Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Best and worst of Wotlk

Well the lich king has officially been downed, so what are your top 5 best and worst things blizzard did in wotlk, heres mine

Worst

5.New Tier System - It may be just me, but I personally hate how they changed the tier system. Anybody can get tier and im having to spend all the emblems on it just to start it off, meaning i need emblems and the badge from the boss besides just the badge. Just an extra pain to me, it is helpful to have tier you can buy with emblems, but i dont think the 25 and 10 man tier should have to have emblems to get them.

4.Major Stat Differences - Wrath brought stats going up really fast in my opinion, this may not seem like a bad thing, but really they could have done the hardmode loot scaling alot better, 10 man ToC should have been ilevel 226 and 25 man 238, would have made all the numbers a bit smaller for the future, the only difference it would have made was less numbers for people to work with which is usually better.

3.Faction leaders barking at each other - Another thing I didnt like was how Varian and Garrosh have been barking each other for the whole x-pack. Really annoys me, they really should have bit or should have not barked at all, find it stupid how this is basically all that happens between varian and garrosh when they meet

Varian - 'Horde Sucks!'

Garrosh - 'Alliance sucks worse!' *Growl*

2.The Lich King being such a pussy - This is one thing I really didnt like, every single time the lich king showed his face it made him seem like this even more and more. He is the main boss of the expansion and never did anything to make me feel like he's all that badass like he did during warcraft three and the frozen throne. Most action ive seen from him this x-pack is breaking a floor and letting us fight another minion, possibly the HoR encounter which even then I really didnt feel like I was going to be owned if I didnt escape.

1.Patch 3.2 and ToC/The Argent Tournament - I absolutely hated almost everything about this patch, first thing was the bg thing they added limiting their time, I really miss the epicly long battlegrounds. The second is the wintergrasp thing they did, although somewhat useful and balancing, it really sucked alot of fun out of the wintergrasp, i loved the fact you could be outnumbered or be the one outnumbering the other side, or the competition in camping in wg, have a mage alt from the opposite faction get in the raid and throw a theramore portal up. Another thing in this patch i hated was the circular instance, with super easy bosses, and uncreative hardmodes that was pugged by everyone, ToC. That place bored me so bad i quit WoW for a month and a half or so just because i couldnt stand the raid. So much went wrong with this patch it put WoW a huge step backwords. Oh and not to mention the freaking lancing I hate that so much.

The Best

5.Death Knight's chainline and quests like them, such as Wrathgate - Those were absolutely amazing and made soloing more fun than raiding until i did them all. The epicness in them was amazing and made leveling feel less like a pain.

4.Achievements - These were great to add in for this x-pack, they are already a big part of wow with titles, mounts, and pure fun.

3.Vehicles - Almost all of the vehicle combat system i loved, there were a couple of exceptions like lancing and stuff but i find these unique and fun. I find them fun and can be very tactical like in fights like flame.

2.Death Knights - We got an entire new class to tank and dps with plus their quest line, there isnt really much to say about this. Plus great for people wanting a farm

1.Gating, Hardmodes, and Ulduar - One thing I have loved about Wotlk is there have been raids for everybody. Casuals have the normal modes, normal raiding guilds who raid constantly who arent good with hardmodes can see the content first without tieing with puggers and casuals, and hardcore raiders have their challenges to try and beat. Definately one of the best things i think this x-pack brought.

Re: Best and worst of Wotlk

Worst
    1 No Ner'zhul, Kel'thuzd did not play a major rule. Same as Anub'arak. The Lich King appeared too many times in different places. The war with the Scourge was too easy, not enought sacrfice.
    2 Sylvanas' voice change, it's HORRIBLE. She did not become the new Lich...Queen.
    3 They did not get Arthas' old voice actor Justin Gross back.
    4 Tyrande did not get involved with the Scourge. It will be cool to see her corrupt.

Best

1 The Lich King was only replaced, the Scourge is still there.
    2 The 10 man raid let most of us can experience all the bosses.
    3 Overall ,the story is a lot better than BC.
    4 The Horde and Alliance finally gonna start their war.

