Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Old Alterac Valley PICS

Encountering some scum who was attempting to steal our tower. That filthy human doesn't deserve to parade in such fine garments.

Next, we decided to muster a few men and gather enough supplies to summon the Riders. (Here's one lil druid helping out):

Success, we summoned them!:

They were slow as hell though, slower than my 60% my mount (atleast they made up for it by killing lots of Alliances):

I miss this epic battleground. It actually felt like a war with little skirmishes going around all over the map. I didn't really take a lot of action shots since I was mostly occupied with killing alliances. Not too good with the multi-tasking business.

My Hunter still carries around his Severed NELF head from back when they dropped in AV.
    FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Man, I really wish that I could have experienced this. So tired of all the "CAP TOWERS YOU NOOBS, STOP FIGHTING IN THE MIDDLE, RUSH VANNDAR". I want to fight in the middle and I want to explore AV. But it is impossible to do that in 10-30 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by det
    I love this pic, this was the orignial av with loads of NPCs, An Ice Troll camp with SF gy in front of it(players that were ressed at SF gy got insta killed by those trolls), furbolg camps and other Qs. That boss could drop epic too back then i believe. Good old AV with t2 looking like lvl 30 gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Somnio
    All the crap about "Blizz dun luv us" aside, both factions can still summon the giants, right?
    I would swear I saw the Alliance one being summonened last month...
    You can indeed still summon Ivus and the ice dude. Seen them at least a couple of times over the last 6 months or so and I haven't done that much AV.

man this seems like so much fun i hate that i didn't play old wow.
    i've been running alot of vanilla instances lately and everyone says "yeah wow was the shit back then"
    and speaking of the game not being that much fun anymore, trolling forums is alot more fun than wow now.

15+ Year Old Account

One of the biggest mistakes Blizzard has ever made. EVER.

Was changing AV.

Till this day old AV would be considered one of the best things in game.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

This thread brings back fond memories. :(
    I remember the dreaded patch that took out 90% of the NPC's. I never thought I would miss getting zerged down by dwarven NPC's.

I miss old and pre-bc in general. I gotta say the best part of the 4day long game was the Alliances choke point at the bridge right before Vann. Lot of one hit starfires I dished out then. And watching 3 orc warriors run in, pop recklesness and Whirlwind the fuck out of every1. Wish I still had my old computer with all the screenshots I had. And I sure as hell wish I knew how to work a video recording device back then.

Keep it up guys, keep posting =D Too bad i have no screenshots for you I usualy do Screenshots, share it with my friends and then delete them.

The thing about old AV was it actually felt like an ongoing struggle for dominance, not just... a 10 minute PvE-race.
    I loved it, even though I played alliance, and on my server, we were pretty much defending the bridge, as the Horde was alot better at PvP.
    "Like it's MY fault some BIG dragon knocked me into a cave full of LITTLE dragons!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperweight View Post
    The community didn't go down the shitter because of the LFG system, the LFG system just introduced you to the shitty community in a horribly effective way.

Quote Originally Posted by NathSB
    The thing about old AV was it actually felt like an ongoing struggle for dominance, not just... a 10 minute PvE-race.
    Couln't have said it better.

15+ Year Old Account

:'( :'( :'( dont have any old AV pics on this computer, only one i found was this pic of 10 druid wsg

Damn, that's a lot of Moonfire spam

I know this isn't Old AV but since we're talking about pre-bc BG's:

After the cross-realm battlegrounds we're launched I came across a wave of new individuals - lots of them fun and some others rather annoying. One of the most intimidating and difficult individuals that I remember trying to kill was this warrior. Decked out in (full?) Tier 3, with Elementium Reinforced Bulwark and Thunderfurry, back then this was basically a walking god. I don't think that this person died at all in this particular game, we lost handily.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

It's sad and unfortunate that I lost my previous computer a year or so back, I had over 4 GB's of screenshots from level on of the day of the release of the game to my guild first downed Nef.

Tis a very sad day that I cannot post any awesome pics in this thread.

I'm pretty sure when you summon the icelord or the other guy now they are just some small elemental looking guy, not the big ass dudes they once were. They need to release a straight up pvp expansion with oldschool av!! Goddamn I miss old av everytime I go there and the game last 7 min with the highest amount of kills being 2. God bless the icedbarbed spear.

Will post some pics when I get home from work! .

I do miss it alot but also we have to remember...like ppl have said...wasn't all that fun sitting in an av for 4-5h and not getting anywhere...

Quote Originally Posted by PeggBundy
    I'm pretty sure when you summon the icelord or the other guy now they are just some small elemental looking guy, not the big ass dudes they once were. They need to release a straight up pvp expansion with oldschool av!! Goddamn I miss old av everytime I go there and the game last 7 min with the highest amount of kills being 2. God bless the icedbarbed spear.
    Still get 1 or 2 Avs/day that the one with the most amount of hks are about ~200.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deos
    LOL Rogues with light bulbs.. WTF blizzard, that kinda makes so "much sense" for stealthy ninjas. Why dont you put neon strings there, ringbells all around and a spinning flashing police lighbulb projector on the head "weeeeu-weeeeu-weeeeu, rogue incoming!!", that would hit the nail srsly

Quote Originally Posted by PeggBundy
    The gods always start small, but they progressively get bigger and bigger (and stronger too I believe) depending on how many horde/alliance they kill. They turn into giants once they kill like 30 or 40 something enemies.

15+ Year Old Account

Remember when they first installed the honor system?

It was a great time to make peace with the enemy to enjoy every man's favorite outdoor hobby.

I was very rarely ever attacked while fishing, more often than not the enemy would join me in fishing.

Reddfoxx the Warrior | @ReddfoxxMX | SWTOR Sentinel Reddfoxx, Marauder Reddfox @ The Harbinger Server

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko
    One of the biggest mistakes Blizzard has ever made. EVER.

Was changing AV.

Till this day old AV would be considered one of the best things in game.
    It was the worst change i think i would of gone pvp over pve if AV was still like it was in old WoW
    Hey everyone