The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Ask it! UI/Mods Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Naks
    Hello guys maybe u can help me to get an addon that will allow me to c both minning and herbs on my minimap?
    Cant, im pretty sure that would be against TOS

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by crahb

what is the addon that makes the addon buttons on the minimap square and clean looking?
    cycircled

Unless there's another way to do it, I use cycircled with bartender3, and it doesn't automatically skin minimap icons.

hey,
    how can i hide the sw stats minimap button? there's no option like hide or disable....

an a second questen: how can i resize the minimap buttons? i have detachedMinimapButtons, but with it i can only change their postition.

This may seem obsessive but is there a way to make the pet buttons the same size as the other buttons. I am using bartender3 and I've tried different scales and padding and I can't seem to line it up.

hi all..
    what is the name of the tooltip that shows the item stats summary?

Quote Originally Posted by Nahima
    Unless there's another way to do it, I use cycircled with bartender3, and it doesn't automatically skin minimap icons.
    same, I have SimpleMiniMap and cyCircled and the buttons don't reskin. And I can't find an option anywhere to do it either.
    SkoorbVyvanseKarmann

Quote Originally Posted by Skoorb
    same, I have SimpleMiniMap and cyCircled and the buttons don't reskin. And I can't find an option anywhere to do it either.
    minimap icons doesn't get skinned..
    [img width=375]http://dingfiles.com/bin/readf/?99145656F26RL255/Nataliah+rogue+sig.png[/img]

Ghostcrawler: "Frostmourne is a hunter weapon. True story." (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Dorina
    hi all..
    what is the name of the tooltip that shows the item stats summary?
    i assume you mean Ratingbuster...
    [img width=375]http://dingfiles.com/bin/readf/?99145656F26RL255/Nataliah+rogue+sig.png[/img]

Ghostcrawler: "Frostmourne is a hunter weapon. True story." (Source)

I just downloaded Pitbull addon, but cant seem to get it working right

its hardly able to read the target thingie ( like it almost fade away ), how can i let it show with more colour?

Quote Originally Posted by firebladex
    I just downloaded Pitbull addon, but cant seem to get it working right

its hardly able to read the target thingie ( like it almost fade away ), how can i let it show with more colour?

You need to switch off "Combat fader" in Pitbull.

Quote Originally Posted by Snitchers
    You need to switch off "Combat fader" in Pitbull.
    thank you very much, will try if I have some time to play wow.

I want to use eePanels as the backgroud for various unit frames (i.e., raid frames), but don't know how to script it to hide the background when not in raid (or party, etc.). Any help with this is appreciated.

There's a specific code that gives you a name to type into the "Parent" box of a panel. It goes numbered like this: "PitBullUnitFrame1" and so on. If someone can link that macro, that'd be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Leshya
    There's a specific code that gives you a name to type into the "Parent" box of a panel. It goes numbered like this: "PitBullUnitFrame1" and so on. If someone can link that macro, that'd be cool.
    Thank you for the response. I am on the same page with the parent element, but I have no clue as to what the different elements are named. I do use Pitbull for my unit frames if that helps anyone.

Im looking for a UI/mod i can use that would basically just change up the look of some stuff for me. I only use the ui built into the game and some other basic addons such as dbm, auctioneer, gatherer and such. I am a clicker (i know i know) and dont want to spend hours trying to customize my ui. any tips of which one might be good for me? Havent tried xperl, pitbul, or anything as of yet.
    Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcefire
    Thank you for the response. I am on the same page with the parent element, but I have no clue as to what the different elements are named. I do use Pitbull for my unit frames if that helps anyone.
    I think this may work, going to try when I get home:

/print GetMouseFocus():GetName()

I'll post a response on whether this works or not.

<edit>
    Works just fine with the exception of Pitbull party and raid frames due to the way PB labels the frames. Works for most other unit frames and chat frames.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronik
    cycircled
    do you have to have a minimap icon addon as well? can't find out where to change them..

Quote Originally Posted by crahb
    do you have to have a minimap icon addon as well? can't find out where to change them..
    Iirc, you change that by adding in a separate file with new textures in the Interface (not Addons) folder named Minimap. CyCircled does not reskin minimap buttons.

anyone know how to use the normal blizzard ui with nurfed ui suite?