Page 1 of 2
LastLast

so... 3.2 is live, but arena season 6 remains??

What the hell, I thought season 6 closed with the arrival of 3.2

Re: so... 3.2 is live, but arena season 6 remains??

The raid is being "Sunwell"'d so to speak. One boss each week. Im bet the week the last boss is realeased season 7 begins.

I don't think it's a surprise to anyone that S7 isn't starting today, but I'm a little surprised that they didn't decide to (and announce a week or 2 in advance) lock the season ratings like they did in the past when introducing changes that would massively impact arena play. The change to the function of resilience is going to have a big, big impact...

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick
    I don't think it's a surprise to anyone that S7 isn't starting today, but I'm a little surprised that they didn't decide to (and announce a week or 2 in advance) lock the season ratings like they did in the past when introducing changes that would massively impact arena play. The change to the function of resilience is going to have a big, big impact...
    Yeah, it probably will, but the good players will take these changes and adapt, just like they did back in season 3 (i think it was 3?). The changes will weed out some of the ones that got there by facerolling and leave the ones that deserve to be there, and if something needs to be hotfixed then they always have that option.

they said awhile back that they were going to give a 1 month notice before s7 comes out

Quote Originally Posted by axio
    Yeah, it probably will, but the good players will take these changes and adapt, just like they did back in season 3 (i think it was 3?). The changes will weed out some of the ones that got there by facerolling and leave the ones that deserve to be there, and if something needs to be hotfixed then they always have that option.
    True, no class really got literally "nerfed to the ground", and if you can't adapt to minor / medium changes you don't deserve whatever rating it is that you have.

yes it remains, suck on it dk druid

oh wait the dk nerfs were negligible and they will still ruin the game

Quote Originally Posted by zahbohra
    they said awhile back that they were going to give a 1 month notice before s7 comes out
    I think they said 1-2 weeks (correct me if i'm wrong 'cus im not sure)

Quote Originally Posted by Nixia
    I think they said 1-2 weeks (correct me if i'm wrong 'cus im not sure)
    I'm pretty sure it was 2 weeks. It could've been one, but I'm sure they didn't promise more than 2 weeks.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Quote Originally Posted by twilitez
    yes it remains, suck on it dk druid

oh wait the dk nerfs were negligible and they will still ruin the game
    wrong. go read arenajunkies dk forums
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    No, Vanish isn’t working properly and breaks when you breathe on the rogue funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadodil
    True, no class really got literally "nerfed to the ground", and if you can't adapt to minor / medium changes you don't deserve whatever rating it is that you have.
    hard to really tell how much balanced the DPS classes are, the problem I got is alot of the huge burst classes were nerfed into the ground with 3.2, nothing have really stood out as being OP unless its soul link locks, but the issue with it is the fact healing classes are way out of control, more out of control now because with the dmg nerfs to some classes and resilience buff, they are harder to take down then pre 3.1, god damn if you have to kill a resto druid now, you wont do it.

Quote Originally Posted by mapp
    wrong. go read arenajunkies dk forums
    so they lost some direct damage gained some dot damage and if they bother to get the pve relic or w/e they get 200 str? i see how broken they must be.

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Quote Originally Posted by Mysmere
    so they lost some direct damage gained some dot damage and if they bother to get the pve relic or w/e they get 200 str? i see how broken they must be.
    200 str will not make up for the large percentage of nerfs, I think according to AJ forums, the nerf to the unholy tree more specificially SS, factored in with average resilience buff, now does 28% less damage......repeat...........28%

200 Str hardly makes up for that kind of nerf, then you replacing sigil of awareness with the 200 STR sigil, theirs nothing to really gain or lose from that.

Then you look at Frost, it got nerfed to the ground as well, not as bad as Unholy did, but its hardly viable, it never was viable in 3.1 when it was really OP, look at any armory of DKs in 3.1 and over 90% of them were 0/17/54 unholy.

Even with how much DKs got fucked over in 3.2, none of the classes are doing shit either, PVP has almost become to a point where anyone with 800 resil is immortal, bring an army of 5-6 with you if you want to take out someone, that is literally what you going need to do.

There is no rule that says s7 had to come out with 3.2.

However, if I had to guess, I'd say s7 will come after Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrillon
    PVP has almost become to a point where anyone with 800 resil is immortal, bring an army of 5-6 with you if you want to take out someone, that is literally what you going need to do.
    wtf are you a 0/0/0 spec'd warlock or something?

DKs still have their overpowered snares. Their damage is now at a good level, though.
    I guess fixing both of the problems that make them so overpowered in one patch was too much or something?

Quote Originally Posted by zsuper
    DKs still have their overpowered snares. Their damage is now at a good level, though.
    I guess fixing both of the problems that make them so overpowered in one patch was too much or something?
    Its debateable on whats too much nerfing and whats not, DKs need a nerf in dmg, but they went way overboard on it when you factor in the resilience change.

One of the problems about the nerf also is it really screwed over raid dmg as well. I have actually wondered if Blood spec is not the way to go in PVP now like it was some time back. Frost is gimp and Unholy has become a joke and Blood is about the only thing untouched.

I would be more pissed and probably canceling right now though if this was only a DK thing, but apparently ret paladins not the nerf also and theirs just no one dying, I kind thought this version of PVP in 3.2 was like doing the damage you normally did in TBC pvp with WOTLK gear, buffs, talents, and resilience. Because the damage and playability seems that of what was seen in TBC.

ret pallies are worse than dks dont worry

Their damage is at a very good spot, in my opinion, they're all just crying because they can't pop Strangulate on a Priest at 100%, factor in some partner CC, and get a kill in the first 20 seconds of the match.

DKs can't just pop their cooldowns and tear through my 1000 resilience anymore, but they can put adequate pressure that more or less forces me to spend all of my time healing unless I get a peel. Smart DKs who know how to use their CC are able to get kills on me if my Rogue doesn't stop them, though intelligent DKs are far and few.

If you want to look at it logically, Death Knights shouldn't have the damage output to kill a healer because of the insane strength of their snares.

Quote Originally Posted by zsuper
    Their damage is at a very good spot, in my opinion, they're all just crying because they can't pop Strangulate on a Priest at 100%, factor in some partner CC, and get a kill in the first 20 seconds of the match.

DKs can't just pop their cooldowns and tear through my 1000 resilience anymore, but they can put adequate pressure that more or less forces me to spend all of my time healing unless I get a peel. Smart DKs who know how to use their CC are able to get kills on me if my Rogue doesn't stop them, though intelligent DKs are far and few.

If you want to look at it logically, Death Knights shouldn't have the damage output to kill a healer because of the insane strength of their snares.
    lets not talk about the 1500s which is what you play in obviously from those statements.