Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Moonkin tier 8 stil has spirit why?

great example of this are regen stats. By regen stats I mean MP5 and Spirit.
    We put MP5 on caster mail because Resto shamans use it. We don't put it on the Elemental tier set because Resto shamans won't use that

qouted from ghostcrawler...
    Now why the hell does balance set still have regen stats on it??

(would appreicate if someone could question gc about this on the us forums as im from the eu :<)

Re: Moonkin tier 8 stil has spirit why?

check patch notes? even if its not worth stacking up still, spirit was buffed for boomkins.

Yes it was buffed but the point is its a VERY poor stat which is almost worthless and eats up a very simlar ilvl budget as crit which we are lacking at the moment

Oomkins

WBT Medium9 or quae rant.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomchicken
    Yes it was buffed but the point is its a VERY poor stat which is almost worthless and eats up a very simlar ilvl budget as crit which we are lacking at the moment
    With the spell boost from spirt and regains i like spirt myself and i have 20% crit and still top charts so im not to worried about the lack of crit i simply stack haste.

*was here too!*
    *French guy inside*
    *please forgive my poor english*

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Boomchicken
    Now why the hell does balance set still have regen stats on it??
    Improved Moonkin Form Rank 3
    Your Moonkin Aura also causes affected targets to gain 3% haste and you to gain 30% of your spirit as additional spell damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

+haste + spirit

what else you going to put in all those blue slots :S

15+ Year Old Account

Spirit got buffed and is good on gear, as long as its itemized well with the other stats on the gear. Other stats are still more desirable though.
    "We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us." - Andrew Ryan

Next they should buff the amount of spell power we Shadow Priests get from Spirit!

I'm in yer class forumz, talking about things irrelevant to your class! muahahahaha!
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Yep, we only get 10% + 10% from glyph (on crit). Grats on 30% moonkins. :]

To people that don't understand the question:

Most items from ulduar have 5 stats on them. Caster items will pretty much always have stam, int and spell power. That leaves room for 2 of the following: hit, crit, haste, spirit, mp5.

-The hit cap is very easy to hit and any amount over the cap is 100% useless.

-Mana regen from mp5 and spirit is more or less useless (we can drop regen talents for minimal dps upgrades if we have a ton of regen stats).

-Haste is great but after 400 rating we are GCD and wrath capped when NG is up (which it is most of the time) so stacking it past 400 gives less benifit, especially for a solar rotation. Solar is more dps and also better for movement fights.

-Crit is great for us. If an item doesn't have crit as one of its 2 extra stats its probably not worth using. This is unless the 2 stats it has are contributing to the hit cap or haste soft cap.

-Spirit gives 30% as spell power. Spirit scales with kings but spell power costs less item points (19 spell power gem = 16 stat/rating gem) so 1 spirit yields about 0.28 item points worth of gain. This is the least desirable of the 5 extra stats besides hit once capped.

Spirit is bad for us. We wouldn't take much of it at all if we didn't have to, maybe a little for regen. The problem is in uludar we have to. Almost everything has spirit on it. This is because we have to share most items with classes that benefit from spirit more than us. We don't have to share tier gear. We have to use 4/5 for the set bonus.

I feel your pain, man. I'm also sad to see so much spirit gear dropping in Ulduar and knowing that everyone else makes better use of the stat, even moonkins.

Console yourselves that you're not at the bottom of the totem pole at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Yon
    Yep, we only get 10% + 10% from glyph (on crit). Grats on 30% moonkins. :]

You also depend on spirit for regen and get 10% more spirit from imp spirit tap.

If you want to make pointless cross class comparisons then grats on your dots critting.

