Deleted
    Hi there i am looking for an addon, that allows me as the master looter of the group to better distribute items.

In my current raid, not everyone knows what is best for him/her. So i need an addon that shows me for everyone who rolled on an item, what they have currently equipped in that slot, as well as, if possible by any means, a simple stat priority for said class/spec so i do not have to look those up for myself in case the player does not know better.

the first part though, seeing what they currently have, is the mandatory part

i suggest O Item Level (OiLvL)
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/o-item-level

great tool to see what everyone in your current raid is wearing while having an option for loot distributing, may not be the best, but so far our guild have used it for a looong time

Quote Originally Posted by Meaux View Post
    Is there any way to see the full list of addon memory usage? Default UI only shows the top three.
    There are a bunch of addons on curse.com that do this. If your concern is performance, though, memory use is an extremely misleading way to measure it. You can have an addon that uses a huge amount of memory and contributes nothing to performance loss, or an addon that uses almost none, but causes frame skips all over the place. A much better solution to tracking down those skips is Addons CPU Usage which profiles during combat, and lets you know what used excessive CPU time. (cputhieves is an alternative that also works outside combat, but provides less nicely formatted data.)

Deleted
    I'm looking for an addon to modify the behavior of the glowy borders on buttons. For example, I'd like to give Execute one border when Sudden Death is up and another when it's available because the target is below 20% health. Is there any good addon for this?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erica View Post
    I'm looking for an addon to modify the behavior of the glowy borders on buttons. For example, I'd like to give Execute one border when Sudden Death is up and another when it's available because the target is below 20% health. Is there any good addon for this?
    you can use weakauras for this, under actions -> on show/hide -> glow, im assuming there are also some stand-alone addons for this if you don't want to use WA, im just not familiar with them
    Abandon the search for Truth; settle for a good fantasy.
    iKeystones, iLFRDescription, iEncounterEventTracker

Quote Originally Posted by Ironi View Post
    you can use weakauras for this, under actions -> on show/hide -> glow, im assuming there are also some stand-alone addons for this if you don't want to use WA, im just not familiar with them
    WeakAuras is probably the best bet here. Most of the other addons that do things like this are "SpellFlash" style addons that suggest spells to use in your rotation or whatever.

Deleted
    Sounds good, hadn't noticed Weakaura could apply a glow to any frame including buttons. Thanks.

Hey guys, I didn't want to start a new thread just for a single question so I'll ask it here.

I would like to mess around with some LUA coding and start with making some simple addons. I already study programming at my university and am familiar with languages such as Java, C#, PHP, and many other modern languages.

Could someone who is familiar with LUA link me something to get me started? Preferably I always like to start from the absolute basics and work my way up myself.

Edit: Found some links myself, posting here in case someone has the same question

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Getting_sta...okieSetup=true

API - http://wow.gamepedia.com/World_of_Wa...okieSetup=true
    Last edited by Nayami; 2015-05-08 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    I would like to mess around with some LUA coding and start with making some simple addons. I already study programming at my university and am familiar with languages such as Java, C#, PHP, and many other modern languages. Could someone who is familiar with LUA link me something to get me started? Preferably I always like to start from the absolute basics and work my way up myself.
    http://www.lua.org/start.html (and also google for "lua tutorial"

Deleted
    Hi, im looking for the name of the loot addon that pops up at the end of this fight in the middle of the screen. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQnXoartqKE
    I think I have seen it before but I cant find it, thanks

It is a part of AtlasLoot.

Deleted
    ah right thanks

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    In response to creating borders.

How do you guys go about creating "Pixel Perfect" borders

thank you

is it possible for a progress bar weakaura to represent only a portion of the targets health? for example, an hp bar that drains from 100-0% but only represents a specific 10% of the targets total hp?

as it stands i can only get the bar to represent total hp, and disappear once the threshold is passed, but that isnt what i want.
    Last edited by kheath812; 2015-05-11 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    is it possible for a progress bar weakaura to represent only a portion of the targets health? for example, an hp bar that drains from 100-0% but only represents a specific 10% of the targets total hp?

as it stands i can only get the bar to represent total hp, and disappear once the threshold is passed, but that isnt what i want.
    Yes, but you need custom code to set the bar minimum, maximum and actual value.
    There has been an aura to do similar with Warlock Embers, having 4 bars filling up each to 10 "emberbits"/one full ember before the next one is progressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Yes, but you need custom code to set the bar minimum, maximum and actual value.
    There has been an aura to do similar with Warlock Embers, having 4 bars filling up each to 10 "emberbits"/one full ember before the next one is progressed.
    i cant quite figure it out.

the hp just freaks out and flashes all over the place when i do damage to the target.

