Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Hit and expertise cap for ret at level 80.

I'm sure that this has already come up and that i am merely not finding the thread about it so i must ask the simple question of what is the hit cap and the expertise cap for a Ret pally at level 80? Thank you for your help.

Re: Hit and expertise cap for ret at level 80.

Hit cap still 9% I believe. Not sure about expertise but so little of our gear has any that I wouldn't worry about it too much.

I want to say it's about 36 hit rating per 1%, i could easily be wrong, but from the look and estimate guessing from comparing items on WoW head, it looks like 18 hit rating = 0.50% hit. I could be wrong.

If it's 9% still our target it's,

36 x 9 = 324 hit raiting required.

I do believe that rating requirements per 1% of that specific stat are now doubled as you suggested

My question about hit rating is: at level 80 with a tier7 gear level, it'll be a problem to cap hit rating without socketing or it is possible to cap it only via gear stats?

Quote Originally Posted by Pharsees
    I'm sure that this has already come up and that i am merely not finding the thread about it so i must ask the simple question of what is the hit cap and the expertise cap for a Ret pally at level 80? Thank you for your help.
    Hit cap is 295.2 rating (9%) at 80 or 262.3 if you have the draenei racial. (32.78 per %)
    Expertise cap at 70 is 104 (6.5% dodge) and if the boss dodge chance is the same then it is 242 Rating required for 26 expertise or 6.5% dodge reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Jedi
    My question about hit rating is: at level 80 with a tier7 gear level, it'll be a problem to cap hit rating without socketing or it is possible to cap it only via gear stats?
    capping it will not be a priority for ret pallies as dps spreadsheets on elitist jerks show str as being twice as good for dps for us. You will just take w/e hit u can get on gear and gem for Str in red and the new Str+ Hit gem in yellow and fill two blue sockets with stam+ str.

OT: and what about crit rating? I understand that str is most important but raiding with 20~25% crit is somewhat crap :|

15+ Year Old Account

at 70 having as much as 90 hit rating was enough since shooting for more would require alot of +hit geear and gems.

Id assume that at lvl 80 you would want to shoot for 100-150ish since no one could even cap it.

I guess 25-50 expertiese would be a good start as well.

going too high in those stats will alter the rest of your stats, so its best to pick 3 stats to focus on, then buff the rest with armor items and maybe purple, green and orange gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Jedi
    OT: and what about crit rating? I understand that str is most important but raiding with 20~25% crit is somewhat crap :|
    For crit rating it looks like its best to just keep w/e you already have on your gear and not gem for it.

Here you go this should probably be more helpful for you.

Below each number represents 1% at level 80
    Expertise(-1% Dodge/Parry) 32.78998947
    Defense Skill 4.918498039
    Resilience 81.97497559
    Dodge 39.34798813
    Parry 49.18498611
    Block 16.39499474
    Hit 32.78998947
    Spell Hit 26.23199272
    Critical Strike 45.90598679
    Spell Critical Strike 45.90598679
    Haste 32.78998947
    Spell Haste 32.78998947
    Armor Penetration 15.39529991
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Quote Originally Posted by Masterpd85
    at 70 having as much as 90 hit rating was enough since shooting for more would require alot of +hit geear and gems.

Id assume that at lvl 80 you would want to shoot for 100-150ish since no one could even cap it.
    The cap at 70 is ~140. You're bad.

They took away precision numb nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    The cap at 70 is ~140. You're bad.

They took away precision numb nuts.
    how is he bad? he is just saying that you would actually lose dps if you stacked hit using gems over other stats like str.

Quote Originally Posted by mightus
    how is he bad? he is just saying that you would actually lose dps if you stacked hit using gems over other stats like str.
    Yes because 4000 attack power does you a lot of good when you miss 8% of the time.

Yes because 4000 attack power does you a lot of good when you miss 8% of the time.
    No matter how little hit % you have dps spreadsheets always show that 10 strength results in more dps than 10 hit rating.

No matter how little hit % you have dps spreadsheets always show that 10 strength results in more dps than 10 hit rating.
    Missed hits do significantly less damage then those that land ;D

Cap hit, please, it's not hard for a 2 hand user.

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand

=

=

win

<3

=

=

win

<3
    Learn your class please. We are not rogues. Go look at the Elitist jerks forum sometime today and maybe you will learn something.

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand

wrong.

www.elitistjerks.com

go learn something.

Learn your class please. We are not rogues. Go look at the Elitist jerks forum sometime today and maybe you will learn something.
    Care to link us the thread where hit all of a sudden becomes less important? I know it used to be true for enhancement shamans but now hitting the soft cap is pretty much a requirement for all melee classes.

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatheed
    wrong.

www.elitistjerks.com

go learn something.
    Thank you for the link to the front page, it was already bookmarked.