Oh and on the topic our tier set has 216 with 4 pieces having spirit to your 155 spirit on only 3 pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by deneweth
    You also depend on spirit for regen and get 10% more spirit from imp spirit tap.
    Bah, don't bring imp. spirit tap into this, the benefits are miniscule. ~30% uptime of an extra ~16 spellpower. I guess I can't argue about the regen part, but if we have to put talent points to get spirit regen and you have to put talent points to get basically "free" regen, then it seems you still have the upper hand. Honestly I think I'd hardly have mana problems with 0 spirit on gear anyways.
    If you want to make pointless cross class comparisons then grats on your dots critting.
    Yeah, that's a fair point. I think your moonfire/insect swarm should crit too; but you already scale better with crit than shadowpriests regardless. Scale better with spirit too.
    Oh and on the topic our tier set has 216 with 4 pieces having spirit to your 155 spirit on only 3 pieces.
    Sad to hear it, mate. At least we have something going for us.

At this point you just sound like you're crying because every class has it better than you. Shadow is a viable spec and has nothing to do with moonkin itemization problems. Our dps was low and bliz acknowledged it with the increase to 30% of spirit change. I'm sorry that you don't get a candy bar just because the other kids have one.

I'm sorry you feel that the world is out to get you and that everyone else has it easy, but you can't really compare scalability on a stat per stat basis. Spirit gives you more regen and less damage than us but all your spells can crit where as our dots can't but we need crit for regen. I know the grass always looks greener but you need to refrain from trolling valid discussion of classes other than your own that you don't understand.

At this point you just sound like you're crying because every class has it better than you. Shadow is a viable spec and has nothing to do with moonkin itemization problems. Our dps was low and bliz acknowledged it with the increase to 30% of spirit change. I'm sorry that you don't get a candy bar just because the other kids have one.

I'm sorry you feel that the world is out to get you and that everyone else has it easy, but you can't really compare scalability on a stat per stat basis. Spirit gives you more regen and less damage than us but all your spells can crit where as our dots can't but we need crit for regen. I know the grass always looks greener but you need to refrain from trolling valid discussion of classes other than your own that you don't understand.
    Whoa there buddy, no need to resort to hostility. I was merely pointing out that some specs scale worse with spirit than you do because it seemed to me you were the one crying floods of tears. I agree spirit is a bad stat for druids, some of us have it worse though.

You seem to think we scale better with crit than balance druids too. Feel free to prove me wrong, but I don't think two noncritting dots outweigh the crit benefits you get via Nature's Grace (20% increased haste) and Eclipse. Shadowpriests get no benefits from crit above the double damage (imp.spirit tap is negligible).

While comparing class abilities directly is often futile, looking at scaling issues is actually pretty important. If you scale better than someone else with every single stat it's not very fair towards the end of content, is it? =)

@Medium9
    I wasn't suggesting you spec Intensity; not having to do it is actually just another perk you get. Imagine they removed the mana regen bonus from Moonkin form and thus forced you to spec Intensity, then you would be as badly off as shadowpriests are currently.

So in summary I want my moonkin brothers to do competitive damage and have spirit as a useful scaling stat; I was just pointing out that at least you aren't the worst ones off in regards to spirit.

For me the spirit based gear is quite good. ATM i have about 2360SP unbuffed ( moonkin form ) 440haste and 22% crit chance ( also moonkin form ) all with 3/5 25man set items.
    I still need to get crit rating gear and ill be ok. But yeah, spirit is good for moonkin, i think with 5/5 and some Ulduar 25man items u should have about 2500SP unbuffed, with 23-25% crit chance. So i dont really know why do you think spirit is bad for us?

Quote Originally Posted by Yon
    more trolling
    Just stop. No, really. We don't care. Seriously. You aren't contributing. All of your posts have been off topic trolling. No one is crying, I'm just calling you on your immature thinking and flawed logic. You and your class and it's itemization and scaling are completely irrelevant to this thread. I'm sorry you read this as hostile but this thread is about moonkin tier gear. It isn't about your personal issues, moonkin envy, or poor understanding of balance.

You are free to start your own massive QQ thread about how moonkins scale so much better and don't have to worry about mana. Just relax. Try to breathe. Show us on the doll where the moonkin touched you. Just make sure you keep your QQ post in the priest forums.

I'm going to stop feeding you now, so please go troll somewhere else.