Quote Originally Posted by SHADOWLION
    4 Tyrande did not get involved with the Scourge. It will be cool to see her corrupt.
    I only got into Warcraft via WoW, but have recently started Warcraft3 since it gets so much hype.
    I get the feeling you've maybe ruined something for me here considering she's currently being swept downstream

Nah she's fine, I just love to see her join the Scourge. I had a conspiracy about her kill the watchers.

lol, I hope so.
    Otherwise I'm not gunna bother running down to save her (as cool as playing as Illidan is) :<

OT: I just wrote half a short novel in a similar thread so have nothing great to contribute here, apologies for semi-derailing :x

bump?

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz
    Worst

3.Faction leaders barking at each other - Another thing I didnt like was how Varian and Garrosh have been barking each other for the whole x-pack. Really annoys me, they really should have bit or should have not barked at all, find it stupid how this is basically all that happens between varian and garrosh when they meet

Varian - 'Horde Sucks!'

Garrosh - 'Alliance sucks worse!' *Growl*
    Imo that was nice
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events
    "Steal the shit out of my ideas"

Worst

1. No Ner'zhul, he was the actual Lich King, to have Arthas "mentally overpower" him is just stupid
    2. "There must always be a Lich King, the scourge will go crazy otherwise" stupid ending, goes completely against what has happened before, which is that the scourge is freed instead of going frenzy. Even Anub'arak, when he dies in Azjol-Nerub goes "I'm finally...free of him", not "YALL IMA GO APESHIT!"
    3. Sylvanas voice change.
    4. Weird crap like having a gigantic bomb on the Alliance airship and not using it.

5. Anub'arak's voice change, seriously, watch the videos and see the difference.

Wotlk- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pune7-fhTWM#t=00m40s

Original WC3 Voice- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEfOqcB6PpI#t=02m56s

Best

1. Can actually do the content without turning yourself into this

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You are correct that a lot of players moan about things being too easy without having seen the content personally. We definitely place less emphasis on their feedback than on people who have actually tried those encounters.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...=1&pageNo=4#72

Worst
    1. Insanely easy raids (mostly)
    2. More focus on raiding than the world itself
    3. PuG system made it so fail tanks get into my group..

Best
    1. ICC IS FRIGGIN AWESOME
    2. Dk..due to the fact I am a DK. I love being a DK. It is an awesome class.
    3. TIRION IS A GOD DAMN MOTHER F*CKING SUPER SAIYAN!
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

The worst:
    3. Free epics. I believe that epics you should get from raiding, not by farming heroics till you can do them blindfolded. Sure this doesn't help the casuals but if they never raided naxx before why should get an opportunity to skip it.
    2. The Argent Tournament. Really crappy questlines that I can't give a shit about. I did it once and I doubt I will do it again after the faction change.
    1. Trial of the Champion, Trial of the Crusader. The worst dungeon ever created by mankind. Could you have more lack of imagination.

The best:
    3. The new LFG system. Great invention by Blizzard. Much kudos to them.
    2. Death knights. Without them I would probably be stuck on my ret pally.
    1. Ulduar. This is where Blizzard shined the most so far. Really competitive gameplay that was open for everyone. Normal modes was hard enough and hardmodes set the bar for "heroic". I really hate that I missed the 25 man version of Ulduar but I'm thankful I at least got to experience the 10 man.

~Over and out~
    A wise man once said: "Purples are just a means, not an end"

Quote Originally Posted by Destil
    Worst
    1. Insanely easy raids (mostly)
    How dare you say the content is easy if you havn't even killed Deathbringer NORMAL MODE (25) ?
    This hype is really getting annoying .. People repeating each other, saying it's all easy while NOONE so far have cleared all content.

When you got EVERY single boss down on EVERY mode, then I'll salute you and consider that statement, but as it is now it's all bullshit.

The best moment for me had to be the launch of WotLK itself and the couple months that followed it. Loads of people everywhere (epic server queues), loads of new, exciting stuff to do. Those were the best times I've had in WoW.

But then it all just started falling apart.

Gradually, the game's just been slowed down and dumbed down to the point where it has become borderline absurd to keep paying for it. I mean, everything is pretty much done for you already. You don't even have to look for groups anymore, the game does that for you. There is no sense of achievement for getting gear anymore. No item is "special" anymore, they're all treated just like glorified/cloned stat-sticks to be replaced asap.

