Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Enh Shaman, Low HP

Hello, Im an Enh Shaman on Burning Steppes. I was wondering whether its just me or generally many Enh Shamans who has very low HP.
    I have 16310 HP; and im running with EoC gear + Naxx25 and a lil ToC HC(5 Man), and i only have that low HP.
    Yesterday i saw an Enh Shaman in mainly ToC10/ToC25, a little Uld25 and a little ToC10HC Gear, he had 16,8k hp.. I think its far too low, if we have to be able to survive raids. What are youre thoughts?

Best Regards
    Kalok

PS: Here a link to mt Armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...okagath%C3%B3s
    Enhancement Shaman, Kalokagathós, Burning Steppes-EU
    Death is a gift, Life is just the paper wrapped around it.

Re: Enh Shaman, Low HP

try toughness out xtra 10% on ya hp aint great but its ok for pvp if ya get some pvp gear and stamina enchants.alos take points out of call of flame and reverb so u can make this change.but for pve high hp aint needed really

toughness isnt a solution for pve Hp since u loose dps by takin it, it works fine for pvp but not in pve. the thing is i personally think enhancment has low health cuz we have lower health then most rogue in both pvp/pve gears and isnt rogues suppose to be a stealh dude and we´re melee? ???

sorry for bad english

Enhancement shaman have had one of the lowest health of any spec of any class for a very long time.

I've always thought it was stupid, but for some reason thats just the way it is.

I'm afraid there's nothing you can do about it. As a Tauren I have barely over 17k. It derives from how gear ilvl works. We need one more stat than a rogue or kitty (intellect) and 2 more stats than a plate melee (int and ap). In the end we get more stats total on our gear, but less of each individual stat, including stamina. When you combine this with the second lowest base health in the game (right above mages) and the lack of a ranged weapon you end up with a casters healthpool in melee range.

I've always thought they should have gotten rid of toughness and combined it with a pve talent, perhaps flurry, but since they are doing away with this problem in cataclysm don't expect a solution in 3.3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

Not to QQ or anything but i find in my enh PvP gear (which has a focus on stamina) i have less HP than all the DPS plate classes wearing PvE gear. And I have Toughness 5/5 and 450 Mining

So Ye, Enh has very low HP.

Thought this got fixed with the last patch....
    * Base health increased by approximately 7% to correct for shamans having lower health than other classes.

anuket

Quote Originally Posted by Prokenny
    Yeah it was a whole 540 odd health. How huge :

Quote Originally Posted by Fornaw
    I'm afraid there's nothing you can do about it. As a Tauren I have barely over 17k. It derives from how gear ilvl works. We need one more stat than a rogue or kitty (intellect) and 2 more stats than a plate melee (int and ap). In the end we get more stats total on our gear, but less of each individual stat, including stamina. When you combine this with the second lowest base health in the game (right above mages) and the lack of a ranged weapon you end up with a casters healthpool in melee range.

I've always thought they should have gotten rid of toughness and combined it with a pve talent, perhaps flurry, but since they are doing away with this problem in cataclysm don't expect a solution in 3.3.
    Nice try at rationalizing it, but if that was the case, hunters would be right there with us. They use the same gear as enhancement shamans.

Base health
    There's the problem. 7% of our BASE health is not much.
    I may look busy, but I'm just confused.

Not a whole lot you can do, really. I have about 17k in mostl 226/232 ilvl gear. It usually isn't too much of a problem in PvE, in fact I typically am one of the last to die because I don't fail at standing in fire/void zones/doing stupid things that get you killed. The fact that plate classes can have like 30k with buffs when I usually don't hit 24k is annoying though, and the "fix" did squat.

My understanding is that if your guild does hard modes it is typically more of an issue because there is uaully a lot more damage flying around, but I don't have any personal experience with this. I have read about people doing extreme things like using stoneblood flasks, speccing toughness, even using frost resist gear or throwaway pieces with stam socketed, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerin
    Nice try at rationalizing it, but if that was the case, hunters would be right there with us. They use the same gear as enhancement shamans.
    And they are right there with us. The only ones that aren't are Surv. Hunters, since they gain 10% Stam as a prereq for the talent that gives them 30% of their Stam as AP. Even without the 10% Stam that would be a required talent for a raiding Surv Hunter. Any MM Hunter has roughly the same health pool as an Enh. Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by zarniwoop
    And they are right there with us. The only ones that aren't are Surv. Hunters, since they gain 10% Stam as a prereq for the talent that gives them 30% of their Stam as AP. Even without the 10% Stam that would be a required talent for a raiding Surv Hunter. Any MM Hunter has roughly the same health pool as an Enh. Shaman.
    I apologize then. I don't have a hunter, nor do I pay attention to their health pools.
    I may look busy, but I'm just confused.

Quote Originally Posted by zarniwoop
    But atleast they are not melee and may take less damage...

anuket

But atleast they are not melee and may take less damage...
    It's not like damage is a problem, I'm enhance and I never die in PvE.

You are more or less right, but Enhancement set pieces seem to be very low on stamina, typically. My guild's primary raiding MM hunter is a bit less geared than me and has 800 health more than me. Our other MM hunter, who is in about 1/2 blues still, has 16.5k.

This is me
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...7Thos&n=Tsirea

I'm a mix of 219-245. See my health pool unbuffed? 16980.

That is less than my wife's unbuffed priest by about 1k hp, who is similarly geared. I get ridiculed by my guild for having low health, even with Tuskarr's on my boots. When Gormok stomps on 25 Heroic I get a low health warning.

But it just means I have to be more aware of fire/void zones/aoe etc. and I feel it makes me a better player. I've just come to accept it as one of the challenges of my class.

Come cataclysm and it's gear rationalisation, we will probably be in a much better place.

(And yes I am one point short of the exp cap, I know. Waiting to replace Godbane signet or Vulmir's before I re-gem. I'm lazy :P)

Yes our health is still low. blizzard suck, go figure.

/thread

yeah it sucks. but have to say it have gotten alot better with random enh shaman death after we can more or less use shamantick rage as a shieldwall when ever something will hit us, so its not all bad

Quote Originally Posted by anuket
    Try hardmodes, then get back at me

anuket

Quote Originally Posted by Amanoginji
    Try hardmodes, then get back at me