Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Priests OOM in raids too fast?

Hey, im not a Priest myself, but I have noticed that in PvE Holy Priest are so imba, but a few mins into the fight then there oom, after that there just scraping any healing they can get from mana CD's, inervates, mana tides and self mana regen. I dont really notice this with any other class, just wondering if this is normal for holy priests (not sure about Disc because there rubbish in PvE imo), anyone else got this problem or any tips to get around it?

Thanks a bunch

Re: Priests OOM in raids too fast?

Quote Originally Posted by Heywut
    (not sure about Disc because there rubbish in PvE imo)
    Fail.

And no good holy priest goes oom and struggles so quickly into a fight unless the other healers are terribad and need alot of babysitting.

Oh, and to vaguely answer the question; Share out the healing load, first of all. Use Shadowfiend at 50-60%. Use Inner Focus. Use Hymn of Hope.
    Mana regen techniques are there to be used, it's playing your class well to use them at the right times.

Well its true about Disc, healing wise all other healers out-do them all they give is the +healing buff on the target.

Quote Originally Posted by NoHealsForYou
    Fail.

And no good holy priest goes oom and struggles so quickly into a fight unless the other healers are terribad and need alot of babysitting.
    Basically this. Disc priests in PvE are amazing, and no holy priest worth their salt is going to be OOM 3 minutes into a fight. And if the other healers are bad enough that even a good holy priest will go OOM that fast, you're obviously raiding with idiots in the first place and shouldn't bother questioning it.

Well its true about Disc, healing wise all other healers out-do them all they give is the +healing buff on the target.
    Disc priests exist for more than a +healing buff, you do know that, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Eirias
    Disc priests exist for more than a +healing buff, you do know that, right?
    Yea but they arnt the best class for raid healing or MT healing, they only give the buff, imo the healing loss just for that buff isnt worth it when you can use another class who heals more effectivley.

As a priest you actually should make a choice.
    - If you are intended to do Raid Heal go holy, but sacrifice talents like Inspiration for cost reduction.
    - If your raid lead wants you to tank heal, go Disc.
    In both cases, with the right specc, a well planned gear and intelligent use of your mana regeneration spells (fiend, hymn, pot, etc) you'll effectively not go oom. Typically it's those allround specced Holies that tend to get in trouble with their manapool; often combined with a too high priority on spirit on gear.

just my 2 cent

Yea but they arnt the best class for raid healing or MT healing, they only give the buff, imo the healing loss just for that buff isnt worth it when you can use another class who heals more effectivley.
    Or you could wise up and realise that disc priests also give 3% damage reduction across the entire raid, alongside penance, and all kinds of goodies. They make EXCELLENT tank healers, and you clearly have much to learn if you believe otherwise.

Please stop...please, you're making yourself look silly now.

not sure about Disc because there rubbish in PvE imo
    Fail

lolthread is lol

Quote Originally Posted by Skriblz
    lolthread is lol
    ^^^^^

Say what? Excuse me while I keep my main tank target alive solo for the entire fight, while spamming Prayer of healing when permissible, and end it at 40-60% mana remaining. (Yes my main is a Disc Priest.)
    A Tank's Best Friend since 2005.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-a-Raid-boss./ Fear My Mighty Walls of Text.

I have to put up with morons like him every pug I make.
    ROGUES OP LOL
    Have you ever played a rogue? The only reason we are considered OP is because well... you suck.
    No other way to put it.
    No other class in the game has its "OH SHIT" button completely broken.
    No other class in the game WILL be killed in a single stun if they dont have a trinket.
    No other class in the game dies anywhere near as fast as a rogue with its cooldowns gone.
    No other class in the game requires more skill than a rogue.
    No other class in the game is as fun as a rogue, Therefore the majority of rogues who are good, have played a really long time and become good players, nothing will change that.

disc priests are great, they reduce inc damage by a lot.... making it easier to heal the target, disc priests are by far closest to pallys in single target and a lot of fights 1 MT healer isn't enough... you suggesting because YOU cant see what there really doing on healing meters they are worthless, there far ahead of all but pallys in healing tanks.

holy took a slight mana nerf most people seem to refuse to change from 23Sp gems, Sp enchants, Sp trinkets and flasks.
    Vote Pengu for president!
    "For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons."

10+ Year Old Account

I got a good lol out of this thread

I actually believe Disc _can_ outperform any other class in single MT Healing hands down. Plus a lot ultimate gadgets for the raid and the active ability to push a tanks effective HP pool by far more than 10k with a shield in the right moment.
    Looking at my prot warrior that'll mean with all relevant CDs up I could take a single hit far beyond 100k damage if the moment in time is predictable (cast or timer)

Holy priests going oom in raids need to learn there class. They got more then enough mana regen abilities (Hymn/Fiend).

Disc priests are best tank healers ingame atm.

Gentlemen, I believe we may have been trolled.

Quote Originally Posted by Eirias
    Gentlemen, I believe we may have been trolled.
    This was good trolling!

Nearly 2½ pages!

Good job OP!
    According to blizzard:

Paladins : Lovedolls

Priests : Swineflu

Quote Originally Posted by Healzors
    Holy priests going oom in raids need to learn there class.
    please teach me then
    Quote Originally Posted by cryo85
    Because the X-53 is cooler than the Homo Steed
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    [Banned] For trolling.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    =======<()
    BBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    You can't balance vuvuzelas.