I mean sure, the hardmodes add some value and SOME challenge to the game, but in reality, you're just replaying the same content over and over again. Progression just doesn't feel as special as that guild's first Illi or Archi kill anymore, y'know? All these different versions of the same dungeon make it feels too... generic, too common. Hell, even the gear best looks the same as the crappy 10man versions. What were they thinking?

I guess what I'm trying to say is, WoW lost its soul somewhere in this expansion. If it ever had one, that is. :P
    It officially sold out and became lame.

Meh, even the BG queues take ages now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crocstar
    My personal belief is that whoever plays a hunter in the arena testing they have done since season 1 is just a monster, skilled beyond all belief and manages to whomp on the testers playing other classes. They in turn nerf hunters each and every patch to close the gap on this superhuman hunter demigod.... Slow down on the skills man, we don't stand a chance now and we can't take much more of the nerf bat.

15+ Year Old Account

Best: fixes and changes come quicker
    Best: Isle of Conquest
    Best: the 5% of the raidbosses that actually are fun

Worst: Homogenization
    Worst: too simple, ty casuals
    Worst: to fucking easy a game
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

The Worst
    1. Mainstreaming of raiding, raiding for people who are not even interested in being raiders. Raiding used to be something to ascend to, to work towards and become. in WOTLK it's little more than being able to hit looking for group, and the accept invite button. That is not what raiding used to be, and not what it should be about. Instead of using 24 people to get better gear, it should be about showing them what you're capable of doing, and that you appreciate their company and companionship. That feels removed

2. Moving all of world PvP into a zone, and then making that zone the longest cooldown of a battleground in the game. Ease of travel and abundance of fast flying mounts makes being in the world a rarity. The destruction of the relevance of the 2v2 bracket, and homogenizing nearly every class in talents and abilities.

3. Not a single world spawn, these were an awesome and exhilarating rush in vanilla when they spawned. I miss that and I fear they will not return in cataclysm either, and that is a true shame.

4. Hard mode raiding, I can't stand raiding the same instance four times a lockout, and worse calling it additional content to add another mode to previous content is nothing short of a crime. I can understand everyone wanting to raid, it's a really fulfilling experience the game has to offer. But in attempt to making raiding accessible to everyone it also belittled the experience for everyone. Imagine climbing to the top of mount Everest, that is a sight not many people can say they have taken in. There used to be a similar feeling to raiding when you watched the boss animation of an end instance boss for the first time. Now hard mode or not, everyone has had the experience which effectively removes both the thrill and the accomplishment. There is a big difference between sharing something with like minded peers, and sharing something with timmy the braindead kid down the road. Some things should have to be pursued and reached, not given to.

5. Badge farming from heroics, basically made heroic instances a treadmill which was not enjoyed but necessary. The addition of cross realm LFG added to this disposable 5 man feeling and mentality and the anonymity of cross realm groups allowed the scumbags of the community to come out and to breed. Allowing people to catch up on gear quickly might be a good thing however it removes from them the expertise and understanding they would have learned from the previous tier of raiding.

The Best

1. PvP ques from anywhere, very useful.
    2. Heirloom gear coupled with the constant nerfs made leveling alts a joke of an experience.

Honestly, I can't think of more things worth praise.

For me:
    Best: The addition of hard modes and 10 man option, I hate large raiding guilds but enjoy raiding, so being able to not have to deal with constant afks or disconnects of 25 man, yet still being able to raid was very nice for me.

Best and worst: Death knights, the good ones are a huge asset to have, but when you get a bad one, they really mess everything up.

Best: Ease of gearing up for raids, really handy for gearing up alts to perform another role, or to gear up a new guildie, the emblems can be a bit to much though.

Best: Dungeon finder, this tool makes getting groups for heroics very easy, and more enjoyable.

Worst: Vehicle fights, while I like some of them, they tend to be very annoying that your stuck on a vehicle and cant use your own abilities. Jousting is even worse.

Worst: Huge Item level jumps from Tier, It gets annoying when you get gear loaded up with useless stats because of item level getting to out of hand.

Worst: Strand of the Ancients, hate that place.

