Re: Ask it! UI/Mods Edition

Parent a panel with KgPanels to the chat frame, with such a border.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Parent a panel with KgPanels to the chat frame, with such a border.
    I should have specified the background of them, I wanted to know how he made them fade.

There's no fade, just a background texture. A regular fade of colours is called a gradient. But that's not the case.

I seem to be having a problem with sexymap and eepanels. I'm using eepanels, and overlapping 4 different pannels to get the effect I want. Two pannels don't have a color, and I'm using them for borders. This is all fine and dandy, setting levels and what not. Works great. However, when I get to my minimap (sexymap), the map sits under one of the colors. I can't set this color to 0, or the effect I want breaks. Is there anyway to fix sexymap to be on say, level 20, or something? Or make it sit on top?

How about installing a proper minimap where you can adjust the strata (z-level) ? :-)

Such as Chinchilla.

Sexymap is a terrible bad minimap mod, and 9/10 people just use it for the default "fancy" texture, since they got squat idea about how to setup textures the proper way.

Rofl, well, I'll give that a try. Thanks!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by ant1pathy
    I went and downloaded this as well. And now i am ready to have its babies!
    No more 8 fps in raids i seriously love this add-on!

BUT...

3.1....will it still work? can someone update this? I know less then shit about lua coding and i will be so sad if i cant use this pretty baby any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Marydoll
    I went and downloaded this as well. And now i am ready to have its babies!
    No more 8 fps in raids i seriously love this add-on!

BUT...

3.1....will it still work? can someone update this? I know less then shit about lua coding and i will be so sad if i cant use this pretty baby any more.
    Depends on what 3.1 changes. The addon broke with the massive changes made in the pre-Wrath patch, but as I recall the fix was rather minor.

What's the name of the addon counting BG win/loss ratio?
    Ok im new to hotkeying so im most likely doing something wrong.

I can hotkey alt to anything but the function keys. I can do alt+f1, f2, f3 but when i get to f4 it crashes my game EVERY TIME! Its annoying because I have to reset all my hotkeys cuz a game crash doesnt save them. Please fix soon!

Not a "ask it" addon question but I figure instead of amking a forum topic for something simple it's best in here. ON EU servers the other day their was a UI error ssome (glueXML) I thought it was my UI so I deleted my WTF cache and Interface (obviously backed up) when doing this when I copied them back my macors has gone after contacting a GM I found out my macros wa snot saved to the server as I created them before 3.0.

Is their anyway I can get them back (through if I can find my macro code somewhere I'll be happy with a cope/paste job or will I just need to re-create them. (narrow it down a bit, where can I find my "macros code" in the WTF / Cache / Interface folder).

Try look for the file named "macros" in your old WTF folder.....

Because you never thought of trying anything THAT obvious, did you now?

There might be a "macros-cache.old" file there; try renaming that to "macros-cache.txt" and copying that over. If you've not made new ones in a while, that might restore them.

The files are all plain text, opening it with notepad and copying the necessary macros over if they are in the file is so much smarter.

yeah the older ones are their (The ones I made pre 3.0) It still seems the newly created ones are not their nor in the /macros interface. no big deal I guess. Just have to re-create them. Thanks for replys.

Should of really checked in "WTF" folder before posting.

Few questions, cause I just can't find the answers.
    Prat - it puts little like, papers in the top left hand corners of my chat logs. Can these be removed? their annoying and ugly.
    Quartz - AOE res timers and such while in BG's, can they be hidden or anything? I have the other timers off but it doesn't seem to get rid of those.

And last of all. When I'm in BG's, or in a PvP zone; theres the little base counters, timers, whatever up in the middle of the screen. Is there any addon that will let me move those? Their sitting right in the middle of my minimap..

Quote Originally Posted by FourLetterWurdz
    Few questions, cause I just can't find the answers.
    Prat - it puts little like, papers in the top left hand corners of my chat logs. Can these be removed? their annoying and ugly.
    Quartz - AOE res timers and such while in BG's, can they be hidden or anything? I have the other timers off but it doesn't seem to get rid of those.

And last of all. When I'm in BG's, or in a PvP zone; theres the little base counters, timers, whatever up in the middle of the screen. Is there any addon that will let me move those? Their sitting right in the middle of my minimap..
    1) Sorry don't know off the top of my head what you're referring to.
    2) Try going through the /quartz menu and turning off all of the options you don't use, as a start.
    3) MoveAnything!
    "If you could be retarded or paralyzed in all parts of your body except your organs and face, which would you be?"
    - Sodah, Detheroc

"Who, after all, is today speaking of the destruction of the Armenians?"
    -Adolph Hitler, 1939

PvP UI Tutorial (videos)|Arena Junkies Sticky
    Official WoW Forum Sticky|WCM Full version

3) Chinchilla (MoveAnything sucks)

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/3...0109175012.jpg
    ^ is the prat issue I'm having.

I seem to have yet, a new isussue. Quartz won't "scroll" down the list of fonts/textures I have. Is there anyway to fix that? I'd like to have something else.

15+ Year Old Account

Im very interested in knowing what minimap + minimap buttons that is used here?

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...609_194309.jpg

I would also like to know if the top bar is FuBar.?

And which font is used?

*sigh*

Pretty much every single minimap can be square with a single border.
    The "buttons" is just a customized texture.

And the top can both be FuBar, or a random texture with some data broker plugins on.