Thread: Warlock UIs

Page 64 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wapetufo View Post
    Im looking to set up my own UI for raiding. But since im a total noob at this I dont know where to start, so I was hoping to maybe get a few pointers :3 This is what i have at the moment: http://i.imgur.com/gkWsU.jpg
    Can't decide which mount to use? ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Wapetufo View Post
    Im looking to set up my own UI for raiding. But since im a total noob at this I dont know where to start, so I was hoping to maybe get a few pointers :3 This is what i have at the moment: http://i.imgur.com/gkWsU.jpg
    I can't give you any pointers as to what specifically do, but I'll use my own UI and explain what I'm doing.

The main goal of editing your UI is to make your gameplay easier. You want to hide unnesecarry information and bring the information you need to a centered spot where you can easily see it. Usually that is accomplished by putting important stuff to the middle of the screen. The important part is to make it easier for YOU, so if you for some reason find it easier having things at the side of your screen, by all means, go for it!

This is my UI, it is far from perfect with several flaws but most importantly it works for me:

I'll list the addons I'm using but all of them can be replaced by others that works just as well.

Unit Frames - Shadowed Unit Frames
    Myself and my target is in the middle where I can always see them.

Target's target is shown below the target similar to how my pet is below my own frame, I've made them smaller as they're not that important, but still I'm still interested in seeing my pet's health and sometimes also target's target for either assisting or to see who's beeing smacked.

I'm not often using my focus frame, but I've put it to the right with my own debuffs showing, it can be used for tracking your CC'ed target or to track multi dotting.

Action Bars - Bartender
    This is one of the aspects of my UI that I'm most annoyed with. The four action bars that's shown is my key bound buttons. I should hide this because I know them all and actually have no use of seeing them. However I'm an altoholic and I'm lazy, I'm using the very same UI for all my 11 characters of level 80+ and I don't remember my key binds on all of them, so I show them to have a quick reference to know what I should press on my less used characters.

In addition to the shown action bars, I have a couple of bars that's shown on mouseover with spells that don't need key binds.

Bar Timers - Deadly Boss Mods
    These are my boss timers, I have them shown near my character frame, with the most urgent timers popping up in the middle.

Icon Timers - Power Auras Classic
    These are my DoT timers short spell timers, centered in the middle of my screen where I can't miss them. This is where another of the flaws of my UI shows, I don't have any timers for my longer cooldowns other than the timers on my action bars.

Some people like to have these timers as bars, personally I prefer icons.

Cast Bars - Quartz
    My own cast bar is below my timers, target cast bar above them, closer to the middle making it easier to see when interrupts are needed. Having it in the middle isn't as important for PvE locks, but I have it there mostly for PvP and my other characters.

I rarely have to look at my focus target's casting, but I stuck the casting bar below the focus frame.

Threat Meter - Omen Threat Meter
    In my experience threat is not a problem, it's still good to know how your threat is, but since I have no threat problems I can tuck it away in the corner and rather take a closer look at it when the threat warnings pop up in the middle of the screen.

Damage Meter - Recount
    This information is nice to have but not needed in combat. I could have it completely hidden in combat, but I like to have it there for quick reference on how thing's going.

Name Plates - Tidy Plates with Threat Plates
    I've made Threat Plates lower the opacity of my non-targets and to show my most important debuffs on targets.

Raid Frames - Grid
    The raid frames aren't as important for locks as it is for healers and tanks, but it's still nice to know the general situation of your raid. I have my raid frames show a lot more information that what I need as a DPS, again because of other characters. This is what it looks like in larger groups:

That's about it for the most important aspects of your UI, I hope it may be of some help when you're configuring your own.

Some addons that weren't mentioned, but that I find useful or just nice to have: AtlasLoot, ButtonFacade_Shadow, Chatter, dMinimap, OmniCC, Pawn, SatrinaBuffFrame, TipTac.
    Last edited by Khadjid; 2011-01-09 at 04:30 AM.

