Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: New fun chaos bolt!

Look, we understand that it isn't an English exam, and we understand that you might not be a native speaker. We aren't going to hop on you for a comma splice, or mixing up your and you're.
    A missing "h" in the word "which" is what started this particular discussion so I beg to disagree.

Even native English speakers make typos or spelling mistakes -
    Well my native language is English, and i can't speak any other language ... Imagine raiding, even raid leading in a langugae that isn't your own.
    So come on, why all the hate? You'd never call anyone out in a verbal discussion for lisping, stuttering or using a wrong word, and yet there's people on this forum who are rude and so eager to cuss others that it's really quite shocking. At least people are trying, so show some sort of flexibilty and understanding.

Oh and this:
    Logically the only language that would actually prove beneficial for native English speakers to learn would be Chinese, as (to my knowledge) it's the only language spoken more.. and to tell you the truth I'm not entierly sure how true that is these days
    is sad..

How about learning other languages for the sake of broadening your mind? Getting along better with local people in different countries when you travel, (swearing at your friends behind their backs) etc...?

Also I'm pretty sure I read somewhere (the economist i think) that children who grow up in bilingual homes are better at adpating to sudden shifts in situations, and also apparently they are less at risk of getting early alzheimers.

i speak 7 lenguage; chinese,japanese,franchais,italian,english,spanish,turkish.
    i'm studying english since last year and i haven't mastered it yet.

should i be blamed by some britty jerks for my grammar?

im not brit,i'm not supposed to speak/write it perfectly.
    who blames others for their grammar usually are british kids 14 years old or lower,frustrated because they got a 4 in spanish/franchais or whatever they are studying.

and the most important thing... posts like:

/quote/ dsfhjkdshfjks /quote/

kiddo: omg,fkng rtrd learn english

this is off topic spam.

(off topic end)

about CB i agree with the fix,but locks need a big buff for be competitive again

Quote Originally Posted by TankVX
    i speak 7 lenguage; chinese,japanese,franchais,italian,english,spanish,turkish.
    Français, or French.

o hy gs wts gn' 'n n' ds thr'd? sry l0l my vwlz r br0k l00l,
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowf0x
    math has nothing to do with a game that is based on RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabolous1
    Retarded, in 3.1 or something they buff the DMG for no reason (if i remember correctly), then make it so it doesnt go through absorption effects.. now we have another plain old casting direct damage spell. Boring.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?page=835
    Chaos Bolt: Damage increased approximately 15%.

Why buff the god damn damage and make it lose its unique effect, sooo hard for blizzard to balance around different types of spells/skills oh em geee ouch jinkies

Lightning Bolt weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    first off, chaos bolt hits for higher the lightning bolt. Second...not the same classes with same abilities.

third: l2 read fixes. It still goes thorugh absorbtion effects and resists (Pw:shield and CloS, be happy), it just doesn't ignore dmg reducing effects like shield wall, pain supression etc.

Which btw was never even the point of the spell. Blizard stated that it was never intended for it to go through dmg reducing effects, because it nevere even says so in the goddamntooltip. Seriously, read up before you whine like a spoiled child.

Oh and to those who say: "but oh the class has low representation, therefore it's ok to have a spell that's bugged for our good." NO it isn't. If a class that sucked major ass, had a 0,000001% on each spell to instantly kill the enemy, that would still be OP as hell. It's principle. before buffing a class you need to fix the spells that are bugged, because when you finally buff the spec, the spell is gonna get nerfed anyway.
    Meh

Quote Originally Posted by Templar
    I find spelling police the biggest idiots and WAY more annoying then people who can't spell.
    fixed

And ye i spell like crap also... But i do like ppl somehow expect every1 to be equal good.
    Everyone thinks their world is falling.. If they had a solid sense of perspective, they probably wouldn't be gamers.

Quote Originally Posted by Priear
    every1 to be equal good.

Don't you mean equally?
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowf0x
    math has nothing to do with a game that is based on RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by jontaxe

Secondly, we aren't grammar nazis. We are more like grammar Amsterdam Police Department. We will overlook a lot until you force us to say something (against our will) by just being over the top.

Third, if your post is immediately savaged by anal retentive grammar APD (Amsterdam Police Department) chances are that it was a post that would have been stupid even if it was perfect grammar. People are much more willing to let bad spelling slide if the post itself isn't worthless.

.... wat o.0
    APD..... i dont get this.
    You cant be dutch becouse then you would not be a grammar nazi.
    And if your not...... wat the hell do you know about the APD ???
    If you mean the brilliant epic "gedoge beleid"......thats just for softdrugs man >.>

Quote Originally Posted by dsswoosh
    Are you American by any chance?

Americans seem to have this in built "thing" in their system where everyone else has to be the same. It's really sad. You should respect and enjoy people that they have different cultures, not force a McDonalds into everyone's hometown, if you catch my drift.

For the most part, almost every post here is reasonably understandable. WoW is a game played by those from different nationalities. Get over yourself and accept it.
    And what about respect of *my*culture, dsswoosh? When I post on a French site, I write French. I’m going to use their language to the best of my ability because I came to them and need to honor their culture and tradition. This, however, isn’t what the language discussion in this thread is about. It isn’t about users posting in other languages, it’s about posters who know English and yet are too lazy to post coherently. In that case I think its offensive to other English speakers and shows a lack of concern for the point you are making because you couldn’t be bothered to run a spelling or grammar check on what you had written.

Quote Originally Posted by Eboncor
    And what about respect of *my*culture, dsswoosh? When I post on a French site, I write French. I’m going to use their language to the best of my ability because I came to them and need to honor their culture and tradition. This, however, isn’t what the language discussion in this thread is about. It isn’t about users posting in other languages, it’s about posters who know English and yet are too lazy to post coherently. In that case I think its offensive to other English speakers and shows a lack of concern for the point you are making because you couldn’t be bothered to run a spelling or grammar check on what you had written.

"some ppl never ever lern .... "

The whole reason this argument stgarted was because someone missed an "a" from learn.
    You really think the writer purposefully missed an "a" because of his lack of respect for this forum?

Seriously, this whole situation is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Xzatly
    Français, or French.
    S'il vous plaît!