Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

08/27 Hotfixes, Blue posts

Recent In-Game Fixes - August 2009 - 08/27
    Originally Posted by Crygil
    Listed below are recent fixes we have applied to the game. Keep in mind that some of these changes may not be active until after the realm has been restarted.

To review previous in-game fixes, please visit: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...31081949&sid=1

8/27/2009
    • Individual players will now only be able to build a vehicle in Wintergrasp once every two minutes.
    • Characters who are in vehicles now receive quest credit for the daily Call to Arms quest.
    Blue posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Player vs. Player
    Unrated Battlegrounds
    Unrated BGs aren't going away. In fact, you'll have access to slightly more than you did in the past even just through unrated bgs. So, it should continue to be a great way to spend 30-40 minutes when you don't have time to organize with others. (Source)

Arena System
    Arenas are very effectively serving exactly the purpose they were created for. The arena system might be failing to provide you personally with good gear, but the system itself continues to be successful. (Source)

No PvP Weapons available for Honor points
    ...because we make the assumption that since WoW was engaging enough for 80 levels of play to get to the scenario you mention that most people aren't actually that horribly offended by doing pve content (which is arguably the core of the game).

We may need to reconsider that particular philosophy if doing heroics is indeed that unappealing to many players. Although, I'm not sure how "many" players that really is TBH... forums like these are a surprisingly poor way to actually figure out what percentage of players think what about a given issue. (Source)

Cataclysm
    Argent Tournament after Cataclysm
    One thing to keep in mind is that not everybody will be purchasing Cataclysm on day zero, so the content and stories for the previous expansion(s) needs to be there for those players as well as be there for any characters leveling up.

Because of how well the Argent Tournament allows you to gain reputation with city factions, I think it will continue to be relevant. I know some people who still head to Netherwing Ledge and get their repuation/drakes because they want to do it on a new character.

Generally speaking - spending a lot of time on new content and then making it end and disappear is not something we like to do and have to be very careful on when and how often we do it. We are changing some of the classic continent because they have been there for 5 years so we feel it's okay to change it around after all this time.

The Onyxia example is a special circumstance for the 5 year anniversary. This isn't something we plan to do for every instance. (Source)

Goblins Models
    I think if you're expecting the "standard green short guy" to be the Goblins in Cataclysm, you're either going to be disappointed or pleasantly surprised, depending on whether you want them to be the same models as they currently are in game or not. Sure, they are not quite as different as the TBC Draenei were to the degenerate ones found in the Swamp of Sorrows before TBC launched, but they aren't purely recycled old models either.

From some of the concept art, I get the impression that what we've seen of the Goblins from the BlizzCon sneak peak was just the beginning... but only time will tell! (Source)

[...] I think it's too early to say whether all current NPC goblins will also get the new models. But with the pre-TBC High Elves being updated to use Blood Elf models, one can't be too sure the same won't happen for goblins too. (Source)

Paid Race Change and Goblins / Worgens
    We may add the new races to the Race Change feature, but it will probably not be something that is available immediately after Cataclysm's launch. We are putting large amounts of work into the flow and feel of leveling in the new expansion. Thus, we would be doing many players a disservice by allowing Race Changes to circumvent the leveling process early on in the expansions natural life cycle. (Source)

Druid
    Leveling as Balance
    We are aware that a lot of things in the original continents need some changes and this is part of what brought around the plans for the next expansion.

I leveled as a Boom (or pew pew) kin and ended up using cloth almost the whole way. It doesn't affect the leveling too much though as I was rarely in a situation where a little extra armor would bail me out - whenever I died I was pretty much way in over my head. (Source)

Re: 08/27 Hotfixes, Blue posts

Wintergrasp fix due to a certain Paladin

What was the point of quoting the whole post?

I really wish you would stop auto-loading streaming on this site. The moment you arrive you're asked to install a plugin you know nothing about and then the page hangs while it tries to load the streaming content. What ever happened to links?

