of the video (but more a reply to your comment). Best to just let him get on with it and not engage.

7+ Year Old Account
    hope that ai dungeon stuff works for more than just normal difficulty best would be up to mythic 0

7+ Year Old Account
    I am so weirded out by the insane amount of just casual sexism and racism in this thread, holy fuck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    What are u? Her coach? She spoke without nervousness, very calmly so I doubt she wants or needs peptalk.

Too many californians work at blizzard, I wish company would relocate to some other state...

- - - Updated - - -

How do I explain this better..

If this had not been about talking, but something else, like eating.

She would be the person loudly smacking her lips everytime she had food in her mouth. She seems oblivious to how she comes across...

That reminds me of this one elderly thai woman at work, everytime she eats fruit, its the stuff nightmares is made of...
    Holy fuck go outside, this is pathetic. You have literally made an idea of a horrible woman in your mind simply off the fact she is an Asian Woman.
    Grow the fuck up incel.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I am so weirded out by the insane amount of just casual sexism and racism in this thread, holy fuck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Holy fuck go outside, this is pathetic. You have literally made an idea of a horrible woman in your mind simply off the fact she is an Asian Woman.
    Grow the fuck up incel.
    So manly and mature of you... Funny enough, a lot of people like Ihavewaffles are married with children.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    This.

Pretty excited for all this, love much of the vibe i get from the shown materials so far, but the 1 armed black chick and the bearded dwarven ladies leave me wary of further politically inspired abberations that might needlessly bring down the quality.
    Honestly, as much as I hate everything woke. The one-armed black chick looks badass. And real dwarf women have beards, ffs! Even Tolkien said so.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huggykaze2 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

So manly and mature of you... Funny enough, a lot of people like Ihavewaffles are married with children.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, as much as I hate everything woke. The one-armed black chick looks badass. And real dwarf women have beards, ffs! Even Tolkien said so.
    Yes, telling a sexist/racist to fuckoff is very mature/manly

And yeah, I wonder why divorce rates are so extremely high.

oh also yeah she is a half elf, and a descendent of lothar actually!
    And yeah, dwarves with beards are based, let women have facial hair, cause it is not a 'gender" thing, it is just a thing, and in a lot of cultures, a sign of power. To be able to have a long beard is a status symbol.