Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Shadowmourne and its "Alt form" speculation...

Generally, there are two common speculations regarding Shadowmourne, and its Alt form.

The first is simple; the "Alt" form is actually the "Incomplete" form. Much like the Sulfuron Hammer before it, it would require some sort of additional quest/item before it actually became Legendary status.

Another speculation I've seen a lot of, is that it would serve similar to an Anathema/Benediction use. Given the nature of Shadowmourne (obviously a Runeblade), quite a few are thinking perhaps it will have a "Tanking" form, suitable to Death Knights, but not exclusively so.

A third theory, however, recently popped up. This third theory is basically, "Anyone can wield Shadowmourne". But, according to his theory, when a Death Knight wields it, it would *look* different. By his figuring, the "Frostmourne-head", the Runes adorning Shadowmourne's blade, all signs pointing to being based on the Death Knight. Even though it's highly unlikely, you have to admit; it kinda makes sense. Again, stats would be identical, it would merely *look* different in the hands of a Runeblade-wielding Death Knight.

Honestly? I'm putting my bet of a Sulfuron Hammer-type of functionality. But I'm *hoping* that perhaps the third theory is right. After all, Runeforging is hardly a substitute for a true Runeblade, which by nature, are Death Knight weapons.

Re: Shadowmourne and its "Alt form" speculation...

OR it's just an alternative look. one of the two will be picked by blizzard for the final version (just like Thrall's Doomhammer)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    [/COLOR]

Even tho Claymore's theory sounds coolest I think chronicle is right.

Since there seems to be multiple steps in the creation of the blade, the 'not quite done' version, which has lesser stats and maybe a special function that makes it important in the quest to complete it, is what the 'alt version' will be, and once you finish the quest chain it will gain its final appearence.

or u can swith forms >.>

the glowy ones are for ret pallies (spell power/int)

the one with no glow is for warriors
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events
    "Steal the shit out of my ideas"

Quote Originally Posted by Sauredfangs
    or u can swith forms >.>

the glowy ones are for ret pallies (spell power/int)

the one with no glow is for warriors
    Yes because ret pallies use int and spell power on their 2 handed weapons. *rolls eyes*

Cylon's Warcraft Blog - News, guides and more! Come join my community.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon24
    Yes because ret pallies use int and spell power on their 2 handed weapons. *rolls eyes*
    lol i was just kidding >.>

but yeah im not really sure what pallies use, i just remember seeing frosmourne stats and it had int on it
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events
    "Steal the shit out of my ideas"

I too expect it to me a Sulfuras.

I see you having to gather raid drop mats together, crafting a hammer from BS, that's BoE, and then wait for a legendary drop off of the Lich King. Probably a "Glowing shard of Frostmourne" It wouldn't surprise me if part of the fight requires shattering the sword.

Also prolly only on heroic difficulty. I'm really hoping that it's sometihng you have to craft, then even as a Prot pally, I'll have a decent chance to get one before some lazy punk in my guild that won't work for his, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicle
    OR it's just an alternative look. one of the two will be picked by blizzard for the final version (just like Thrall's Doomhammer)
    Wouldn't they just use the one they already showed at BlizzCon, though? That would make the most sense.

Maybe the 10-heroic will just have an alternate look, lower stat version or something.

Didn't they say Shadowmourne will be a hunter weapon? :P

or you know.. blizzard hasn't decided which they're going to use :/ or whatever.
    This user has been banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhiva
    Didn't they say Shadowmourne will be a hunter weapon? :P
    They were kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicle
    You wouldn't happen to play on the Frostwolf server would you....

Back on topic, I always liked the legendary progression of make this for one weapon, and then power it up to its full potential by doing "x". Reminds me of FFX crests/sigils haha.
    If a shaman tells you that he can't tank, he's just not doing it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Xombo
    Back on topic, I always liked the legendary progression of make this for one weapon, and then power it up to its full potential by doing "x". Reminds me of FFX crests/sigils haha.
    That's too unique and interesting for Blizzard to do.

Then again, the Quel'Delar sounds kinda cool.

15+ Year Old Account

Here's one I don't think I saw anyone post yet, and naturally, will cause the hardcore 25s group to go in a tizzy.

Maybe the item is aquireable in both 10 and 25 heroic modes only, and each has an alternate skin (and obviously different ilvl stats).
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown
    Here's one I don't think I saw anyone post yet, and naturally, will cause the hardcore 25s group to go in a tizzy.

