Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Which addons are necessary as a holy priest at 80?

Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Necessary? None.

Useful? Grid + Clique.
    Agree. I would add healbot to this. Addons like Grid+Clique or Healbot dramatically increase your reaction time.

Deleted

I use xperl and deadly boss mods, I'd say at least deadly boss mods is required for raiding, you can pretty much set up a raidframe using default ui, but I find the xperl one more attractive.

for healing I have mouseover keybinded heals.

Quote Originally Posted by iebe
    I use xperl and deadly boss mods, I'd say at least deadly boss mods is required for raiding, you can pretty much set up a raidframe using default ui, but I find the xperl one more attractive.
    DBM has quite less bars than Big Wigs, like the Flame Breath CD on Sartharion, or the Marks+Holy Fire possible cast on 4H, and many more, all not customizable on DBM.

Personally I go with:

BigWigs (like the person before me said, more info than DBM)
    PitBull 4 (still in beta, but probably the most customizable unit frames ever)
    Clique (click-casting for my lovely PitBull frames)
    Quartz (cast bar)
    Bartender4 (for my buttons)

This is everything that I would say I "require". Normally I also have
    Recount (damage/healing/fail meters),
    Autobar (mass amount of things organized into a tiny space),
    Fubar (for performance/guild/money/friends/whatever you want) and
    Prat (a chat mod so your screen is super easy to read)

Thanks for all the great replies! I currently use most of the ones suggested, but I will download PowerAuras today and fiddle with it.

The main clutter on my screen is the X-perl group members bars on the left, which I need to disable since I now use GRID. I have a 22" widescreen set at max resolution, but the screen still seems "full" which I want to avoid, I will post a SS when I get home from work to see if there are any suggestions to a re-design. I think I have too many action bars filled with DPS/random priest stuff that I rarely use.

Showing on my screen I have the chat window, action bars x3, GRID, Recount, SCT/SCT Damage, X-perl and Titanpanel.

I play Windowed mode - maximized (so I can still see the Windows taskbar).

The only addons I needed in TBC were:
    -Grid for a Raid Frames (not clique),
    -Trinity 2.0 for a bar-mod (even bindings directly from my spellbook or macro page? Yush pl0x)
    And
    -Quartz for all the stopcasting spam I did for Greater Healz.

Out of every addon out there, the only one I still can't live without is quartz.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti

-Quartz for all the stopcasting spam I did for Greater Healz.
    Right now I use a bad method to stopcasting spam GHeal/Flashheal... I move the character... can anyone recommend me a better way to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by steve80
    Right now I use a bad method to stopcasting spam GHeal/Flashheal... I move the character... can anyone recommend me a better way to do this?
    Macro this:

/stopcast
    /cast Greater Heal
    The second that your Global Cooldown is over (you only spend one per actual cast landing, starting over does not reset GCD), you're free to spam that to victory, only letting it fall when needed.

Flash, on the other hand, is a little more difficult because it's cast time is the Global.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted

Thanks for all the great replies! I currently use most of the ones suggested, but I will download PowerAuras today and fiddle with it.

The main clutter on my screen is the X-perl group members bars on the left, which I need to disable since I now use GRID. I have a 22" widescreen set at max resolution, but the screen still seems "full" which I want to avoid, I will post a SS when I get home from work to see if there are any suggestions to a re-design. I think I have too many action bars filled with DPS/random priest stuff that I rarely use.

Showing on my screen I have the chat window, action bars x3, GRID, Recount, SCT/SCT Damage, X-perl and Titanpanel.

I play Windowed mode - maximized (so I can still see the Windows taskbar).

I'm not sure about the group itself when in a normal group, but you can turn of the groupbox when in a raid, and you can also turn off raidboxes when in a raid.

Grid is the killer addon for healers, I swear by it. quartz is also essential imo. the mouseover macros are great too and I find using these work better for me than adding yet another addon like Clique. Tbh I use my mouse for movement and keybindings for spells.

The better way is:
    No Holy Priest should be assigned to Tank healing to force you to cast/stopcast the GH, because usually stopcasting the GH is only used in that situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart
    The better way is:
    No Holy Priest should be assigned to Tank healing to force you to cast/stopcast the GH, because usually stopcasting the GH is only used in that situations.
    Though not THE BEST tank healer, a Holy Priest is perfectly capable of main tank healing. Perfectly capable, even if a Discipline Priest and/or Holy Paladin are a bit better suited for the job. As long as the holy priest isn't fail.

As for the Addons, some kind of raidframes would be extremely helpful for raid healing, especially one that uses colored borders to show diseases and magic debuffs. Alternately, you could use Decursive for diseases and magic debuffs. Tank healing would be fine with that, but if you're raid healing, sense a priest has a lot to keep up with, I'd even advise you check out Healbot or something similar. It's not for everyone, and some healers pride themselves in not using it. I'm perfectly capable of healing my raids just with raid frames, but Healbot can help, especially if you're new to healing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

As a recent convert, I would add the healing frames add-on VuhDo to my personal list of essentials. It's an excellent alternative to HealBot or Grid/Clique.

Other than that, Deadly Boss Mods and Power Auras are my other necessary addons.