Thread: Post Your UI

Toyed around with stuf frames this morning on my way towards my ideal UI:

Next on the docket -- finding texture/border art which fades diagonally (as I can seem to do it w/ kgpanels) and nameplates.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2010-11-20 at 08:04 PM.

Sitting in IF:

Raid:
    3930K . RIVE . 2x 7970 . Cosmos II . AX1200 . 3x Dell U2312hm
    Computer Setup / DH / huntard

Addons:
    SpartanUI
    Recount
    Omen

That's pretty much it.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2010-11-21 at 07:47 AM.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity

I use the standard game UI, not a noob have seen others, but some of those look really clean and wide open, I like em.
    My question is that some of them show almost zero tool bars, I have EVERY damn slot taken nd would miss anything I removed, how do you do it? I'd go nuts without all my stuff available.

Also if anyone has one setup that is a paladin, ret, I'd love to see what you use.

Current UI while idle in Dal. Working on finding a better map addon to replace sexy map though.

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2010-11-21 at 07:47 AM.
    "Imagine coming across a mentally disabled person who was not only drunk, high, but had a full frontal lobotomy leaving little to no intelligence left in their body.

He would be NORMAL, compared to me."

Quote Originally Posted by madyaks View Post
    I use the standard game UI, not a noob have seen others, but some of those look really clean and wide open, I like em.
    My question is that some of them show almost zero tool bars, I have EVERY damn slot taken nd would miss anything I removed, how do you do it? I'd go nuts without all my stuff available.

Also if anyone has one setup that is a paladin, ret, I'd love to see what you use.
    That is down to the ability of a player to keybind abilities and use them from memory.
    A decent mouse will help a huge amount with that, with the likes of Razer Naga, Roccat Kone, Logitech mx518 proving I understand to be popular choices.

Deleted

Cataclysm themed UI I've been tinkering on for a day or so. All the art is taken from the official Cata website. Probably not the most streamlined or optimized of UIs, but it's eye candy I'm looking forward to taking into Cataclysm.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2010-11-21 at 10:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyScout View Post

Cataclysm themed UI I've been tinkering on for a day or so. All the art is taken from the official Cata website. Probably not the most streamlined or optimized of UIs, but it's eye candy I'm looking forward to taking into Cataclysm.

Wow that looks nice, wish i could do stuff like that
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2010-11-21 at 10:06 PM.

Experimenting with parchment textures and metal borders. I'm not happy with my statusbar texture at the moment, it's very sloppy, once I clean it up and make the cutaway sections sharper and more crisp I'm going to incorperate the texture into Tidy Plates: Clean Plates and remove the plate border.

WIP so no action shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.

My shamans current UI, I have needtoknow toggled on so you know what sits between my grid/guild chat and under my targets frame. Grid fills that space from Player to Target frame and all the way to the bottom of the screen in a 25 man.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristie View Post
    Sitting in IF:

Raid:
    Nice one. I really dig this.

Edit: I have to know tho, what is the 35% and the 2 other percentages in the middle of your UI?
    Last edited by mmoc7722091d43; 2010-11-21 at 10:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post

Edit: I have to know tho, what is the 35% and the 2 other percentages in the middle of your UI?
    The 35 is clearly his focus. Not certain about the percentages.

Final Version

Idle in dalaran, all blizzard windows are skinned. Finished it just last night, after deciding I needed a big UI overhaul since I was changing to my priest for Cata and not my enhance shaman.
    Izzirogue of Tyrannosaurus Rekt - Hyjal | @izzirez

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post

Ooh a compliment from Led++

The 35 is my current focus(StayFocused!) and the top % is my current damage coefficient while the bottom is the coefficient of my current Serpent Sting on the target so I know when to recast it, i.e. when 2pc T10 procs.
    3930K . RIVE . 2x 7970 . Cosmos II . AX1200 . 3x Dell U2312hm
    Computer Setup / DH / huntard

Finished up my latest incarnation--at least for the most part. I think the only thing I have left to do is sort out nameplates. Anyway...I worked to try and get panel textures that I wanted. And my limited means made it more difficult than it had to be.

Raid/"PvP Mode":

Casting/"PvE Mode":

would love feedback

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

modified version of toeeliee UI kinda changed a bit works with my other toons as well
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2010-11-23 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ84 View Post

modified version of toeeliee UI kinda changed a bit works with my other toons as well
    A couple of things I noticed:

For the love of Thrall man, change your settings in MSBT. Those fat letters are just obnoxious, and you probably have way more information than you need scrolling by.

Secondly, you need to try and use the same font for all your addons. Your raid frames, micro menu, top-bar text, damage meter, unit frames, and threat meter are all different fonts.

It would also appear you've got a couple redundancies... most obvious being you have 2 nameplates up (how you managed that is beyond me), but also your buffs appear both on your unit frame as well as at the top. You could free up some space by eliminating one or the other.

Just my $0.02.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    1.True what u said it might need a little more work on MSBT,ill reduce or prob remove some of em since the information that showing is not that necesarry tx.
    2.The fonts r originally from the UI compilations that i got(the chat channel,Omen my raidframes,micro menu etc) the only changes that i made was Shadowedunitframes and MSBT,but it works for me ;p
    3.yea im using Forte to track my debuffs and also Tidy debuff<- this one in particular is so i know that my debuffs spread when i use pestilence on my frost dps and Forte to track my target only
    But anyway ty for putting out some stuff that i could improve on :P

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2010-11-28 at 08:46 AM.

There's a couple things that have been altered slightly and I'll list them after the pics. Overall, though, this is the current state of my UI.

Resolution is 1920x1200. Running with dual monitors so I have my WoW client on my main monitor with Fullscreen Windowed. The taskbar for windows is on the second monitor.

---Out of Combat, no target.

---Combat, group.

Bar 1 (B1) is always visible. For some of my characters, I have B1 swap with B5 with a macro.
    B2 and B3 are hidden unless something is targeted.
    B3 pages to B7 with Shift (I keep my buffs, hearthstone and "goofy/fun" macros on this bar)
    B4 is on the left under the carbonite map and shows up when Shift is pressed. (I keep professions and lesser used items on this bar)
    B10 is in the same place as B4 and shows up with ctrl+alt. Mount macro and other random keybinds that I use often outside combat are on this bar.
    Menu Bar is on the right and hidden unless moused over. (might change this to a modifier, though)

Unit frames are hidden unless targeting something, in combat or less than full HP/MP.
    Pet frame is to the left of the ToT.
    Pet target is under the Pet frame.
    Focus is under ToT.
    Raid shows up from left to right where the Party unit frames are (the party frame is hidden while in a raid)

Buffs at top left, debuffs at top right (just left of the minimap).
    Omen has been replaced with Skada's threat window.
    ForteXorcist keeps track of CDs.
    PowerAuras keeps track of various things and almost always is somewhere near the center of the screen without being obtrusive.

I highly doubt I'll upload this. It's still in a constant state of tweaking and change since I'm still finding little things that I hadn't thought of before that I'm not quite happy with.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2010-11-24 at 06:52 AM.