Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Another Photoshopped T8

Quote Originally Posted by Soad0488

So you want turle shells
    No offense but to be quite honest I do not like it, it does not work.
    /sigh. It's not a model, It's a quick concept sketch. I didn't have a model to pose it on, nor did I feel like spending a great deal of time on it. Most shoulder art has a decisively turtle shell look to them anyways. I mean, no offense taken, considering I spent the better part of 15 minutes putting it together, but what exactly doesn't work?

Quote Originally Posted by Skivoh

The letters on the shoulders are greek.
    Quick concept sketch, just needed some symbols. Grabbed the Symbols Font. :

Also, one of the definitions of "Greek" is "Meaningless symbols, designed to look like printed copy, that are drawn on a rough layout to show the size of the copy and where it will actually go when the layout is complete."...

.. and I wasn't even trying to be ironic.
    - Renowned expert in the field of Paladinery -
    - & Author of -
    The Highly Acclaimed "Reinvention" Threads
    North Lordaeron - Stratholme
    - Angor Coast-

It is certainly a great improvement of the PTR one but still it's not quite my thing.

Good stuff. I really hate our ptr helm/belt/boots

It's like they gave up after they made the shoulders and just put some plate armor on the rest of our body.

Then you go over to the hunters and dk's suit, and you see they actually have design on the body pieces that are worth looking at.

Your model at least helps the belt look and the helm with the flame introduced, which is an improvement.

I also wonder if you have hair with this new helm, will it nullify that and make you bald.

/jealous

Matee, great set of armor, you know how to bring out the pally in all of us the cloude is an awesome idea IMO!

Quote Originally Posted by infection
    Good stuff. I really hate our ptr helm/belt/boots

It's like they gave up after they made the shoulders and just put some plate armor on the rest of our body.

Then you go over to the hunters and dk's suit, and you see they actually have design on the body pieces that are worth looking at.

Your model at least helps the belt look and the helm with the flame introduced, which is an improvement.

I also wonder if you have hair with this new helm, will it nullify that and make you bald.
    Note that this is not a model, its just made in photoshop.

Quote Originally Posted by Amplified
    So this is how I wish it would have ended up instead. more closer to the concept art armor instead of that "thing" we got now.

Enjoy.
    It looks great.

The only thing I dont really like is the holy fire bubbling up out of the helm. Replace that with some cool glowy eyes and normal head/hair and you've got a 100% winner in my book.

There are rumors circulating (even around people who work there) that the designer meant for the lower part to be a neck piece, and the upper part a face guard (as in, it would cover the nose and mouth - hence why it's so low in the artwork) and the "flame candle" glyph looking thing would be centered in the middle of the toons head.

The story goes that the modelers didn't get it, raised the whole thing up and made the lower part a huge face guard and a forehead cover (which makes no sense if you think about it), hence why it looks so gimpy.

Like this:

Not this:

The lower piece is definitely a gorget in the concept art, a traditional armor piece that covers he neck/throat area.

I would imagine they sort his out by the time 3.1 ships...but then again this is Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by fungusmonkey
    There are rumors circulating (even around people who work there) that the designer meant for the lower part to be a neck piece, and the upper part a face guard (as in, it would cover the nose and mouth - hence why it's so low in the artwork) and the "flame candle" glyph looking thing would be centered in the middle of the toons head.

The story goes that the modelers didn't get it, raised the whole thing up and made the lower part a huge face guard and a forehead cover (which makes no sense if you think about it), hence why it looks so gimpy.
    In the concept art, the top part it actually looks almost the same as the current helm. The concept art is from the front though, and in that picture it looks like the helm covers the entire of the head inside. You can't see the side view to see the side of the helm, because the person didn't draw one from the side.. The modellers seem to have added the peak of the helm over the head, but not added a helm, which is why it looks weird.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

The kilt looks great, however, this doesn't fix the fact that there are two penises (or is it peni?) on the armor.

Who really cares about the whole penis thing, I mean heck you are going to have a tabarb on and know is really going to care cause there are other class's T8 that has things on it they cant hide, like druids. seriously forget the whole penis thing.