Holy priest trinket choice

Hello there,

Well, the point is that I find it pretty hard to choose between 3 trinkets.

My char+stats

The 3 trinkets:
    Spirit-World Glass
    The Egg of Mortal Essence
    Majestic Dragon Figurine

What combination would you take, and what are your arguments?

-Ith

Re: Holy priest trinket choice

Spirit-World Glass + The Egg of Mortal Essence. I'm assuming your running Naxx from your gear level. Your regen looks fine, your SP needs improvement.

This is kind of off the subject, but spiritus that's possibly the sweetest sig I've ever seen.

Oh and spirit world glass + Egg

It all depends on what you need. If you need manaregen, go for the two trinkets giving manaregen.
    If you don't, the egg of mortal essence is for you, and either of the other. The majestic fragon figurine is the better choice if directly compared (see thread on matter stickied on top of this forum), but the spirit-world glass may be much better if the proper circumstances happen. F.ex getting a lot of OOFSR time or using it during a holy concentration buff period will put the spirit world glass on top again.

Whether you need regen or not is unfortuntely hard to tell from your char; it really depends on your playstyle.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-
    ]
    Spirit-World Glass + The Egg of Mortal Essence. I'm assuming your running Naxx from your gear level. Your regen looks fine, your SP needs improvement.
    Thank you for your response, and yes I do run naxx (too lazy for ulduar because of the Emblem buff @ 3.2 >_>), though why the spirit-world glass > figurine? I'd say figurine is a more "stable" trinket. (Not that I dislike the world glass, i just like to understand the argument ^^)

Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    It all depends on what you need. If you need manaregen, go for the two trinkets giving manaregen.
    If you don't, the egg of mortal essence is for you, and either of the other. The majestic fragon figurine is the better choice if directly compared (see thread on matter stickied on top of this forum), but the spirit-world glass may be much better if the proper circumstances happen. F.ex getting a lot of OOFSR time or using it during a holy concentration buff period will put the spirit world glass on top again.

Whether you need regen or not is unfortuntely hard to tell from your char; it really depends on your playstyle.
    I can heal (not spam tho) +- 5-6 mins. Also depends on boss/tank armor etc.

Its a personal thing... I'm not a huge fan on stacking trinkets for a holy priest. There are transitions/lulls in healing where you may not cast... and I really don't like to just *do something* to keep the stack up. SWG is set and forget... with an on use that bumps up both your regen and your throughput. Time your SWG while OSFSR or a HC proc for maximum benefit.

I'd keep all 3 of them around and switch out by encounter.

If you're picking up all the mana regen buffs and your dps doesn't kill themself on a regular basis, you can do anything through any boss in naxx except chaincast Prayer of Healing without dropping below max. With that in mind, spellpower trinket. Personally, I prefer glass over the figurine, since it *can* fall off and I didn't like having to worry about that.

BUT, spellpower is also a pretty useless stat in naxx. Too much higher and it's only overheal. Personally, I like to gear for regen, just in case your dps screws up and dies. Someday you might have to 2 man Heigan, and you'll be really happy with double spirit trinkets.

And someday your tank will get killed by 100 hp before your next heal lands and you'll wish you had the spellpower (or haste, or better other healers).

But really, screw being lazy, go after the kologarn 10 man for Spark of Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Timefounder
    But really, screw being lazy, go after the kologarn 10 man for Spark of Hope.
    I totally support this advice. After getting the Spark of Hope, my mana troubles were reduced to happening in only a very select few hardmodes.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

I use http://eu.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=45703l and http://eu.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=45308. Spark of Hope (awesome) and Eye of the Broodmother they both give me a nice balance of regen and spellpower.

Spirit-World Glass and The Egg of Mortal Essence for fights where you don't cast none stop, and switch out Spirit-World Glass for Majestic Dragon Figurine on healing intensive fights, or get lucky on sapp and grab Soul of the dead, i get at least 5k mana off most fights, even more for healing intensive fights.

prolly egg+ spirit world, unless u got srrs ooming problems, then use spirit world and figurine

I've never been a fan of proc trinkets while healing... you don't determine when they proc and as such you rarely get great use out of them. Whats the point of 505 haste if it procs during a phase you are OOFSR? The SP is nice I guess and perhaps its the better trinket to use if you are Disc purely for that reason but if you are holy the Dragon Figurine will give you some SP and regen that will be with you for the entire encounter.

The one you have equipped right now, the spirit ones.

The reson is that you've nothing better, and personally I hate them, but they're for sure better than a random Haste proc.

I agree with the general sentiment here of Egg and Spirit-World Glass. Majestic Dragon Figurine is nice IF you can be sure that you'll keep it up, but even in healing intensive fights it can drop just from the mechanics of the fight like on Sapphiron if you get Ice Blocked. OTOH, compared to SWG, you are guaranteed 84 Spirit that is always up and the use is awesome if used right. For instance, SWG->IF->DH and you get awesome raid healing AND regen at the same time. As some have mentioned, yes, the Haste proc on the Egg isn't very useful because it never seems to proc when you want it, and then it will proc when you don't need it and throw everything off.

If you have some spare gold, you may want to consider picking up Je'tze's Bell. It's down to around 3k on my server and it's a definite upgrade over the Egg, not only having a little more Spell Power, but the proc on it, while still random, is almost always useful since it's mana regen. Otherwise, the only trinkets I think that are significantly better require you to run Ulduar.

For the trinkets you listed, SWG and The Egg of Moral Essence. As you move into Uldar I would recommend Spark of Hope (10m Kolorgan) and Pandora's Plea (25m Mimirion). Spark of Hope for sure but there are other Uldar level trinkets beisdes Pandora's Plea that may fit your healing style. I needed some int on my gear so its a good fit for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikni View Post
    If its too hard people will complain, if its too easy people will complain, hard core raiders will complain is theres a gate system, but then they will also complain if theres an open system, casual people will complain 5 mans are too hard, raiders will complain 5 mans are too easy, everyone will complain about 5 mans in general, hard core pvps will complain about arena balance, casual pvps will complain about BG balance, overall pvps will complain about balance in general.