Code:
    da0DfaGiLk6sssXOakDkGkZsPk3ssSlGIHjvhdkldLEgv10OIRrv2Mu8nP04GW5KuZtsQ6EkvQdIuvlevYdrfMOKu5IivAJcPrIuQtIuXkPsVuPsMPqyNa(jQOLcu1tfnvqDvKs(Qsf2l5VOsnybhgQwme9yHAYi5YQSzu8zLYOrvDAjETsvnBiDBGSBf9BLmCuLLJ45GmDkxxHTlj57ssPXleDEKI1JuL9RQfMGvcsjLskbRmsozyGotaDW079MwmFenTyiA9usdNmmqNPOoET(1niQ7iCWQ7TSIPIJVsKlc1r4yHUicwaycOlawb0fGVa6cWrayYuYSMwuu8niLCsl4iOdaDvIeNWXcDreSayvupSAwFeEoEST((DhwXuXZxa(kQJhlgBthrN1VTUTMvmvA6YuIUWPeSsQcdtjEGA0iyLGgOwrWYKPKGhFcwjObQveSmzkhqh3ZRQJiUuA4O30eSsqduRiyzYuswONGvcAGAfbltMYyuCiibReQm3qpL7G(Gpco5yxkbnqTIGvUd6d(i4KJDjUKjtjeVlwWkHkZn0ta(kbnqTIGfGV4sMmzkj3wznHPH3PeFqWrItucz4X7djKkTlsBqoLmhHTvjYfH6i0zcDMaWuAKY22reSsJgENY4bKTaPCmVQUPPeFylLXdiBbIBJgENsid3gqkhZIP0WjBNPmEazlqv3GGBL1ujZygBL1eSG7D)Wh(WhqxX4OFGpVpS7pqRzXO9HJA8b7onCY2z7eCV7h(Wh(qH5d859HQF319py8V5hiNniZp03dRVNrg37(Hp8HpCOq3hiNniZpWN3hQgS(Ey99mY4E3p8Hp8HBs9U3K6DF339DF339DF339DF339DF33vz8aYwGuYmMXwznbl4E3p8Hp8bYzdY8dgzCV7nPuEvDtdsjTaOdm30MU0pcyARmEazlqCZVqDkTcOJszm)lEFLxv30uoGoUhZIjUKP0UinHuj)RSX3u0gSAwN2wNUtnlgcVgXuXbHsK4X7trw84yHUicwaycOlawb0fGVa6cWrayYuICrOocNmmqNjawLufiEO40aFrAGVSX3u(bLixeQJiUuICrOocDP2oLCHwOh9WjuFaETqTcpL4uufRSM4OCBKY22rGeSmLixeQJKf6Dcat5yAKY22reSY4bKTaPKzmJTYAcwW9UF4dF4dKZgK5hyWrHU39MukhZIP0WjBNjtjs8493iRXKIJf6IiybGPOnTiWquJX299AQBqGqmv88eaRI653GOUULTZIGTP39ftfppb4ROT9ghN2EV73IHWH1tmv8AeGJI650D8XQBBA9QzRB6IPINVmLfkLgo5d859bSEVsDxz1wOm(kAB3ZXPXVgR2XRH1RrmvCCuwIxtHu5CacMu22ocKaWuAfqhrivsvG4HItd8fPfXXyk)GmLqkzbdgy6GPRSkbG5WIjtc
    it also doesnt go away when i dont have a target, it is just an empty bar.

- - - Updated - - -

i managed to get the hp portion of it working, but i cant for the life of me figure out how to make the bar just hide completely when the target has less than 90% hp or i dont have a target. it just stays up.