We may add the new races to the Race Change feature, but it will probably not be something that is available immediately after Cataclysm's launch. We are putting large amounts of work into the flow and feel of leveling in the new expansion. Thus, we would be doing many players a disservice by allowing Race Changes to circumvent the leveling process early on in the expansions natural life cycle. (Source)
    A fine choice.
    They should wait with that until the first "realm first goblin / worgen" have been achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by Quile^_^
    I like, might stop the zerg chain that goes on as soon as one player hits rank 2 >_>
    Why on earth are you using a bitmap for a signature?
    /Fail

Quote Originally Posted by Collected
    I really wish you would stop auto-loading streaming on this site. The moment you arrive you're asked to install a plugin you know nothing about and then the page hangs while it tries to load the streaming content. What ever happened to links?
    There is auto-loading streams??? Mozilla + adblock for the win...

Quote Originally Posted by LavaDuck
    What was the point of quoting the whole post?
    He's trying to avoid the ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmello
    He's trying to avoid the ban.
    Doesn't work, as he's just as much going to get reported and grabbed by a mod afterwards.

Finally, they apply a fix to Wintergrapes it actually needed.
    LoLtumblr |
    derpderpderp

No PvP Weapons available for Honor points
    ...because we make the assumption that since WoW was engaging enough for 80 levels of play to get to the scenario you mention that most people aren't actually that horribly offended by doing pve content (which is arguably the core of the game).

We may need to reconsider that particular philosophy if doing heroics is indeed that unappealing to many players. Although, I'm not sure how "many" players that really is TBH... forums like these are a surprisingly poor way to actually figure out what percentage of players think what about a given issue. (Source)
    So mid rankers will still always have 80 less resilience (or weaker stats if they gem for the res) than those with s5 weapons/off-hands and get faceplam back when they get close to the rank for weapons.

EDIT: I mean its fine for no walfare pvp weapons when a new expension just come out, but now its unfair to those without the last season weapons and facing someone who have.

AND what about the pvp relics and totems? So, hardcore pve players will still have to grind honor do well in arena to get the best "flash heal" relic/totem.

Hello SPELL STEAL NERF ?
    Spell steal gives wings and Working As Intended

Octoshape™ Plug-in => Aaargh!

I'm selling this software, contact me for infoz

Quote Originally Posted by good diu bro
    So mid rankers will still always have 80 less resilience (or weaker stats if they gem for the res) than those with s5 weapons/off-hands and get faceplam back when they get close to the rank for weapons.

EDIT: I mean its fine for no walfare pvp weapons when a new expension just come out, but now its unfair to those without the last season weapons and facing someone who have.

AND what about the pvp relics and totems? So, hardcore pve players will still have to grind honor do well in arena to get the best "flash heal" relic/totem.

You're a moron. PVE weapons have more offensive stats than PVP weapons. It equals out as long as you have a weapon of the same ilvl. Duh.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

Still a bunch of talk about paid race change to Worgen/Goblin but NO INFORMATION WHAT-SO-EVER about the progress on Paid Faction Change...

10+ Year Old Account

This probably isn't the right place to post this, but I don't know where else to do so.

When you have that streaming whatever on the front page, it crashes my browser over and over again. I actually have to pull out IE in order to load the damn page. It's really frustrating. I wish you'd stop.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Naÿa
    Still a bunch of talk about paid race change to Worgen/Goblin but NO INFORMATION WHAT-SO-EVER about the progress on Paid Faction Change...

This right here, Im happy to hear about the goblins and worgens race change crap but id much rather hear a date about the faction changes, im ready to swap my rogue over!!

Hopefully it won't be too long before you can switch another char to worgen or goblin. I want to make my little mage a worgen, since I've been leveling her. Do not want to level another character, my mage is almost 50. Even with all of the changes to original lands in Cata, I don't know if even that would make me want to ever level from 1-80 again.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

The source link from the first quote leads to this page instead of to the real quote.
    I wanna go back to my trainer and learn a new spell in the next expansion! And we all need to be able to fly from day 1 ! (And fly over the Exodar and Silvermoon on our own mounts!)

Quote Originally Posted by Collected
    Boub has to pay the bills somehow. You'll notice that MLG pays for alot advertising on this site. A small sacrifice for the most up to date WoW news site on the web.

Quote Originally Posted by Xacez
    Wintergrasp fix due to a certain Paladin
    Yeah, a good way to sabotage team play.
    I wanna go back to my trainer and learn a new spell in the next expansion! And we all need to be able to fly from day 1 ! (And fly over the Exodar and Silvermoon on our own mounts!)