Page 1 of 3
LastLast

2.4 Under Development page and more details

The Under Development page on the official website has been updated. We already heard about what's posted here and they're in the compilation below on the homepage, but I think that's the first time they talk about three new features (in bold)

[b] Sunwell Isle - A new area located north of Silvermoon City
    • Sunwell Plateau - A high-level 25-player instance featuring six bosses
    • Magister's Terrace - A high-level 5-player instance
    • New Reputation - The Shattered Sun Offensive is Shattrath City's answer to Kael'thas's operations in the Sunwell; it is comprised of the combined forces of the Aldor and the Scryers, led by the naaru.
    • New Daily Quests and Interactive Quest Hub

UI Improvements
    • New combat log features and customization

Quest Improvements
    • New daily fishing quest
    • Maximum daily quests per day increased to 25
    • New repeatable Battleground quests

Item Improvements
    • New Heroic badge rewards
    • Some PvP rewards now obtainable through PvE content

Caverns of Time
    • New teleportation portal to the Caverns of Time accessible through reputation with Keepers of Time

Alterac Valley Improvements
    Originally Posted by Bornakk (Blue Tracker)
    Alterac Valley will see a few very significant improvements in the next patch and we wanted to share the details of what we have planned.

The first change will be to move the Horde's starting tunnel back to a more equal distance from the first objectives, which will help evenly distance the starting points for each side across the terrain when the battle commences.

In addition, the General and Warmasters for each faction will receive a stacking buff from each other that boosts their health and damage. The more of them that are still in the battleground, the more dangerous they will all be. This will put a greater focus on destroying (and defending!) the towers that remove the Warmasters as players work toward defeating the appropriate General and conquering the land.

Also Balinda Stonehearth has been studying her spellbooks to become a more challenging opponent to the Horde and will do more damage with her spells. The additional health we recently added to Balinda and General Vanndar Stormpike will no longer be needed with these improvements and will be changed back to their previous amounts with the patch.

With these improvements teamwork and strategy will be more important than ever from beginning to end as the Alliance and Horde battle for victory in Alterac Valley. We'll see you on the battlefield.

Re: 2.4 Under Development page and more details

HAHA owned horde no more capping of alliance bunkers without defence!

And wtf I thought they said that they wouldnt add more badge rewards - oh my - back to farming

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by SimTex
    HAHA owned horde no more capping of alliance bunkers without defence!

And wtf I thought they said that they wouldnt add more badge rewards - oh my - back to farming
    Atleast your bunkers are self-defending unlike our towers.

Can the Alliance finally stop QQing?... Probably not.

glad well finally have a portal, may make leveling in tanaris better since 70s dont need to go to gadget and run there now, wonder where it will be though.
    glad i still just been saving my badges and havent wasted them yet ;-P
    and yay for more bg dailys.

... are they fucking kidding me...

They're going to make it more difficult for horde to win, when the alliance already run straight through and can leap over everything?

Can we have a snow storm so we can climb up the mountain behind the south bunker without going over the bridge? Can we maybe get some archers worth a damn in our towers? ugh.

This is disgusting.

Great. Horde in my battlegroup lose about 95% of the time in AV... This little "nerf" will definitely top that off.

New repeatable Battleground quests
    Get back in your tiny little box and shut your face! We won't make PvP really matter to the game so quit asking! :'(

Those changes for sure will change 95% alliance win ratio in AV... to 99.9%.
    But well... with increased honor from HK Horde will probably return favor and use "YOU SHALL NOT PASS" tactic at IB.

New Heroic badge rewards
    What? I remember blue post not-long-ago where they said that there will be no new badge items ???

I don't get it. In my battlegroup Alliance is still winning, a bit less than before, but still more than 75% of their AV. Blizzard really needs to communicate official stats or to fix AV by making it symetric to make all whiners shut up.

Lol, another patch, another AV rewrite.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    *Some PvP rewards now obtainable through PvE content
    I wonder what PvE content they mean. If more pvp items are obtainable with badges or as drops in heroic instances, that would be wonderful. I'm so sick of honor grinding.

way to screw AV up, alliance goes on strike and Blizzard give them what they want... I've seen this with other mmo's kids start complaining and the devs give them what they want and before you know it the game is on a downhill slide it cannot recover from

Quote Originally Posted by Fugazi
    What? I remember blue post not-long-ago where they said that there will be no new badge items ???
    I do too... but this news makes me much happier
    ïт'ѕ иσт εαѕỵ вεïиġ ġяεεи.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordin
    I wonder what PvE content they mean. If more pvp items are obtainable with badges or as drops in heroic instances, that would be wonderful. I'm so sick of honor grinding.
    It was mentioned yesterday that the old blue PvP gear will be made avaiable as faction rewards.

I'm glad that Balinda will be more of a threat to Horde since she can be stun-silence locked to death. On the other side I must admit that Horde Towers defenses need some improvements since we alliance just need to run in and cap them and Horde need to kill almost every alliance archers in order to cap it. just my two cents
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowyn
    All the screams of "WoW is dying" is just stupid to me. Their numbers keep going up, how do you explain that? Personally I get really tired of WoW, wait let me rephrase that, personally I get tired of the morons I have to put with when I play WoW. Morons who think that they are entitled something, morons who whimper about the old days when they were screaming about how boring MC was and how they wanted to claw their eyes out. I wish you people could hear/read what you say/post sometimes.

Too much gear getting put out there.

"With these improvements teamwork and strategy will be more important than ever from beginning to end as the Alliance and Horde battle for victory in Alterac Valley."

Hum, they think that teamwork and strategy are easy to manage in a BG for pick up only ?

Quote Originally Posted by Efedorus
    I'm glad that Balinda will be more of a threat to Horde since she can be stun-silence locked to death. On the other side I must admit that Horde Towers defenses need some improvements since we alliance just need to run in and cap them and Horde need to kill almost every alliance archers in order to cap it. just my two cents
    Horde dont need to kill a shit they just need to position themself correctly. The only way alliance can use the archers to their advantage is by actually defending the towers, a tactic which in fact is also usable by horde.

Quote Originally Posted by SimTex
    Horde dont need to kill a shit they just need to position themself correctly. The only way alliance can use the archers to their advantage is by actually defending the towers, a tactic which in fact is also usable by horde.
    That's not correct. The south dun bunker isn't cap'able by horde without killing 1 of the NPC's, something that takes up very valuable time. Also, when horde runs in to the alliance base, they get hit by all the archers, while alliance can just easily run in to the horde base without taking much damage at all, without aggroing any NPC's, and just cap everything. Ever seen an AV(40vs40) where horde cap'ed the alliance base before alliance cap'ed horde? No? Didn't think so.

In my battlegroup horde wins maby 15-20% of the AV's (rough estimate after grinding over 250k honor for a newly dinged 70 alt).