Deleted
    Love the way you have you Iconed timers sat just above you cast bar, i use Dotimer bars atm but they do take up so much space especially if you have a second target up, Dotimer has a Icon option i think i will try using this out in my raid tonight

Also going to use Shadowed unit frames, i like the fact this dosent touch your raid frames, and looks alot cleaner than pitbull, would probably keep mine towards the top of the screen though just for the time being ease myself into change been using wow ui for so so long

Setting up Dotimers using Power Aura scares me alot...... I use it for telling me when my ISF is up and i have a countdown on it just too help me out,

---------- Post added 2011-01-10 at 02:34 PM ----------

How does Tellmewhen work for you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlunatic View Post
    How does Tellmewhen work for you?
    Even though you didn't ask me I can't let this opportunity to spread the word around for probably the best addon out there imo.

Tellmewhen does more or less everything you can imagine. I for example use it to show my CB, conflag, teleport, fear and shadowfury cooldown. I also use it to show all my dots on the target. The great thing about this option is that you can add several dots to each "square" of TMW.
    As an example you can add all curses to one square and all your bane's to another square since you can only have one of them applyed at the same time anyway.

Another great thing about TMW is the ability to show cc on yourself, your target, focus, pet, targets target or whatever. Great these days considering you actually use some cc in pve aswell. I have set up mine to show cc on my target and focus to keep track of any cc I might need.

Pairing this addon with OmniCC is just amazing.

And last but not least, using it to show your improves soulfire is quite awesome aswell

Deleted
    Anyway to make Quartz show your instant cast?

Anyway on Shadowunit frames to show your target health percentage?
    Last edited by mmoc1b0675d830; 2011-01-10 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlunatic View Post
    Anyway to make Quartz show your instant cast?

Anyway on Shadowunit frames to show your target health percentage?
    You cannot see your instants the same way you'd see a cast time spell, however Quartz has a GCD trigger that will show you a spark going from right-to-left (or opposite) whenever your GCD is triggered. The spark can be attached to the cast bar or moved freely. Options are found under "GCD" sub menu in the Quartz options.

To show target health percent:
    /suf → Unit Configuration → Target → Text/Tags → Choose where you want it displayed (probably Health text → Right text) → Check the "Percent HP" tick box

Quote Originally Posted by Crustysock View Post
    Made this one myself. Let me know what you think.
    I like it crusty, do you have a ss of your interface in a raid environment?

i cba to screenshot so gogo nefarian fraps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9S78B5nNXE

edit: also, give suggestions! always open to them.

Is there any addon out there that only adds the big debuffs (only mine) to the target icon?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aka00devon View Post
    Is there any addon out there that only adds the big debuffs (only mine) to the target icon?
    You can do that with SatrinaBuffFrame. A tad of configuration to get it right but it's doable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post

Icon Timers - Power Auras Classic
    These are my DoT timers short spell timers, centered in the middle of my screen where I can't miss them. This is where another of the flaws of my UI shows, I don't have any timers for my longer cooldowns other than the timers on my action bars.

Some people like to have these timers as bars, personally I prefer icons.
    Hi there. I like your UI, especially the timer part. I use Power Auras aswell, but only for tracking ISF properly, and i'm not capable to configure other nice things, so may i ask for your exported scripts? Either here, or in PM, i'd really appreciate it!

Thanks.

I use two auras for every spell I'm tracking, one when the buff/debuff is up and one when it's not.