Good things:
    1: Asome lore
    2: Thanks for making getting lvl 80 actually fun.
    3: Great design
    4: Love the phasing effects

Worse things:
    1: I really hoped for an AN raid with anub as final boss.
    Old city being control t by undeath
    Upper AN: tolen by the twilight guild
    2: The huge gear difrence
    3: The first gear sets al got the same look, changed in in patch 3.3 with PoS, FoS and HoR..so not really bad

Best: Dungeon finder
    Worst: ToC dailies

Biggest disappointment: Lack of new dances
    Biggest suprise: Ulduar

Quote Originally Posted by Shinare
    I only got into Warcraft via WoW, but have recently started Warcraft3 since it gets so much hype.
    I get the feeling you've maybe ruined something for me here considering she's currently being swept downstream
    make sure you get the patch for the whole horde campain, and explore the whole map, thats al ill say

my list is limited as i've only properly played in 3.3

best. (5 and 3 i think are alliance quests only, glad i've played both sides)
    5.Arthas (pre lich king) Buring the ships so they chad to stay in northrend
    4.quel delar quest line (even tho it was only on PTR)
    3.Arthas Getting Frostmourn (also pre lich king)
    2.Higher tiers of 5 mans released with patches (one for Ulduar would have been nice)
    1.ICC, first thing i've properly raided since SSC but love it

Wost.
    5. too easy to gear up, it helped me and i utalised it but i'd have prefered more of it to have been from the new slightly harder than the older heroics
    4. Death Kights
    3. Dps rotations too easy (love playing kitty)
    2. Swipe Spam while tanking groups (yawn)
    1. missing the earlier content (my fault)

10+ Year Old Account

Best:
    LFG tool
    Ulduar
    ICC
    Lore

Worst:
    lack of content at start
    messy start, lots and lost of talent resets (especialy for dks) and changes.
    Arthas getting beaten all over the continent.
    1 boss raids
    doing the same instance 4 times in one lock out.
    Forget everything you know about everything.

Quote Originally Posted by sulfuric
    The Worst
    1. Mainstreaming of raiding, raiding for people who are not even interested in being raiders. Raiding used to be something to ascend to, to work towards and become. in WOTLK it's little more than being able to hit looking for group, and the accept invite button. That is not what raiding used to be, and not what it should be about. Instead of using 24 people to get better gear, it should be about showing them what you're capable of doing, and that you appreciate their company and companionship. That feels removed

2. Moving all of world PvP into a zone, and then making that zone the longest cooldown of a battleground in the game. Ease of travel and abundance of fast flying mounts makes being in the world a rarity. The destruction of the relevance of the 2v2 bracket, and homogenizing nearly every class in talents and abilities.

3. Not a single world spawn, these were an awesome and exhilarating rush in vanilla when they spawned. I miss that and I fear they will not return in cataclysm either, and that is a true shame.

4. Hard mode raiding, I can't stand raiding the same instance four times a lockout, and worse calling it additional content to add another mode to previous content is nothing short of a crime. I can understand everyone wanting to raid, it's a really fulfilling experience the game has to offer. But in attempt to making raiding accessible to everyone it also belittled the experience for everyone. Imagine climbing to the top of mount Everest, that is a sight not many people can say they have taken in. There used to be a similar feeling to raiding when you watched the boss animation of an end instance boss for the first time. Now hard mode or not, everyone has had the experience which effectively removes both the thrill and the accomplishment. There is a big difference between sharing something with like minded peers, and sharing something with timmy the braindead kid down the road. Some things should have to be pursued and reached, not given to.

5. Badge farming from heroics, basically made heroic instances a treadmill which was not enjoyed but necessary. The addition of cross realm LFG added to this disposable 5 man feeling and mentality and the anonymity of cross realm groups allowed the scumbags of the community to come out and to breed. Allowing people to catch up on gear quickly might be a good thing however it removes from them the expertise and understanding they would have learned from the previous tier of raiding.

The Best

1. PvP ques from anywhere, very useful.
    2. Heirloom gear coupled with the constant nerfs made leveling alts a joke of an experience.

Honestly, I can't think of more things worth praise.
    Can't agree more, most social aspects of the game have been killed by this expansion.
    If it wasn't for the hardest fights guilds would be useless by now.

This mon proudly contributed to the legendary "Photoshopping GhostCrawler" thread.