Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Hey could you help me please? :D

Forte Xorcist is great for Grace, PW:S and PoM watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanduby
    The 12 secs part is giving people the energy, rage, mana etc. That effect can only happen once every 12 sec on any given player.
    When your Power Word: Shield is completely absorbed or dispelled you are instantly energized with 2.5% of your total mana, and you have a 100% chance to energize your shielded target with 2% total mana, 8 rage, 16 energy or 32 runic power. This effect can only occur once every 12 sec.
    I see nothing about the part about energizing others being the one limited to 12 seconds. It's the whole thing that's limited to 12 seconds, you won't get mana back from 10 shields if they get destroyed by some bosses' aoe ability. You get mana back from only one.

I also tested it today, I got mana back from 1 shield only.

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    When your Power Word: Shield is completely absorbed or dispelled you are instantly energized with 2.5% of your total mana, you ALSO have a 100% chance to energize your shielded target with 2% total mana, 8 rage, 16 energy or 32 runic power. This effect can only occur once every 12 sec.
    If i've got up many shields and they break at the same time my UI will spam +(how ever much mana) x3 (or however many have broke.)

I don't know why you added that "ALSO" there but you are wrong, you can get mana back only once every 12 seconds from 1 shield.

Hey guys, thanks for all of your comments, as for now I did my first naxx pug, it went ok but we all now pugs sucks so we killed like 7 bosses, I have few questions about raiding on overall:
    Most of the fights I was just over healing the tank, is it normal?
    and 1 more, Whats harder 10 or 25 raids? since on 10 there are like 2-3 healers and when everybody get raid damage then I really don't know what to do, if i'll heal others the tank will die or I don't know.. for example I am afraid to go to voa 10 because of the chain lightning :P and yeah, 1 more thing could you give me some useful macros? Thanks again =]
    -Dennis.

Shielding your life since 2007 yo

Quote Originally Posted by dennisd
    Hey guys, thanks for all of your comments, as for now I did my first naxx pug, it went ok but we all now pugs sucks so we killed like 7 bosses, I have few questions about raiding on overall:
    Most of the fights I was just over healing the tank, is it normal?
    and 1 more, Whats harder 10 or 25 raids? since on 10 there are like 2-3 healers and when everybody get raid damage then I really don't know what to do, if i'll heal others the tank will die or I don't know.. for example I am afraid to go to voa 10 because of the chain lightning :P and yeah, 1 more thing could you give me some useful macros? Thanks again =]
    -Dennis.
    If a huge chunk of your gross healing is overhealing, that means you should have time to throw shields/heals somewhere else. What other classes did you have? Did you assign healing roles?

Without further info I can only speculate, but prolly what was happening was most of the healers were just healing the tank. Next time you do a raid, have assignments. Paladins and Disco Priests are the strongest tank healers. However, Disco Priests have far more raid healing tools than Paladins. So if you have you and a Paladin, have him heal the tank and you heal the raid. If, however, you are paired with a holy priest, druid, or shaman, have them heal the raid and you tank heal. If the tank is topped off and isnt taking much damage, like I said on my first post, feel free to throw shields/FH on the raid.

Many consider the 10man T7 content (at appropriate, starter 80 gear level OFC) harder than 25man. That has changed in T8... 25man is without question more difficult in Ulduar.

Macros depend on how you heal. If you use grid+clique/healbot, you will have less macros. Here are a few:

Divine Hymn+Inner Focus Macro
    -------------------------------
    #showtooltip Divine Hymn
    /cast Inner Focus
    /cast Divine Hymn

Use this macro whenever you cast DH. Always.

Shackle Undead Focus Macro
    ------------------------
    #showtooltip Shackle Undead
    /clearfocus [modifier:alt][target=focus,dead][target=focus,help][target=focus,noexists]
    /focus [target=focus,noexists]
    /cast [target=focus]Shackle Undead

Use this to shackle. It will make your target the focus so you can be free to target other things while keeping your CC target focused. If it breaks, just press the button again.

Mind Control Left Click/Right Click Macro
    -----------------------------------------
    #showtooltip Mind Control
    /focus [target=focus,noexists]
    /cast [nobtn:2,target=focus]Mind Control
    /stopmacro [nobtn:2]
    /script PetDismiss()
    /cast Fade
    /target focus
    /clearfocus
    /stopmacro [nogroup]
    /s Mind Control Released!

This is a great macro for Instructor Raz. Left clicking will focus your target and mind control it. Right clicking will drop your mind control, cast fade to drop aggro, clear your focus while still having your MC target targeted. So, basically:

(1) Left click to MC.
    (2) Right click to drop MC.
    (3) Left click to MC again.
    (4) Repeat 1-3.

There are other macros out there, but it would take way to long a post to put up them all.

