Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Patch 3.2 - Enter the Crusaders’ Coliseum, Recruitment

Update - We're recruiting, see below.

Patch 3.2 Raid - Enter the Crusaders’ Coliseum
    Originally Posted by Bornakk (Blue Tracker)
    In the next major content patch, the construction of the Crusaders’ Coliseum on the Argent Tournament grounds will be complete, and it will hold new challenges for players. We’d like to share some details on the new dungeon, which represents the next tier of content for the game, but keep in mind that this is still in development and subject to change. The Crusaders’ Coliseum will include:

• New epic 10- and 25-player raid dungeon with five encounters, with each encounter being unlocked one week at a time
    • A more intuitive structure for harder encounters. This raid dungeon will have four different versions: 10-player, 25-player, 10-player Heroic, and 25-player Heroic, with each one using a separate lockout.
    • Introduction of the Crusaders’ Tribute! Each of the Heroic mode instances has a new tribute system that will limit players on the number of attempts they get in the Coliseum each week to present a greater challenge for the most battle-hardened heroes. Additional rewards can be earned depending on the number of attempts left in the tribute run each week when the final boss is defeated.
    • New 5-player dungeon with three encounters that will include Champion’s Seals as each one is defeated
    • New tier of armor and weapons that are modeled with Alliance- or Horde-specific themes
    Recent In-Game Fixes - 06/17/09
    Originally Posted by Bornakk (Blue Tracker)

• Once the Yogg-Saron encounter is started players outside of Yogg-Saron's area will begin to go insane, after 15 seconds.
    MMO-Champion is now recruiting!
    MMO-Champion is recruiting, and this time for real. I'm looking for a few people (2 or 3 at most) to help updating the site and posting news.

• Decent English writing skills.
    • Autonomy, I won't be always around to tell you what to do. (I hate doing that)
    • Good knowledge of the game and its mechanics, knowing a few things on how the game works is also a plus. (WDB/DBC Files structures, etc ...)
    • Basic underestanding of HTML, you don't have to be a web genius (I'm not) but we'll have a problem in our hands if you can't edit my articles.

And before you ask, yes, this is potentially a paid position. We're not talking about thousands of dollars each month but there is no reason to not pay someone who is useful on the long run. It means that you won't get paid after just one week (except if you do a massive overhaul of everything on the site, maybe) but if you think you can totally steal my job for a few days/weeks every now and then I might have something for you.

If you want to apply, please
    HTML Code:
    [email="boubouille@mmo-champion.com?subject=[Application] MMO-Champion Writer"][b]send me a mail[/b][/email]
    with a few information about you, past experiences on other websites, etc ...

I also need two samples of your work :
    • A nice recap of all the Patch 3.2 information we already have. You can either choose to post everything in a single news or split it into multiple articles, your choice.
    • A short review of a popular add-on

Please do not apply if you can't provide the two samples articles, I usually end up with more than 100 mails as soon as I post a recruitment news and good applications are easily lost in the middle of the less interesting ones.

Also, I'm always open to offers from designers and developers who think they can add something nice to the site.

Re: Patch 3.2 Raid - Enter the Crusaders’ Coliseum

Good, I'm glad to see a raid included.

Deleted

I had been debating whether or not to continue playing over the summer as I start a job that interferes with raid times and into next year when I start my actual Honors studying. The information about this patch just made the prospect of quitting (at least my guild so I would not feel inclined to raid) a lot easier.

When can we expect some pics of the new gear??
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakosa View Post
    Welcome to how the game was always and is supposed to be played. Have fun not being able to be an autistic shit anymore.

this makes me happy i stoped playing wow before ulduar, what else they will come up after this..

5 bosses = what a pile of rubish.. wow.. 1 boss every week.. awesome 5 weeks.. extend it even more.. clearly prolonging and delaying is far better than actuall content.. heroic.. whats so heroic in it? will it even be harder? or just xx attempts.. if its harder and limited attempts , looks like another prolong.. if its not harder enough, everyone will 2 shot them after normal mode.. fail again

niiiiiice, so i get to do the same instance 4 times a week instead of them adding some variety

I'm satisfied. Still seems pretty cool.

