Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Upcoming Class Change Highlights (Part 1), Blue posts

# Hunger for Blood – instead of a self-buff, this ability can only be used when there is a bleed effect on the target. However, it has no stacks and grants a 15% damage bonus.

Do people have a hard time understanding english? Why is everyone screaming "nerf"?

This is the old HfB:
    # Enrages you, increasing all damage caused by 3%. If used while a Bleed effect is afflicting you, it will attempt to remove it and refund 15 energy. This effect can be stacked up to 3 times. Lasts 30 sec.

Ergo, when stacked 3 times, it gives you a 9% dmg increase. Now they made it so that it only works with a bleed effect (opening with a Garrote, then Rupture) and it gives a 15% dmg increase (which is 6% more dmg!!). In addition to that, you dont need to stack it 3 times, meaning that IF you fuck up your rotation, you dont have to spend 90 energy to get it back up (assuming they dont change the energy cost).
    Impossible is NOTHING!

Divine Spirit – this spell is now a core ability available to all priests.

Hope they do something about imp. DS then.

Penance – this spell can now be targeted on the priest.

Think it's fun that they buff dicipline that is a working specc for pvp, quite a lot.
    While they seem to have so much trouble improving shadow that doesn't work in any way, at all. Unless they are announcing more changes to shadow pvp later.

I think shadow priest should have gained that thing hunters got, they deserved it more. The hax ability that makes you reflect all spells and dodge every melee attack for 5 sec. But I guess, if it would have been shadow priests that would have gained that ability, they wouldnt have been able to cast spells during the duration

No but please, tell me there is more :-\
    Watch my NEW SPRIEST/MAGE 2700 rated arena movie s8
    http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=164387
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Watch my first Priest/Mage 2500rated arena movie s7
    http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=137765
    - Lightdoom

Re: Upcoming Class Change Highlights (Part 1)

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnôs
    These changes won't fix Shadowpriests at all.
    Our damage is still too low and Dispersion is broken (on GCD and doesn't reduce damage for the first half second).
    We're a hybrid class you fool. Let the pure DPS classes do what they're supposed to do and be happy you bring something to the raid.
    Horrible.

stop teasing the locks

Thanks for the Shaman Buffs its nice and about time. Nothing to extreme because any good geared/spec'd/brain powered nhance sham can pull 4.5-5k dps on a boss like patchwerk, but it is nice to see some love.

What im really looking foward to is nhance PVP buff!!!

damnit blizz stop building up suspense by releasing it in parts QQ its like watching your baby come out in 3 parts

fix charge!

Btw, I'd also like to remind everyone of a post from our friendly crab at blizzard

5) We are going to be announcing some of our plans for classes in 3.1 fairly soon. The announcements will be prominent. They will not be comprehensive. We are not going to announce every change we are going to make. We are going to risk giving you some insight into a work in progress, even though we may ultimately decide not to make some of the changes. You guys can help me remind other players of that when they get angry because we didn't deliver a change that they were "promised."
    Patch changes quote from: Tigole
    --Many class changes. You won't like the ones made to your own class but you'll think the changes made to the 9 other classes are all overpowered.

Hopefully the reason there is a delay is they're tirelessly working on the Warlock changes, somehow I highly doubt that.

I don't really get the point of the Rogue-Changes, I guess there must be something else coming up in the next time, I guess hfb can't be casted in stealth before a boss now, I hope the "it has no stacks"-thing is not just for the players who are not able to play the assasination rotation, so that it makes not such a dps loss if you drop it.

Anyway I thought that Blizzard tried to get Rogues used to wear Daggers with Wotlk, but know it looks like they want us to make a step back...

regards Gorion

PS: Plz buff all dps classes more in order to get rogues to the same lvl of dps where they should at least be ... I mean ... SENSE?

Quote Originally Posted by illusin
    This link provides me with the following information that I will qualify by saying I removed Thaddius from the data, as it skews (overemphasizes) differences. (Loatheb can probably be removed as well, but the values change too slightly to bother). % Difference is the % difference from the cumulative mean dps. Source data is the measure of average of top 50 reports, and thus most likely does not include the most recent rounds of nerfs (warriors, hunters), but would include buffs (mages).

Class Mean % Difference
    Warrior 4,520 6.42%
    Mage 4,498 5.90%
    Hunter 4,424 4.15%
    Warlock 4,401 3.62%
    Death Knight 4,363 2.71%
    Shaman 4,211 -0.87%
    Paladin 4,094 -3.62%
    Rogue 4,060 -4.42%
    Priest 3,959 -6.79%
    Druid 3,946 -7.10%
    Mean 4,247

What is worth taking from this? Assuming the goal is for the pure dps classes to be 5% higher than hybrids, Mage, Hunter, Warlock dps is properly higher than most. Warrior dps is far too high and will probably be nerfed further. Death Knight DPS is too close to pure dps, Paladins a bit low. Rogue dps is far too low for a pure class, while Priest and Druid dps is junk even for a hybrid (and will subsequently be buffed). Correcting for the stupidity of the Instructor fight by setting priest dps equal to the mean dps of the other class, however, places Priest dps at a similar level to Paladins (slightly low at 4,086 and -4.06%) and higher than Rogues.

