Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Mace Spec VS Axe Spec Arms 3.1

Quote Originally Posted by Wericia
    The guy who made some "math" totally forgot about impale, meta gems and deep wounds.
    He simplified to compare which spec is better.

Good post. I'd spec whichever weapon I have at the moment.

I'm pretty sure ArP is going to be really nice to get rid of those anoying DKs and pallies, so I think I will spec maces, if I find a good one.

I would guess from the numbers I've been testing on the PTR that there are 2 ways for an Arms warrior to gear and gem at the moment, stacking Ap/Crit or stacking ArP with ArP one pulling away the more you stack to 100%.

At this point I would say that Mace is going to be the spec of choice until you reach 100% ArP with Grim Toll, and then Axe would pull ahead with Grim Toll.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warrior=&version=9767

I came up with that spec for arms pve. Ive always been a diehard fan of fury but im thinkin its time to go arms for pve.

Unless someone can fix my rage starve problems

oops guess the talents dont wanna show up on the page +(

If the post about ghostcrawler is read the way I did it, then you can't achive abow something arund 75% armor penetration.

So if you have 60% armor penetration and chose between Axe and Mace, then mace is the clear choice, then after that just focus critt rating in you gear.

If you have low armor penetration then you should go for critt and str, that increase the dmg of your other abilities, I have something around 43% critt, and in raids I get 48% + agility totem and kings.

Going abow 50% is a total waste, and from what I'v heard abow 33% is wasted stats aswel, just that it's more of a "soft cap".

Since the first % of armor penetration is worth null, then going for axe specc is the proper choice, once you get some armor pen, it's value increase, the closer you get to cap the better.

So it's a mater of choice, I'm using Axe anyway, and I have 46% armor pen, + 49 additional % once I get Grim Toll proc.

Blizzard fullfill their promisses, yes they do!
    It just takes them one and a half expansion. So expect this to happen in a near future, somewhere around expansion 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalynfein
    Mate yes it's only a chance to prov extra swing but you could say you only have 5% extra to proc a crit. Sword has the benefit than an extra swing does double damage ina way resilence doesn't effect it.

But the cooldown on the the sword proc kinda blows and you don't see many arms warriors with it anymore. Still wonder why blizzard can't see they made swords unwanted.
    5% chance to get an extra swing

5% crit + 40% crit= 45% chance to get a crit

if you need to know which one is more likely to happen you need to go back to school.

I'm not a dps by any means nor have I ever played dps but correct me if I'm wrong. Isn't the mace armor pen ignoring an additive bonus? Like it stacks additively with the arms stance bonus and armor pen from other sources. Like stated in the armor pen worth stacking thread, it would be 15% from mace spec + 20% from arms stance + whatever you get from gear?

It seems like that would be a better choice then axe especially since in my pre-ulduar gear I'm already at the amount of crit people tell me I should start focusing on str/ap and all that instead of crit or anything else.... I don't dps at all but I did collect a full dps set...

Quote Originally Posted by slimj091
    5% chance to get an extra swing

if you need to know which one is more likely to happen you need to go back to school.
    You didnt include the sword crit:

5% chance to get an extra swing + 40% crit = 40% crit and a 5% chance to sword proc