Level 80 Raid Loot

My guild is in the process of adopting a new dkp system, rewarding dkp to the raid based on the dkp spent on drops. We are wondering how many drops we should expect per boss?

This is what I am presuming we will see, based on TBC drops...

(10-man)

2 epics drops per Naxx boss
    1 tier and 1 epic from Four Horsemen, Thaddius, and Loatheb
    1 tier and 2 epics from Kel'Thuzad
    1 tier and 1 epic from Sartharion (+1 epic per extra drake up and the mount instead of an extra epic for 3 drakes up)
    2 epic drops for Malygos

(25-man)

3 epics drops per Naxx boss
    2 tier and 1 epic from Four Horsemen, Thaddius, and Loatheb
    2 tier and 2 epics from Kel'Thuzad
    2 tier and 1 epic from Sartharion (+1 epic per extra drake up and the mount instead of an extra epic for 3 drakes up)
    3 epic drops for Malygos

Do I have it right, or am I completely off? Corrections to the numbers above would be greatly appreciated

Re: Level 80 Raid Loot

I refuse to answer this question until you confirm that you're not going to use set prices on items. Systems like that are worse than worthless.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

My guild is currently basing 10 man loot on need... If a player needs it for their class, they get it... If it's considered an off spec, then people roll off on it...

As far as eventually get back into 25 mans, we will use the EPGP system... Seemed pretty fair and successful in BC...
    Work in Progress....

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    I refuse to answer this question until you confirm that you're not going to use set prices on items.
    Set base prices. We had dkp pooling issues from members taking drops for min bid, roughly equal to same amount of dkp earned per boss. The idea now is that a drop is worth more than just that one boss kill, especially in a raid with as many bosses as Naxx (like Kara). But to determine how much dkp will be gained per kill (presuming drops are taken) we would like to know how many drops we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Canopus
    As far as eventually get back into 25 mans, we will use the EPGP system... Seemed pretty fair and successful in BC...
    Would have been my first choice on a new system. Thanks for the tips on dkp systems. Any comments on the number of drops per boss?

Bump. Any constructive input on the above numbers would be greatly appreciated.

We really don't want to end up awarding more dkp for 10-man runs over 25-mans. A lot of our members have told us they want dkp for 10-mans, so we are giving it to them until we are farming it, but we want 25-man runs to be equally rewarding for dkp, if not more rewarding. In our system, knowing how many drops to expect for an average raid boss will allow us determine how much dkp they will recieve.

Thanks in advance to all the alternative dkp suggestions, please let me know what you think of the numbers above in addition to what's flawed in our system.

25m nax drops 4 per boss ,2 tokens 2 epics on applicable bosses
    25m sarth droped 2 tokens and least 2 other epics ,could been 3. w/ all drakes down

Just roll. Raiding is so easy right now you can have all three ten mans cleared (x3 times) and three 25 mans cleared each week, considering if you have 30 guild members. Lot of loot to go around. Just roll.

Quote Originally Posted by zbik
    25m nax drops 4 per boss ,2 tokens 2 epics on applicable bosses
    25m sarth droped 2 tokens and least 2 other epics ,could been 3. w/ all drakes down
    Thanks Zbik, seems like these are the more accurate numbers, given your input.

(25-man)

4 epics drops per Naxx boss
    2 tier and 2 epic from Four Horsemen, Thaddius, Gluth and Loatheb
    5 epics from Sapphiron
    2 tier and 3 epics from Kel'Thuzad
    2 tier and 2 epic from Sartharion (+1 epic per extra drake up and the mount instead of an extra epic for 3 drakes up)
    4 epic drops for Malygos

Quote Originally Posted by Inside
    Just roll. Raiding is so easy right now you can have all three ten mans cleared (x3 times) and three 25 mans cleared each week, considering if you have 30 guild members. Lot of loot to go around. Just roll.
    And thanks for the advice Inside, any comment on the 10 man numbers?

Firstly, use 10man roll system.

Main spec over offspec.

In 25mans, use edkp. Closed bidding. We go by - award 2dkp per hour raided, including reserves.

A 4 hour raid nets everyone 8dkp.

Next raid, set item drops.

Link & ask for dkp bids.

Highest person who whisper you gets it.

It's by far the best way as a) if people NEED it, they bid more, so that is factored in. b) It's 100% fair. You raid, you earn DKP. No favouritism c) It rewards those more commited who have less AFK.

Anyway, as to your numbers.

In 25man and 10man Naxx, bosses drop 2 epic items each. They also drop a tier token if applicable. (1 on 10man, 2 on 25man - 99% sure this part is correct, altho i swear ive seen some 10mans drop 1 token, some 2 tokens. must be in their loot table I guess).

Satharion, drops 2 epics, a bag, and the badges bag. He gives a bonus item with 1 drake up of lowest applicable item level (200 10man, 213 25man). With 2 drakes up, he gives a bonus item of the lowest applicable level, plus one of the highest applicable level ( 200/213 10man , 213/226 25 man). On 25 man heroic, he drops the Drake in addition to this.

Malygos drops 2 epics on 10man, 4 on 25 man.

That is from memory, and im pretty sure its 100% accurate, but I might be off on Malygos drops
    [center]Ultemicia - Warlock

All 10/25 Ulduar Content Cleared - Except Algaon. Working on hard modes!
    All 10/25 WotLK Content Cleared - Including Sartharion + 3 Drakes

Bloodscalp EU

Ultemicia - Lv80 Warlock
    Tungusic - L80 Restoration Shaman
    Ingafel - L75 Rogue (In progress)
    Ratenu - L70 Prot Warrior (In progress)

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Do not link your 10 and 25man dkp.

I recommends not doing dkp period.

But if you do,

make 10 man roll based with 10 people it is not hard to figure out who NEEDs it, and if its an equal upgrade rolls are just that easy.

for 25man do zero sum dkp. the specifics are easy to find on the web if you do a serarch for dkp.