Code:
    dmKSgaGiKYLGkvJsLCkLQvHizwQu3cQK2Luv(fIYWKIJjLwMKONHiAAQkCneHTjj5BQksJdPQohIQ3bvfZtsO7jvzFQkkheQIEOQIQjcvkxeQsTrOkzKQQ6KqLWkvLzcvv3erQDIu5Nscgkufwkuv6PqMkv1vHk2lXFLKAWGdtYIvv5XuyYkLlRyZsLplPgnPoTeRgQe9AKQmBOCBe2nL(nvz4Qy5u55iz6OUUs2Uuv9DvfX4POZRQ0(flTIVGie0MG2eFbzwHUoQHf6W1pOFL9rsYj)J2pAQQssiOVvORJAybVirtvvrcswvvKtc6tFYjVYgPdx)4tfuXWZk)euNNLXlmvnLGQao(4hxqhElimp1M4lOTsxxXyHXFfFbrSW4I4lSWcY5HnIVGiwyCr8fwybXkSXYIVGiwyCr8fwyb5ugJ4liIfgxeFHfwyb5M6IN1)7zeKA5u)uobrXkd6rj)euXw4Qn8ioydpBcDTcARqHlxwdU0)i)e0wH6GP(6pMm(Nowqbee7k11Jt8fe)9mcYyrXEecYyrXEe42YP4INvqDlRbx8Sx75fiqGayEgkSa6ZDacLP(KxGabcOp3biuM6tGEbWXw4)JcJ1x0yLREyA73bWXw4)JcJ1KwzErJvU6HPTNxGabcu6cCPpKrOm1hs120ShOI9iVjaRhBa3WlNnqNcJAYlqGabgmQP0f4sFiJqzQp7b61lqBawp2aUHxoBG2M72MB2TM8ceiqGbJAc4gE5SbU0hYiuM6dPABA2X92M72MB2TM8ceiqGXUL3y3YlV8Ytqglk2JqqDlRbx8Sx7bYlqGabW8muyb0N7aekt9jVabceqFUdqOm1Na9cGJTW)hfgRVOXkx9W02VdGJTW)hfgRjTY8IgRC1dtBpVabceiVabceO0DPpKrOm1NavSxG29aSESbCdVC2aSBn4tEbceiWy3YBSBcYqpg0tqRZMIhbzSOypIQ5VNrquSIxucliEmz5NG4cX4KFcsTTv4INvHvn7k11JJs8f6AfFbXUsD94eFbzSOypcCB5uCXZkOUL1GlE2R98ceiqampdfwa95oaHYuFYlqGab0N7aekt9jqVa4yl8)rHX6lASYvpmT97a4yl8)rHXAsRmVOXkx9W02ZlqGabkDbU0hYiuM6dPABA2duXEK3eG1JnGB4LZgOtHrn5fiqGadg1u6cCPpKrOm1N9a96fOnaRhBa3WlNnqBZDBZn7wtEbceiWGrnbCdVC2ax6dzekt9HuTnn74EBZDBZn7wtEbceiWy3YBSB5LxE5ji(7zeKXII9ieKXII9ieu3YAWfp71EG8ceiqampdfwa95oaHYuFYlqGab0N7aekt9jqVa4yl8)rHX6lASYvpmT97a4yl8)rHXAsRmVOXkx9W02ZlqGabYlqGabkDx6dzekt9jWN1lqtFKVhG1JnGB4LZgGDRbFYlqGabg7wEJDlV8YlpbrT(n9pwgT66kMcQ6phpr(vJ8Xt81xqg6XGEcAD2u8iiJff7run)9mcIIv8Isqt)JLf0)rHXAbrT(n9pwgpCtxXuqi8aVXp(fwqll7k11Jt8fwyHfKDr47k11JJsORsbPNsTMf6QIKcQSjOFkTtqll7k11Jt8fKXII9ieuE5jSG(KYgRf6izBRG2kuhm1x)XKX3sTMfuaHfeLGQSV2(A6Rrq9l01(rLTclca
    i read http://www.wowace.com/addons/weakauras-2/pages/triggers-and-untriggers/ but it didnt really help me.
    Last edited by kheath812; 2015-05-12 at 03:55 AM.

So, there are several errors in there:

First, your trigger function should look something like this:
    Code:
    function() 
        local hp, maxhp = UnitHealth("target"), UnitHealthMax("target")

return (hp/maxhp) >= 0.9
    end
    You need a untrigger function
    Code:
    function() 
        return true
    end
    and your custom duration function should never return bool, I'm not sure what you were trying to display, but this should match what you want:
    Code:
    function()
      return (hp/maxhp*100)%10,10,true
    end
    Last edited by InfusOnWoW; 2015-05-13 at 03:08 PM.

Deleted
    Greetings folks!
    For the last days I'v been bashing my had with Weak Auras Lua to get a very simple buff tracker working, but to no avail. Since I have next to no coding knowledge it's aparent that I probably wont be able to get it working on time, so I need some goodwilling folk to help me.

So, here's the problem:
    I want to use the UnitBuff API and "count" in particular to track how many Renew's I have active on my raid. I have gotten it to work in a way but it just displays "?" for every Renew active, on a new line of text.
    What I'm aiming for is for WA to display the count of active renews as a number (1,5,12, etc.)

If someone could help me with this, I'd be very grateful indeed.

Thank you anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by IvanYanchev View Post
    Greetings folks!
    For the last days I'v been bashing my had with Weak Auras Lua to get a very simple buff tracker working, but to no avail. Since I have next to no coding knowledge it's aparent that I probably wont be able to get it working on time, so I need some goodwilling folk to help me.

So, here's the problem:
    I want to use the UnitBuff API and "count" in particular to track how many Renew's I have active on my raid. I have gotten it to work in a way but it just displays "?" for every Renew active, on a new line of text.
    What I'm aiming for is for WA to display the count of active renews as a number (1,5,12, etc.)
    If you trundle over to the Monk forum, and look at the stickied post about Monk WAs, you will find several different styles of tracker for this. Unfortunately, it's not *actually* a simple thing to track, because it involves state, and WA isn't great with state. Anyway, the problem is solved over that way, and you should be able to take that and modify the display to match your desire more easily than write the custom lua.

(Hint: if you do want to, you need to track AURA_APPLIED and AURA_REMOVED events to figure out which unique people it comes and goes on to maintain the count.)

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    If you trundle over to the Monk forum, and look at the stickied post about Monk WAs, you will find several different styles of tracker for this. Unfortunately, it's not *actually* a simple thing to track, because it involves state, and WA isn't great with state. Anyway, the problem is solved over that way, and you should be able to take that and modify the display to match your desire more easily than write the custom lua.

(Hint: if you do want to, you need to track AURA_APPLIED and AURA_REMOVED events to figure out which unique people it comes and goes on to maintain the count.)
    Actually tracking the number of renews is trivial. Change "Unit" to Group. Make sure that in Stackinfo "Affected Players" is selected. And on the display tab, use %s.

No custom lua code required at all.