For comparison's sake, the cumulative mean dps of the ranged classes (mage, hunter, priest, warlock) is 4,321 while the cumulative mean dps of the melee classes (rogues, warriors, death knights, paladins) is 4,259. Shamans and druids are excluded, as they cannot be determined if ranged or melee (although a brief glance at the pages indicate that enhance is outdamaging elemental, and balance outdamages feral routinely). The fights seem balanced in terms of ranged versus melee damage for most classes.

This is hardly a detailed statistical analysis, but 2am is a bit too late for me to open Stata.

TLDR SHORTCUT: Buff rogues and druids heavily, priests and paladins slightly. Nerf death knights slightly, warriors heavily.

Warlocks

* We deciced to remove the class from the game. All 70 to 80 Warlocks are going to have the choice to roll an other class of their own choice.

ES got nerfed, WHAT A SHOCKER !!!!!
    And yes, MM is very competetiv (not). Screw you Blizz

I see alot of nice buffs for the classes show, but why do i got this dark, scary feeling that hunters are getting anal probed yet again...cant say im looking forward to the announcement...

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Reemix
    We're a hybrid class you fool. Let the pure DPS classes do what they're supposed to do and be happy you bring something to the raid.
    Horrible.
    LULWOT? Horrible.

SPs are fine in PVE, but need MAJOR changes in PVP to be able to PVP as anything else than disc spec.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Wow, that priest stuff is insane.
    Imo we're (disc priests) allready OP.. and now this thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguissa

If yu play resto drood and you feel you need a buff, go find some skill "D
    Funny you would say that considering you can just stand around in a raid and spam 2 buttons for infinit times. Pally healers telling other healers to get skilll, give me a break

edit: As for the priest changes I am excited just too bad I am shadow atm. Our shadow surviviability wont really rise just because we get magic damage reduction, our biggest problem is we dont have enough cc to actually kill melee. Atleast good that we can cast penance on ourself now!

Time to dust off my signature, which is again very up-to-date.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)

Ghostcrawler: Death knights are the only current Hero class, which means they are supposed to be the best class in the game.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ajaxthegreat

[...]

Class Mean % Difference
    Warrior 4,520 6.42%
    Mage 4,498 5.90%
    Hunter 4,424 4.15%
    Warlock 4,401 3.62%
    Death Knight 4,363 2.71%
    Shaman 4,211 -0.87%
    Paladin 4,094 -3.62%
    Rogue 4,060 -4.42%
    Priest 3,959 -6.79%
    Druid 3,946 -7.10%
    Mean 4,247

What is worth taking from this? Assuming the goal is for the pure dps classes to be 5% higher than hybrids, Mage, Hunter, Warlock dps is properly higher than most. Warrior dps is far too high and will probably be nerfed further. Death Knight DPS is too close to pure dps, Paladins a bit low. Rogue dps is far too low for a pure class, while Priest and Druid dps is junk even for a hybrid (and will subsequently be buffed). Correcting for the stupidity of the Instructor fight by setting priest dps equal to the mean dps of the other class, however, places Priest dps at a similar level to Paladins (slightly low at 4,086 and -4.06%) and higher than Rogues.

[...]

This is hardly a detailed statistical analysis, but 2am is a bit too late for me to open Stata.

TLDR SHORTCUT: Buff rogues and druids heavily, priests and paladins slightly. Nerf death knights slightly, warriors heavily.
    I'm sorry, but this analysis is extremely flawed.

Clearly the problem is that hybrids are exactly this: Hybrids, thus, there is a high chance that some %-age of the class in the stats was either Tank or Healer, doing significantly less dmg but being averaged in.

That's why Priest/Druid are so low. You very rarely have more than 1 or max 2 dps druids/priests in raidgroups, but very often have 2-4 heal priests/druids or tank druids.

That's why Paladins are only relatively low, because if you factor out the holy's and prot's, ret's are doing far too much dmg in Naxx (undead etc.)

That's probably also why the DKs are so low (which was surprising to me at first), because there are a fair share of DK tanks.

The only real issue I see is the rogue one.

TLDR SHORTCUT: Don't trust any statistics that you haven't falsified yourself

the shadow priest changes are NOT going to help with our biggest issues. 15% dmg reduction vs mages and warlocks is very welcome but it wont be enough to stop mages. Any remotely decent mage dominates a shadow priest with ease.

The change to dispersion has got to be a joke. I pray it will not work like fade which allows the priest to be snared again immediately....

Oh blizzard, tell me more shadow buffs are on the way!

Great please Buff rogues even more ???

Hunter rollercoaster is getting ridiculous.