Debuffs:
    Code:
    Version:4.9; target:true; icon:Spell_Fire_Immolation; buffname:Immolate/Unstable Affliction; x:20; groupany:false; bufftype:2; owntex:true; isResting:0; mine:true; inVehicle:0; size:0.14; y:-205; texmode:2; inverse:true; ismounted:0

Version:4.9; target:true; icon:Spell_Fire_Immolation; buffname:Immolate/Unstable Affliction; x:20; groupany:false; bufftype:2; alpha:0.35; owntex:true; isResting:0; mine:true; inVehicle:0; size:0.14; y:-205; texmode:2; ismounted:0; timer.HideLeadingZeros:true; timer.h:1.48; timer.Texture:Monofonto; timer.enabled:true; timer.cents:false; timer.Relative:CENTER; timer.Transparent:true
    Spell Cooldowns:
    Code:
    Version:4.9; target:true; icon:Ability_Warlock_Haunt; buffname:Haunt; x:-20; groupany:false; bufftype:7; owntex:true; isResting:0; inVehicle:0; spec1:false; combat:true; size:0.14; y:-245; texmode:2; ismounted:0

Version:4.9; target:true; icon:Ability_Warlock_Haunt; buffname:Haunt; x:-20; groupany:false; bufftype:7; alpha:0.35; owntex:true; isResting:0; inVehicle:0; spec1:false; combat:true; size:0.14; y:-245; texmode:2; inverse:true; ismounted:0; timer.HideLeadingZeros:true; timer.h:1.48; timer.Texture:Monofonto; timer.enabled:true; timer.cents:false; timer.Relative:CENTER; timer.Transparent:true
    Buffs:
    Code:
    Version:4.9; icon:Spell_Fire_Fireball02; buffname:Improved Soul Fire/Heroism/Time Warp/Ancient Hysteria/Power Infusion; x:60; isAlive:0; owntex:true; isResting:0; inVehicle:0; combat:true; size:0.14; y:-245; texmode:2; inverse:true; ismounted:0; finish:2

Version:4.9; icon:Spell_Fire_Fireball02; buffname:Improved Soul Fire/Power Infusion/Heroism/Time Warp/Ancient Hysteria; x:60; isAlive:0; alpha:0.35; owntex:true; isResting:0; inVehicle:0; size:0.14; y:-245; texmode:2; ismounted:0; finish:2; timer.HideLeadingZeros:true; timer.h:1.48; timer.Texture:Monofonto; timer.enabled:true; timer.cents:false; timer.Relative:CENTER; timer.Transparent:true; timer.Seconds99:true
    My advice is that you can import them and look at what their doing and figure out what each option does, after that try to make them from scratch by yourself. PA can be a very powerful tool once you understand how it works.

Deleted
    That's mine.
    In the first place, i had oUf_phanx or something as unit frame, but I love the HP-pools and colors of xperl more.

Oh, don't get to shiny on my bar on the right.

Im looking for the best Dot/CD timer.. which one is it?? there are so many, I tested Dottimer but that was like the messiest addon i've ever tried to configure... NeedToKnow was nice, but a little bit to simple and does not really "track" timer, more like starting them..

Deleted
    Configuring dot-timed addons is a trick, and usually just takes a bit of time to figure out how it works. I'd say try ForteX, but it's just aswell a pain to configure, imo.

Deleted
    custom UIs are cool and all, but I still prefer the default UI, it's simple and it gives you all (or almost all, but for this reason I won't change the UI, just implement some addon) the information you need to know, I always prefered a clean screen, I need to see what actually happens out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracken56 View Post
    custom UIs are cool and all, but I still prefer the default UI, it's simple and it gives you all (or almost all, but for this reason I won't change the UI, just implement some addon) the information you need to know, I always prefered a clean screen, I need to see what actually happens out there.
    Using addons actually gives you a clean screen. Imo blizz default UI has too much shit I don't need to see in raids - it's more questing orientated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocet View Post
    Using addons actually gives you a clean screen. Imo blizz default UI has too much shit I don't need to see in raids - it's more questing orientated.
    well i've got my UI scale reduced a lot so.. yea.. i wasn't talking as a raid point of view either, as i usually pvp

drainsoul timer

just specced aff and was wondering what addons you guys use to track your drain soul ticks.

i was thinking drainsoultimer but are there any other alternatives?

Quote Originally Posted by bamtonio View Post
    just specced aff and was wondering what addons you guys use to track your drain soul ticks.

i was thinking drainsoultimer but are there any other alternatives?
    Quartz - curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/quartz.aspx