Hmm what is your Solution to MiniMap Icons of Addons? Do you have them ? hide them? any addons / Plug ins to convert or manage them?

I run into the Problem that with ElvUi as a base not every minimap Icon fits it self to a resized minimap meaning I would have Icons just in the middle of my Map.

Curiosity on if it's even possible anymore:

Back in Timeless Isle, there was an addon for rares that would track when they were up, or when they were last seen, by sending data between people using the same addon.

Is that functionality still allowed in addons?

AKA could someone potentially make an addon that tracks rare spawns on Argus, and tells other people if they're up for the day or not, and broadcast it to others using the addon?

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post

Back in Timeless Isle, there was an addon for rares that would track when they were up, or when they were last seen, by sending data between people using the same addon.

AKA could someone potentially make an addon that tracks rare spawns on Argus, and tells other people if they're up for the day or not, and broadcast it to others using the addon?
    Im Using Rare scanner atm. It actually gives note if other people have encountered Rares on argus and how long ago that was. I dont know if its based on guild or F list but I think thatwas what you are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post

The problem with a rare addon that communicates is phasing and sharding. New Legion tech brought methods to minimize high population areas to complement cross-server phasing that kept population up. If enough players are in one zone, that zone splits into multiple instances. Each instance has their own object and NPC spawns.

On top of that, the timeless isle addon needed to use a special chat channel since addons have no public way to speak to other addons, which caused issues when bad players locked out that channel, effectively breaking the addon for the entire server.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by miDnight77 View Post
    Im Using Rare scanner atm. It actually gives note if other people have encountered Rares on argus and how long ago that was. I dont know if its based on guild or F list but I think thatwas what you are looking for
    Not quite. The one for Timeless Isle was just everyone with the addon installed.

Guild and FList won't do much for me as most my friends are off WoW now, and my guild isn't very active on Argus.

15+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know of a mod that can briefly flash the remaining CD of an ability near your mouse cursor if you try and use it while on CD?

I'm looking for something similar to a recent feature in HotS, where if you try to use an ability that was still on CD, a little box with a x.x second counter pops up where your cursor is, that displays the remaining CD for that ability for about a second or so.

I like to keep my UI clean and as clear as possible, especially when healing as I need to have the raid frames larger than I do when playing DPS/tank. I know of addons that can display cooldown timers as moveable frames, but I would prefer to not have that clutter as I have a reasonably good feel on my CD timers in my head, but every so often I need to check a specific remaining CD and being able to flash that where my cursor is by pressing the ability's hotkey would be A+

Is there something like this out there?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I have never done that but I've seen Weakauras beeing anchored to the courser

One thing I still use even tho it wasnd updated in ages and is sometimes a bit inaccurate is Doom_CooldownPulse that will pulse an Icon in the center screen if something goes of cooldown. Dunno if it works with masque tho im using the clean icons.

Quote Originally Posted by miDnight77 View Post
    I have never done that but I've seen Weakauras beeing anchored to the courser

One thing I still use even tho it wasnd updated in ages and is sometimes a bit inaccurate is Doom_CooldownPulse that will pulse an Icon in the center screen if something goes of cooldown. Dunno if it works with masque tho im using the clean icons.
    From the admittedly very little I've read, Tell Me When should do the same?

Edit:

For the gurus of UI, what information should be displayed on the Player and Target frames?

I'm currently using ElvUI, showing name (in the information panel?), health, power, class bar, cast bar, and buffs & debuffs.
    Last edited by PragmaticGamer; 2017-09-12 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post

Edit:

For the gurus of UI, what information should be displayed on the Player and Target frames?

I'm currently using ElvUI, showing name (in the information panel?), health, power, class bar, cast bar, and buffs & debuffs.
    Subjective opinion.
    I don't see the need for your own name, or class to be displayed.
    Class colouring could remove the need for the class to be specified on other frames too.
    And name also perhaps, depending on preference - particularly influenced by your willingness to click target rather than tab-target maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post

Edit:

As ComputerNerd has already said, it's entirely subjective, different strokes for different folks.

Unless you're planing to release your UI on curse/wowi, you should think about your own needs only, they're the most important for you. Think about the role you perform, what kind of essential data you need to see to do your job well, make a list of these things and then put them on your unit frames.

does anyone know of a working addon like http://www.wowinterface.com/download...FanUpdate.html ? Or an updated version?

I'm trying to apply a certain skin (caith) to the default target/focus auras

Quote Originally Posted by Colroyd View Post
    does anyone know of a working addon like http://www.wowinterface.com/download...FanUpdate.html ? Or an updated version?

I'm trying to apply a certain skin (caith) to the default target/focus auras
    this?
    https://wow.curseforge.com/projects/blizzbuffsfacade

hey there i was wondering if there is any way to detach the 3d portrait in shadowed unit frames ?

Quote Originally Posted by tordenflesk View Post
    Yeah i've got that for my buffs/debuffs but it doesn't work for the target and focus sadly

Deleted
    What font is this?

Last edited by mmoc141245fdfa; 2017-09-15 at 11:00 PM.

Question about WeakAuras2 and Arena 1,2,3 Frames.

Hey guys I downloaded WA2 in hopes of adding a timer to my 3 arena frames that show the remaining time of agony on arena1,arena2 and arena3. While WA2 allows you to do this for party1,party2 and so on it sadly doeson't work for arena1-arena3.

Is there a workaround to make this happen or another addon that would allow me to make a "Curse of Agony" icon or timer for arena1-arena3 ?

Deleted
    Could someone please make a breakdown of this UI for me? <3 I wonder what the text top left below Skada are, what the unit frames might be, and what the raid frames are.

Last edited by mmoc141245fdfa; 2017-09-18 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chakra View Post
    What font is this?
    Accidental Presidency.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I'm having problems with OmniCC, so I'm wondering if there's something else that does what it does, ie puts countdown on your buttons. I know about blizz's default, but I need bigger text and biggers bars, but not a bigger "rest of the ui".

Quote Originally Posted by Moriat View Post
    Question about WeakAuras2 and Arena 1,2,3 Frames.

Hey guys I downloaded WA2 in hopes of adding a timer to my 3 arena frames that show the remaining time of agony on arena1,arena2 and arena3. While WA2 allows you to do this for party1,party2 and so on it sadly doeson't work for arena1-arena3.

Is there a workaround to make this happen or another addon that would allow me to make a "Curse of Agony" icon or timer for arena1-arena3 ?
    TellMeWhen can do it, although I'm not sure why WA2 wouldn't be able to.