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    I see nothing about the part about energizing others being the one limited to 12 seconds. It's the whole thing that's limited to 12 seconds, you won't get mana back from 10 shields if they get destroyed by some bosses' aoe ability. You get mana back from only one.

I also tested it today, I got mana back from 1 shield only.

I disagree. When I shield up many people prior to large chunks of incoming raid damage, I get mana back from every shield. I do see the wording on the tooltip not explaining it in that way though - but I know that I get mana back from many shields breaking simultaneously.

I'll do a test again when I can, I tried it in pvp and it didn't work. Wording is really messy, and wowhead people are also biased about if it works that you get mana back from each shield or not.

You get mack mana from every shield only if they break simultanioulsy.

AoE burst that destroys all shields at exactly the same time works. AoE dmg >> absorb amount eg. Kologarn
    ^good
    ---------
    v bad
    AoE DoT that may destroy shields with slight time offset (whyever) will only reenegize you from one shield eg. Saph

AoE burst that does less dmg than your shields absorb may also cause a timeoffset between shield bvreaks and will only give you enegize form one shield
    Welcome to the Internet, where the men are men, the women are men, the children are police officers, everyone is correct all of the time, even when they're wrong, and where opinions are more valid the more insults and swear words you include with them.

I have to agree with the sentiment of using click-healing over mouse-over macros. I use on the order of 20 different keybinds for my click-healing, and even if I used the same number of keys on my keyboard as I do on my mouse, that's still 5 easily accessible hot keys gone. It does take some getting used to; I think it took me a couple weeks to regain my former efficiency when I switched to Healbot in early BC, but I quickly got better.

Besides Healbot and Grid/Clique, I would also recommend VuhDo which is what I'm using now. It provides the same all-in-one simplicity of Healbot, while having virtually the same level of configurability as an add-on like Grid. Beyond that, the developer is very active and is very quick to add requested features and fix bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Varon
    You get mack mana from every shield only if they break simultanioulsy.

AoE burst that destroys all shields at exactly the same time works. AoE dmg >> absorb amount eg. Kologarn
    ^good
    ---------
    v bad
    AoE DoT that may destroy shields with slight time offset (whyever) will only reenegize you from one shield eg. Saph

AoE burst that does less dmg than your shields absorb may also cause a timeoffset between shield bvreaks and will only give you enegize form one shield
    Thumbs up for clearing this up. Seems both were wrong and right.

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-
    ]
    You first have to disable the "Smart Heal" function on healbot, or it will do stupid things all the time. Second, you must set your click bindings for the heals you use most often. This is my click binding set up:

Left Click: FH
    Middle Click: Renew
    Right Click: GH

Shift+Left Click: ProM
    Shift+Middle Click: Pennance
    Shift+Right Click: PW:S

Ctrl+Left Click: BH
    Ctrl+Middle Click: PoH
    Ctrl+Right Click: PS

Alt+ Left Click: AD
    Alt+ Right Click: Dispel Magic

This is my set up because it has been my set up for years. I don't even know why I have GH even bound to Right Click... 'cept that its always been there. There is no trick to it... just bind things that will be useful and become so comfortable with it that you no longer think about what each click combo is.

There isn't really a benchmark for SP, rather, you need to first make sure that you'll never oom on a fight, and then from there, increase your SP. If your using your spells well enough, your SP should be good as long as your tackling content that your gear can support (ie- don't jump into Ulduar25 in blues and expect to keep the tank up with ease).
    Great advice btw, Im actually considering turning my back on the dark side briefly for a bit of a change of pace as a disc pve healer.

How's the website comming along?

healbot is a fail addon(as is any piece of software that tries to conglomerate multiple workflows in one package) , because it's click casting and raid frames are all the same addon it wil lfail you when you try to reconnect to the game after having been disconnected during combat.

Make sure you have mouseover macros, because your raid frames wont be there when you log back in and combat is still in progress.

Quote Originally Posted by smee
    healbot is a fail addon(as is any piece of software that tries to conglomerate multiple workflows in one package) , because it's click casting and raid frames are all the same addon it wil lfail you when you try to reconnect to the game after having been disconnected during combat.

Make sure you have mouseover macros, because your raid frames wont be there when you log back in and combat is still in progress.
    If you have consistant problems with disconnecting during combat, you have bigger problems than multiple workflows. Too many fights in Ulduar require movement often. I would fix your connection issues before abandoning it. I have had this happen on rare occasions, but I always keep backup raidframes I can pull up on emergency. To say how rare... I'd say maybe twice over the last year.

Quote Originally Posted by redderz
    Great advice btw, Im actually considering turning my back on the dark side briefly for a bit of a change of pace as a disc pve healer.

How's the website comming along?
    Its going slow. A lot of writing. I'm going to start with a very basic layout because I'd rather get the info out first, then tinker with the graphics.