Maybe the item is aquireable in both 10 and 25 heroic modes only, and each has an alternate skin (and obviously different ilvl stats).
    I generally consider myself to be mostly hardcore-25, but then again I'm not completely fucking retarded as opposed to most of the vocal hardcore-25 types posting on here.

Provided 10H is difficult enough, I wouldn't really mind an alt-form of Shadowmourne with way less stats.

the version with the glow looks more complete to me then the other, could it just be that thats an incomplete version?

just ignore me if this is a completely retarted idea :P
    Quote Originally Posted by nium
    [size=10pt] Devs: Our nerfs will block the sun.
    Druids: Then we shall tank in the shade! ...[/size]

Quote Originally Posted by DKaizerX
    That's too unique and interesting for Blizzard to do.
    I hate to think back about how awesome Vanilla WoW was in this reagrd but....oh wait, already it it. Sigh.

They were on the right track with the toss-it-into-Yogg's-brain legendary, but the time interval between actually getting the "hammer" (which couldn't even be used as a weapon ) and getting it powered-up was merely a clear to yoggy away instead of the wait-insanely-long-for-an-ingot-to-drop grind. Some people hated it, and although mine didn't drop for around 2 months, it still felt as epic as obtaining a legendary should feel. Sure you have to wait a long time to collect all the fragements necessary to MAKE Val'anyr, but by the time some guilds had done so, ToC came out with weapons close to on-par with it that made it feel less legendary than the last "reforming" legendary was.

I'd go over my post to see if it fully makes sense...but meh, no use, you get the point.
    If a shaman tells you that he can't tank, he's just not doing it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Xombo
    I hate to think back about how awesome Vanilla WoW was in this reagrd but....oh wait, already it it. Sigh.

They were on the right track with the toss-it-into-Yogg's-brain legendary, but the time interval between actually getting the "hammer" (which couldn't even be used as a weapon ) and getting it powered-up was merely a clear to yoggy away instead of the wait-insanely-long-for-an-ingot-to-drop grind. Some people hated it, and although mine didn't drop for around 2 months, it still felt as epic as obtaining a legendary should feel. Sure you have to wait a long time to collect all the fragements necessary to MAKE Val'anyr, but by the time some guilds had done so, ToC came out with weapons close to on-par with it that made it feel less legendary than the last "reforming" legendary was.

I'd go over my post to see if it fully makes sense...but meh, no use, you get the point.
    Well, I do feel Val'anyr was cool, but I agree it was also fairly easy to get and ultimately was replaced pretty fast.

I'd have liked it more if you had to do Yogg+1 for it instead of Yogg+3. That would be a little more challenging. The lore behind it was solid, though, and it was certainly the first legendary have voice acting in the actual instance related to it (besides Aran + Atiesh, but that was really an easter egg).

They were nice to have bumped up its item level. Hopefully Shadowmourne gets some good treatment - there's already a quest in files about it, so there's something. Really hoping it has a similar idea as Corrupted Ashbringer, with some kind of soul whispering in it. Years later, Corrupted Ashbringer is the coolest weapon they've ever made.

My assumptions are, well,

The blade is dropped of a boss, possibly a Death Knight is in the high ranks or high in terms of lore.. such as Saurfang Jr. for example? or Bolvar considering the rumor of him going to the Forsaken as "B" has gone. Both are considered possible DK's in the new raid. :P

Or atleast parts of the blade is dropped and needs to be reforged from the pieces (like the bindings). Requiring high BSing or reputation with a faction smith. There is also the new forges in the Icecrown instance (possibly one in the raid, /shrugs) could be used.
    EDIT: However, with the BSing part, it's unlikely they will go about putting a restriction such as profession on it, they'd probably anyone who could use it, make it.

My answer for the icy look is Sindragrosa to breathe her frostbreath on it. Then perhaps the hilt(?) on Arthas' sword Frostmourne is the last key for the completion of Shadowmourne. (By the looks of the same skull on Frostmourne is on Shadowmourne).
    EDIT: So obviously Arthas could be a must for the blade if it were to be created. So that could mean Frostmourne is shattered, broken in-half, whatever. :>

My thoughts. :P

There is also the runes on the blade too that needs answering, maybe Darion helps in that area? using a runeforge perhaps?