They did not mention t9 so all those who came to qq about the coliseum having the t9. Don't. It will come with icecrown.
    This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

Nice move, one instance, 4 different versions...
    you do the normal mode to get equipment, first for yourself, then for alts, then only for badges* and after that you do the hard mode of the same bosses (or at least same instance) for achievements and mounts, and on odd days you do the same with a different number of players.

* I guess there will be a new kind of badges, and either this kind or the Champion's Seals will be used for the heirloom chests, or Seals will drop - maybe for 10man only, maybe 10 drops Conquests, and 25 drops Seals, if that, a lot, since you can get 35 per day already. Would be a toned-down version of the T6-content badge items back then.
    Ok probably not like I thought up here, but they will combine the the Coliseum and the Seals somehow...
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

I like how they have heroic version = harder raid

I dislike the lockout.

But at least they are trying to improve the raiding system.
    Would like to know the 10man heroic lvl of gear too.

So uhh separate lockout for hard modes, and each week is a random pick of 1 of 5 algalons?

Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh
    Damn Boubouille you're fast.
    I hear that a lot.

Haha Tribute Run returns... though not the way some hoped (rogues, no guaranteed spot :P)
    faction-specific tier gear sounds nice, but I'd rather see spec-specific gear, too. Not too great differences, just variations, e.g. stepping more into the three directions of the druid, instead of something generally nature-related.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

niiiiiice, so i get to do the same instance 4 times a week instead of them adding some variety
    This makes no sense. They've implemented an new raid instance and added 2 EXTRA heroic versions on top of the normal 10 and 25 man versions. No one will make you do all 4 versions each week if you don't want to - but you can't complain about a lack of variety when EXTRA things have been ADDED, otherwise it sounds like you'd expect them to implement 2 completely new raid instances in one patch?

[blue]New tier of armor and weapons that are modeled with Alliance- or Horde-specific themes[/blue]
    I like that a lot. Makes it feel like you are representing your faction instead of just feeling like a Mercenary Hero. Cant wait to see the new sets :P
    CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS RAIDERS! YYYYYAAAAAYYYYY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bathazar
    I'm satisfied. Still seems pretty cool.

They did not mention t9 so all those who came to qq about the coliseum having the t9. Don't. It will come with icecrown.
    It said NEXT TEIR, if it's not T9 then what the hell is it... T8.9? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Skilgannar
    This makes no sense. They've implemented an new raid instance and added 2 EXTRA heroic versions on top of the normal 10 and 25 man versions. No one will make you do all 4 versions each week if you don't want to - but you can't complain about a lack of variety when EXTRA things have been ADDED, otherwise it sounds like you'd expect them to implement 2 completely new raid instances in one patch?
    it's clearly an attempt to reuse things to do less work. I would be happy if they added some 1 shot instances like sarth/maly/ony/gruul/mag but they seem to feel the need to make a single really long instances now and then add different modes to it

Quote Originally Posted by bals
    it's clearly an attempt to reuse things to do less work. I would be happy if they added some 1 shot instances like sarth/maly/ony/gruul/mag but they seem to feel the need to make a single really long instances now and then add different modes to it
    rofl you think todays raids/instances are long??
    heard of BRD much?
    tard

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaze0zzy
    It said NEXT TEIR, if it's not T9 then what the hell is it... T8.9? lol
    They've done things like this before. Think AQ sets.
    "Our logic is actually pretty simple. If hybrid classes can do the same dps as pure classes, then why have pure classes in the game? So we design the pure classes to do slightly higher dps." -Ghostcrawler 3/22/2009
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=15864857264&pageNo=4&sid=1#66

Quote Originally Posted by Burori135
    I like that a lot. Makes it feel like you are representing your faction instead of just feeling like a Mercenary Hero. Cant wait to see the new sets :P
    Don't expect it to stick, though. The Argent Tournament is, while peaceful, still pronouncing the differences of the factions through, in a fantasy way, sport. Raiding Icecrown might include help from the AC and the EB, but even then, and for future raids again, the loot technically comes from the enemies you've killed, not from the organisator of the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh
    Quoting myself here.
    We're only on the second page and you feel the need to bump your spontaneous idea? I don't think they're gonna have different bosses for different modes, there might be random bosses, given the tournament setting, but the base bosses will be the same, while the encounter itself might vary a lot with difficulty (think Vezax, Deconstructor)

Quote Originally Posted by Huntass
    rofl you think todays raids/instances are long??
    heard of BRD much?
    tard
    thanks for your not important contribution