Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best gear to get as a ret paladin

So ive been looking around for a while for a plan for the best gear to aim for as a ret paladin. I have the ability to get pretty much all the items in the game but i cant not figure out whats the best... yes I know this is something i should probably know but i don't.

Ive look around and the only example i have seen so far or at least on this forums is http://www.warcrafter.net/sandbox/126033 So if anyone knows of others or knows the best place to go to could you please let me know.

Re: Best gear to get as a ret paladin

You have access to every single item in the game, yet not the skill the determine which actually benefits your class the most, and how it would work together the best.

Such is World of Casualcraft...

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Get Rawr! its a really good tool for determining the best type of gear for you. The only thing I don't like about it is the way it handles gems, but other than that its very user friendly, it can import your gear from the armory, and it's interface is very well laid out. Also, it works :P

Use it.
    Solaron of <Old Guard>, Tichondrius US

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by holyfist
    this site is bad..its to give you a push in the good direction. not to select the best gear from.

Rawr is a good program to get better gear. it looks to the gear you have now and adds in the best

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Also Rawr! doesn't support Librams yet, and some of the trinkets (namely Darkmoon Card: Greatness) don't have their procs calculated properly.
    Solaron of <Old Guard>, Tichondrius US

Quote Originally Posted by holyfist
    Maxdps is perhaps the most inaccurate site to ever claim to be accurate. Check elitist jerks for spreadsheets instead.

P.S. Why does it seem that ret paladins and dual wield death knights are always making new threads on hit cap, suggested gear, suggested rotations etc. Flavor of the month, no?

Maxdps makes me want to kill the creator's and idiots who use it.

It is HORRIBLE. The only good thing that Maxdps does is tell you where items lie, and lays out a list. NEVER use it to determain what piece of gear to use unless of course you have done the math, and theroycrafting behind it all yourself.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sprite
    So ive been looking around for a while for a plan for the best gear to aim for as a ret paladin. I have the ability to get pretty much all the items in the game but i cant not figure out whats the best... yes I know this is something i should probably know but i don't.

Ive look around and the only example i have seen so far or at least on this forums is http://www.warcrafter.net/sandbox/126033 So if anyone knows of others or knows the best place to go to could you please let me know.
    Dude, are you a rogue or something? why you put agility on your char? there is a blue cape better than that, also the Circle of Death from Sapphiron is better from the Sudge nudle ring. Also The bracers of the tytan are better than those you putted, and from my opinion, an Armageddon is better than the betreyer, and the obsildian greathelm is a minior upgrade from the titanstreel helmet...

Quote Originally Posted by DruidFTW
    You have access to every single item in the game, yet not the skill the determine which actually benefits your class the most, and how it would work together the best.

15+ Year Old Account

i made a topic for beginning ret's

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=38638.0

Quote Originally Posted by Verteidiger
    Dude, are you a rogue or something? why you put agility on your char? there is a blue cape better than that, also the Circle of Death from Sapphiron is better from the Sudge nudle ring. Also The bracers of the tytan are better than those you putted, and from my opinion, an Armageddon is better than the betreyer, and the obsildian greathelm is a minior upgrade from the titanstreel helmet...
    Wrong!!! Cape, bracers, Rings are ok....so is the Betrayer...

Aim for gear with strength, crit, expertise and hit. Haste comes after those in priority.
    [/url]

15+ Year Old Account

this made me lol.

if you are serious then you...well then you suck

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by DruidFTW

go stroke your E-peen somewhere else.

Anyway, aside from the random douchebags I find that the MMO-champion forums are actually really helpful when it comes to looking at which gear to get.

just remember to put STR before other stats, keep yourself hit capped at 8% and ignore armor penetration..

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    go stroke your E-peen somewhere else.

Anyway, aside from the random douchebags I find that the MMO-champion forums are actually really helpful when it comes to looking at which gear to get.

just remember to put STR before other stats, keep yourself hit capped at 8% and ignore armor penetration..
    currently the best retpala-dpslegs have tons o armor penetration on them 8>

legplates of double strikes!

but in the end you should in any case go for 4/5 t7,5 because the setbonus tops all other items you could put in those slots!

Well i have a question like right now im wearing 5/5 tier 7 and i was kinda wondering if theres one specifically i should replace with a best in slot cause im sure there is something better.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprite
    Well i have a question like right now im wearing 5/5 tier 7 and i was kinda wondering if theres one specifically i should replace with a best in slot cause im sure there is something better.
    Replace your helmet with the crafted BS helmet or the obsidian helmet.

Chestguard of the recluse is a good chest replacement.

honestly the obsidian great helm is a bigger upgrade than all the other BIS items for other slots.

The frosted adroit handguards are decent for the hands slot.

So are we saying that Obsidian is the BIS item to get over the other BIS items for teir slots?

the Circle of Death from Sapphiron is better from the Sudge nudle ring.
    i lol'd