Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Nourish (not useless)

Nourish is great and if you think its useles like in that "other " thread your bad L2p.
    But why not make it even more versitile, and let it get its bonus from wild growth as well? i mean i assume u get a 5% bonus with the 4 set but why not throw wild growth in with the spells regular ability???

Re: Nourish (not useless)

If you like it, why don't you explain to us what makes it so useful instead of just telling people to "L2P"? I'm not saying it's worthless, I'm just curious.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Cuase its got low casting time, low mana cost, and gets better when you have your hots up( even better than that with the 4 set), great for when you have done all the hotting you can do and need to plow heals in to some one at a fast rate, and with the haste trinkets, and natures grace its gets down to .8 or somthing. its a great effecient heal.

Yeah i think its nice too but for other reasons.

In PvE its kinda meh cause right now heroix are jokes and unless your tankis terrible hots should keep him topped off no prob. In raid resto druids dont heal tanks. They roll hots on em to help out but the pally/shama should be topping em off.

Anyway not why i was posting.

I BG'd yesterday and nourish was life saver. with all the new bursty burtersons running around it really is much more effective then trying to bloom rejuv.

If you are interested in pvp at all i would recommend trying out nourish in that capacity.

cheers,
    Chuxor

I havent leveled my druid to 80 yet, but it seems to me that it is going to be very usefull. Certainly you should be able to keep a tank up with just hots in (most) heroics, but with this you should be able to MH in raids as well, not JUST hot up the tanks and OH the raid. Its primary use seems to be exactly what you used it in pvp for, countering burst. Pre wrath all druids had was regrowth if a player needed a substantial heal fast. Now, you can HOT like normal and if the tank takes some burst, nourish.

I'm excited to play my druid at 80 for wrath. Resto seems alot more versitile then TBC.

i think if you had the 4 pice bonus druids would make great MT healers, i MT heal out 10 mans and dominate and shaman or pally in healing.

the question is not is nourish good, it's is it better than regrowth

Quote Originally Posted by Belegonfax
    the question is not is nourish good, it's is it better than regrowth
    no your wrong its not better than regrowth and regrowth is not better than nourish

greenmasheen

the way i see it, it is most useful in 10/5 mans where you wont be throwing around as many HoTs. 25 mans you will probably be throwing HoTs on raid members and stacking them on the tanks.

Regrowth is definitely better than Nourish overall, I only use nourish if I just need a bit less healing or when I really need a heal that's 0.5 seconds faster.
    Regrowth already heals more than nourish using the glyph and on top of that it crits more often than not, the mana difference is a joke compared to the difference in plain healing. And all that time you're also keeping up your regrowth hot.

Quote Originally Posted by spaycez
    no your wrong its not better than regrowth and regrowth is not better than nourish
    i'm wrong? i didn't claim anything that you can say i'm wrong for. obviously we're talking about whether or not regrowth is better for nourish for doing the job nourish was intended for

its a fast(er) heal, still lackluster as it wont benefit from any glyphs out there or druid synergies.
    i have read that with the 4 set bonus of T7 its still leaving druids saying " really is that all", but ill find out as soon as i get my helm

but none the less, its a quick heal that heals for about 5k base
    good for a rogue where a hot would seem pointless, often i find my self using nourish to prevent the tank from dipping below 50% when a over zealous dps pulls, causing in burst aoe dps from the boss

when you say it dont benefit from any other druid synergies??? you mean like more healing when another druid hot is on them ? cause that seems very synergetic to me.

when you say it dont benefit from any other druid synergies??? you mean like more healing when another druid hot is on them ? cause that seems very synergetic to me.
    if i have my mechanics correct, it only gains the addition heal from 1 hot being on the target, that being said the t7 bonus is the exception.

what i was implying was that it simply will not gain from the TOL -25% mana cost or the +% co-efficient modifiers of of hots ect. basically it wont benefit from anything until 4 piece t7.

Nourish is an amazing spell.

I got my 4p set bonus and saw my nourish hit for a consistent 5.5 to 5.8k with all hots up on the tank.

I use the regrowth glyph and honestly regrowth is a better heal but what people are failing to realize is that when you calculate the actual healing it does you take into account the hot as well, well if the tank is taking burst dmg and there is the very real possibility that your hots wont cut it and instead or removing regrowth from the target you turn to nourish a heal that is gonna give ya the same initial bang.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Crakkajack

Quote Originally Posted by crakajack
    I got my 4p set bonus and saw my nourish hit for a consistent 5.5 to 5.8k with all hots up on the tank.

I use the regrowth glyph and honestly regrowth is a better heal but what people are failing to realize is that when you calculate the actual healing it does you take into account the hot as well, well if the tank is taking burst dmg and there is the very real possibility that your hots wont cut it and instead or removing regrowth from the target you turn to nourish a heal that is gonna give ya the same initial bang.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Crakkajack
    Personally I think that once you get the 4 piece T7 bonus then Nourish starts being useful (I reckon if you have Rejuv, Regrowth and LB on the target, and he still needs more healing, then a WG + Nourish spam would be awesome). Until then though it just isn't good enough to use over glyphed Regrowth.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

Nourish is great and if you think its useles like in that "other " thread your bad L2p.
    But why not make it even more versitile, and let it get its bonus from wild growth as well? i mean i assume u get a 5% bonus with the 4 set but why not throw wild growth in with the spells regular ability???
    So basically you are saying: Nourish is great if you don't like it you suck and need to l2p, oh and by the way please buff nourish?
    This user has been permanently banned because the moderator doesn't like warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by ishy
    So basically you are saying: Nourish is great if you don't like it you suck and need to l2p, oh and by the way please buff nourish?
    No No No im just thinking logically here and seems blizzard thinks the same way nub.

Druid (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)
    Allow Wild Growth to count towards Nourish bonus
    Yeah, there is a good chance we'll do this. (Source)

No No No im just thinking logically here and seems blizzard thinks the same way nub.

Druid (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)
    Allow Wild Growth to count towards Nourish bonus
    Yeah, there is a good chance we'll do this. (Source)
    Your english skills, need to be leveled up.

WE understand that nourish is a good spell, but it has been proven (mathematicly even) that nourish is ONLY better than using regrowth IF you have 4 peice WITH hots. Having someone who can't type well and using bad english, telling us 'L2 play'; is just funny in my eyes.

The whole discussion was based around rotation and combo's to get most effective healing while using 'seed crits'.

We discussed that swiftmend, and regrowth, used in conjunction with 3x Lifebloom AND wild growth (in a 15 second window) are more than enough to keep a tank up, and nourish should be the last resort ONCE the hots are established.

You sir are just posting crap on your opinion without even reading the whole thread, or even UNDERSTANDING it.

Your thinking is not logical, its Bias, unto yourself!

Have a good day Scrub

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=29404.0

Just go there and read the entire thread. You'll see there are 2 different types of thought. Ones that uses glyphed and talented HT like a nourish and those that use nourish.

There's also evidence that Regrowth and HT spam is better than nourish.

Believe what you want and use the ability if you want. Some people like it very much and some people regrowth in it's place.

Either way, it's either useless or useful to you... depending on how you look at it and what you spec.

I personally like it (having 4/5 T7) and use it frequently. I don't think there needs to be another huge thread about whether it's useful or not.