Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Unwarrented Engi Nerf :(

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor
    i'm inscripter, and don't want to reroll that. why eng have sprint but inscripting not? i want some too...
    my profession gives me nothing but shoulder enchant for pvp (same amount of spd i can take from other professions btw)
    stop crying about enginering, you have fireworks, and your googles is good when you dont have top hat
    you have good gloves enchant, you have saper charges or whanever, x-ray googles, and many many things. why people roll eng only for that crappy rocket and nitro i dunno =\
    It is fun but so subpar to other professions in terms of stats. How many times has this been stated?

As a scribe you make a load of money, so don't you even dare to compare. It costs more to make bikes and choppers than to sell them.

I have a feeling blizzard in the future will disable all racials in arena matches
    And everyone will play the same class... to make it FAIR. *spit

it was op. deal with it

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Quote Originally Posted by Mysmere
    it was op. deal with it
    Explain how going superfast is overpowered.

I guess we should nerf sprint/dash and blink, too?

Rainlights - 120 Blood Elf Monk (US-Illidan Horde)

This is just bogus because they already nerfed it once. RIP Rocket Boots I liked you ???

Quote Originally Posted by Asrai
    Explain how going superfast is overpowered.

I guess we should nerf sprint/dash and blink, too?
    it was required for high end pvp. anything required is op.
    its also basically a second sprint /dash that isn't based on class balance. do you want everone to have a sprint? course not............

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species

its also basically a second sprint /dash that isn't based on class balance. do you want everone to have a sprint? course not............
    No. It was in no way required for high end PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Prm
    All this because of stupid arenas. Just remove them from game and make rated bgs instead.
    arena is the best part of the game. removing it would make the game quite boring for a lot of people, BG's are just sloppy we outnumber you at this flag so we win it games alot of times. I do however think that removing the use of anything proffesion from arena would be a good thing for balance. There were no professions on the arena tournament server and it was a good thing. Also I dont see how rated BG's will work, get rating based on what? flag caps? then everyone will fight over them. kills? then no one will cap flags. The actual strategies, CC, snares, LOS, peeling, timing, DR's, etc etc are all lost in BG's because there is always someone either on your side or the other jumping into battles that are happening constantly imbalancing the fight moreso than any issue in the arena. BG's can be a fun grind...but it is a grind, arena is the addictive fun part of the game that actually requires skill, knowledge, and really decides (besides OP FOTM class's) who is really good and who is not. A system which proves skill lvl in a BG seems impossible to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Viscule
    No. It was in no way required for high end PvP.
    says the man who has clearly not checked sk gaming

15+ Year Old Account

If you leveled Engineering just for arenas then that was a complete waste of gold. To rely on something as small as a speed boost to win probably means "ur doin it wrong" in the first place.

If you leveled Engineering for fun then you should still have fun with it. Bombs are a nice little bonus fun and little quirks are nice repair bots and the random mailbox is fun.

If you leveled Engineering for use then you still have use. IE bullets or arrows for your hunter, goggles that are op for leveling and nice to keep around if you can't seem to win any new helms. Guns are nice for 80 too.

Engineering is not useless if you look at the profession as a whole with pve, pvp, use, and other. Yeah the Ogre in Ulduar made bots a little useless for ulduar but they are still nice if your whole guild hasn't just wiped and only one or two people need to repair real quick or need to sell something. They are still helpful in other raids as well. Yeah the wepons, and goggles will be replaced as will all gear.... titansteel weapons anyone? If you are going to base the shelf value of engineering on pvp alone then you are doing it for the wrong reasons. Stop making a diverse game into a black and white one.

not relying, enhancing.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Wartide
    I leveled it to 405 just as the goggle nerf came out.

Now this. T_T

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/9660/engilol.jpg

I made this when goggles got nerfed.

I looked at it again today.
    We don't care.

And unwarrented?
    Anything is warrented, you just have to suck it up...

Warranted nerf is warranted.
    Look at almost every team above 2200-2250. They all have engineering.
    You weren't getting glad this season without it

I hope they input it back.. Or make it balance easier

I love my boots while doing General Vezax.

If a 2 sec sprint is the only key to be successful in competative arena, isn´t there something else besides engineering that is wrong?
    To only be able to survive some classes burst using the NBs and therefore making it a "requirement" in arena doesn´t seem like it´s the proffession that is OP. The fact that it is needed to survive against classes tells me something else is OP.
    and for the guys who didnt read the latest hmm about 5? retpaladin changes, they arent fotm anymore since long, fotm right now is warlock and priest obviously...

So its not usable in arena, is it still usable in BG's?

So if NBs should be removed from arena because it is "required" as you say, shouldn´t medallion trinkets and resilience be removed aswell?
    and for the guys who didnt read the latest hmm about 5? retpaladin changes, they arent fotm anymore since long, fotm right now is warlock and priest obviously...

Quote Originally Posted by Gahno
    So if NBs should be removed from arena because it is "required" as you say, shouldn´t medallion trinkets and resilience be removed aswell?
    those are easily accessible by anyone. engi was dif.

I don't see the problem with Nitro Boots, I mean seriously, your getting an entire profession for ONE enchant, that works every 3 minutes, and lasts 2 seconds, it wasnt hard to counter, and many classes have some sort of gap closer, all it did for priests anyway was get 1 second of relief and heal.

If you get engineering you give up some stat boost from another profession, JC gives you amazing buffs for pvp, allowing you to socket whatever gems you want, because you dont have a meta gem to activate, Enchanting you get a nice stat boost on rings, and the list goes on.

I would be happy if blizzard just gave engineering a stat boost like every other profession, because right now, its pretty worthless in all aspects of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by tjanson
    I said this before in another thread, but yeah. Engineers DID really get screwed, as did all of the people who were forced to reroll engineering to stay competitive. I considered it myself several times, but I saw this coming ever since they changed their minds, AGAIN about letting rocket boots be usable in arenas.

Honestly Blizzard fails so hard in this area it's not even funny. The complete lack of warning, and the fact that this is the second time they've made this decision... I would be furious if I were a long time engineer, but you cannot argue that Nitro boots belong in arena. I'm sorry, but it's just too damn overpowered, and as Sage Faux said, the mass rerolls just prove it.

What needs to happen with engineering is the stat bonuses given need to match the other crafting professions. And the other ones are pretty well balanced overall, although I'd give JC the edge.

What I could see Blizzard doing is to make Nitro boot enhancement give you a passive speed increase, higher than the ones available to everyone. Maybe a 12-15% increase? That would make engineering still appealing(unless you're a ret paladin or feral druid, but I kinda doubt there were a ton of feral druid engineers) but it wouldn't be that game changing speed boost that it is now.
    OH guess what i am "one" of those people that rerolled engineering because of the competetion between rogues, FUCK U BLIZZARD AND EVERYTHING U STAND FOR U OWN ME 4 FUCKING K GOLD, GG

you know what will be funnier than this shit ass moment right now? when i reroll engineering for jc and have that nerfed, plz tell me something constant blizzard or start paying my money and i don't mean gold. u guys are a bunch of bullshit a 2 sec thing did shit, and stealth detection only helped rogue v. rogue nothing else, and a 1.5k hit is nothing .... why nerf it honestly!!