Thread: Quick question

Quick question

Just curious what all the other MAIN spec resto shamans are gemming for out there (25-ulduar, if it makes a difference, i'm not looking for help from fresh 80s starting heroics and naxx). I'm sure there's another post out there about this, but i'm mid ulduar right now and i don't feel like searching, so you'll just have to get over it.

I know spellpower is generally the choice for gems, but is there a point i should start gemming something else? currently i'm at 2511 self buffed i believe, that's without flametongue. Anyways thanks guys

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Quick question

main spec resto and you talk about flametongue? o.O SP is generally the trend, it's only fresh 80s that need int/mp5 to increase their mana pool.

flametongue totem, not weapon. i mention that so people know what kind of buffs i have (self or raid). earthliving for healing, obviously

I'm using SP in red, Haste in yellow, Haste/mp5 in blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Fen
    I'm using SP in red, Haste in yellow, Haste/mp5 in blue.
    Dont gem for haste gem for intell.

SP red
    SP & haste yellow
    Sp & MP5 Blue

imo

15+ Year Old Account

I'm currently gemmed for manareg since I still have big problems keeping my output up the longer the fight takes.

red -> sp/int
    yellow -> int
    blue -> int/mp5
    R.A.I.D - Resto at its destiny

There's no point to gem for haste until 3.2.

Just gem for spellpower, and then sub in int if you begin to have mana problems.

Quitting the fail that WoW has become when Aion comes out. No point to play hardcore when any idiot can have the same gear as you.

I don't have mana issues so Int isn't a big deal. SP is fine for me too. With the latency/FPS I have, haste is the better choice. Don't get me wrong, I used to gem for Int/SP, but I realized it wasn't what I needed.

I feel that once you get to a certain point, gemming becomes hugely personal. If people aren't dying from normal damage (unless there's bad RNG or they stand in fires) and you aren't running out of mana, it's up to you how to gem.

I gem SP and haste. I have an int gem here and there but it's a rare occasion I get below 50% mana on a fight. Altho I do think I should swap out a few gems for int to pickup some more crit, mine is pretty low at 22.52%

I gem for pure longevity, and I go oom during hardmodes everytime, even when I get 2 mana tides at 80% mana and 40%. You must not be doing hardmodes, or have over 3-6 healers if you don't have mana problems.

What benefit do you get from that haste? Lhw/riptide is cast more than chainheal on the majority of the fights.

Quitting the fail that WoW has become when Aion comes out. No point to play hardcore when any idiot can have the same gear as you.

It's quite simple.

If your goal is to have higher healing numbers, go for SP.
    If you are running out of mana, quit playing resto.
    If you want to be a healer that saves the day, go with haste.

Too bad you obviously don't know how resto shamans work.

We're the class that goes oom first on EVERY hardmode.

Haste isn't going to 'save the day'.. if you're chainhealing on just 2 targets this far into wotlk you should quit playing resto.

Yep, you're correct in the fact that we aren't doing hard modes. We usually run 3/6 healers, and we're still progressing since a few of our better geared guildies have taken a break from the game since 3.1. So for the content I'm currently experiencing, I'm happy with my stats.

If your goal is to top meters.. just gem for spellpower and get haste/crit and crit/mp5 gear. Avoid gemming for haste until 3.2.

Gemming for haste is only going to be viable on 20% of the fights in ulduar.

Actually, now that I think about it, the reason I'm gemming haste atm is because I still don't have my 4-piece T8. Once that happens I'll go to int.

Good plan

If you're not going oom, and you're not doing hardmodes, you could probably stay with haste if you wanted to save some gold, since 3.2 isn't that far away, and gemming for haste in my opinion will be ideal to make for the haste lost with tidal waves then.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Shamaholic
    If you want to be a healer that saves the day, go with haste.
    Nope. At least if your not MT Healer with a high use of HW, massive amounts of haste, don't make any sense (to me)

1) 50-75 won't make the difference in the current content
    2) Since LHW is already at GCD, which is also capped with the amount of haste on your gear, there is actual no benfit you gain from haste except CH. So if you don't spam CH about 80% of the time, I don't see any sense in gemming haste
    3) A healer that saves the day, will proably do this with RT+LHW in 99,9% of cases,...so where is the contribution from haste in this?

As Brokenmirror already mentioned, it's probably no big deal what your gemming for as long as you you don't do Hard Modes usually.
    R.A.I.D - Resto at its destiny