Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Tier 9, TCG Changes, PTR Build 10192

people already buy tcg stuff and sell for gold , its not like it will really change next patch. just wont be as many scammers.
    its not like people will actually be selling rocket mounts and spectral tigers :/

Is T9 i232 better than T8.5?

Even if they were completely done testing 3.2 today they would not release the patch next week. Blizzard has already said that 3.2 = s7 and that they are giving a week notice for when s6 will finish.

Yes, we've all heard that the Trophy of the Crusade is necessary for the ilvl245 Tier9 and that it drops in some Coliseum formats, but HOW? Is it a low % boss drop, one of each for everyone, random trash drop, etc?

Stood in the Fire andy_mitchelluk's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Hmm. I can see some problems with the TCG mount BoU idea.

Before people who were working and had an income could buy the mount code from eBay or just buy shed-loads of card packs in hope of the code.

With this change it'll fall in to the hands of auction players who are rolling around with stupid amounts of gold.

Personally I think they should have left it as it was and spent their time clamping down on the scammers.
    Also, if anyone is stupid enough to even be scammed by what was going on they deserved it tbh.

And now when someone does have the code, they will have both 60% and 100% mounts available to sell.
    So that will now mean we have to buy both. Why not make them like Headless Horseman's mount that auto switches based on trained mount skill.

I don't know about anyone else but it seems like another "easy way out" rather than spending time doing something about the scammers in the first place.

*edit* Oh, and bring out the in-game economy unbalance with this as well.
    Way to legalise gold buying.

15+ Year Old Account

Atleast the priest set look decent

Quote Originally Posted by QuestionMayn
    Even if they were completely done testing 3.2 today they would not release the patch next week. Blizzard has already said that 3.2 = s7 and that they are giving a week notice for when s6 will finish.
    They don't need to start the new season right when they release. Wasn't that the same with 3.1? I don't remember s6 starting right when it released
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

Quote Originally Posted by treston323
    They don't need to start the new season right when they release. Wasn't that the same with 3.1? I don't remember s6 starting right when it released
    It didn't start when it was released, it ended.

Quote Originally Posted by andy_mitchelluk
    With this change it'll fall in to the hands of auction players who are rolling around with stupid amounts of gold.
    ...and?

Way to legalise gold buying.
    ...and?
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Blizzard never said "3.2 = s7". You fail to realize why they did tend to start new season with new big patches - from day 1 you had the option to go hard mode and get hard mode weapons, which could be considered OP in PvP and result in a lot of QQing (as if we aren't seeing that all the time).

However in patch 3.2 you won't be able to do any hard mode whatsoever for 4 to 5 weeks (still a bit unclear whether you can start hard modes in week 4 or week 5). One boss becomes available every week, and until you kill Anub (week 4) you can't go into hard mode Coliseum.

Thus, your claim (cause, again, Blizzard never said it) that "3.2 = s7" is quite wrong
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)

Ghostcrawler: Death knights are the only current Hero class, which means they are supposed to be the best class in the game.

The tier 9 set bonuses SUCK.

Any chance I can keep my tier 8 gear and just have it scaled to match the t9? >

Gold cap
    (2^31)/10000 = 214,748.3648 Gold <- Will not vary [without major software architecture changes].

Spectral Tiger Loot Card
    According to eBay...for this calculation, I'll use US$1,000. <- Very variable.

214,748.3648G / $1,000 = 214 Gold per dollar.

I won't advertise the gold sellers, but prices I obtained for Executus - Alliance from two different sources:
    80,000G for $ 613.18 = 130 Gold per dollar.
    50,000G for $ 334.37 = 150 Gold per dollar.

There's the data. Modify and do with it as you will.

Baadum - depends on the class. Most of the bonuses are quite good compared to t8.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)

Ghostcrawler: Death knights are the only current Hero class, which means they are supposed to be the best class in the game.

Stood in the Fire andy_mitchelluk's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Rilgon, I was just saying about the legalising buying gold as Blizzard are dead against it.

Now all the farmers that have made tons of money irl will be buying all the cards up and selling the mounts in AH.

Even though it's an accepted way of buying the mounts in 3.2 it's still potentially playing right in to the farmers hands.

They CAN release the patch without the arena gear, and then give us the two weeks notice... and THEN put in s7
    They have done it before, im sure the will do it again.

I only want REAL GLOVES. Why lazy blizzard can't just give horde plate REAL GLOVES? At least for females...

Rilgon, I was just saying about the legalising buying gold as Blizzard are dead against it.

Now all the farmers that have made tons of money irl will be buying all the cards up and selling the mounts in AH.

Even though it's an accepted way of buying the mounts in 3.2 it's still potentially playing right in to the farmers hands.

We will never get rid of farmers unless china bans WoW, and every other country bans wow aswell, sad sad truth
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

Fair enough. I thought you were of the camp that this was terrible and horrible because "amg people can buy gold legally now its the end of the world".

I, for one, am glad for the change because I CAN. I have more disposable income than I do free time to farm.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Rilgon
    Fair enough. I thought you were of the camp that this was terrible and horrible because "amg people can buy gold legally now its the end of the world".

I, for one, am glad for the change because I CAN. I have more disposable income than I do free time to farm.

True words. Gold buying only affects the idiotic, if u actually go to their sites, U fail u get hacked, and its all you fault. Gold will have more value in 3.2
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Pulseczar
    If I go to the vendor in Booty Bay and buy the swift spectral tiger mount for 100g (which would be sitting as a soulbound item in my inventory) and do not use it, will it change into BOU when 3.2 hits so that I will be able to sell it on the AH?

when 3.2 hits it will will be changed into BoU(or whatever it is)
    Best of 5 years!