Thread: Divine Plea

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Divine Plea

I have recently started to heal a lot more on my pally doing ToC 10/25 and up until now i have been avoiding using Divine plea since it reduces the healing done, How do i use it effectively to not make too much of an impact on my healing. Atm i use it with Divine Illumination and Avenging wrath so the healing isnt reduced too much and i gain more mana since im only using half of it while regening, but after this i have no other cooldowns to pop with Divine plea.

Can anybody help me please

Re: Divine Plea

Well, I would do the Avenging Wrath thing too when I pally heal, I would also probably pop some sort of SP trinket if possible, and start stocking up on mana pots? All I can think of. =x

Quote Originally Posted by Jinnai
    Well, I would do the Avenging Wrath thing too when I pally heal, I would also probably pop some sort of SP trinket if possible, and start stocking up on mana pots? All I can think of. =x
    lol thanks (:

Use it when you need to use it, unless you know you'll need to do extra healing (Gormok with Rising Anger, enraged Dreadscale, etc) then either use it before or after when there's a lull (burrowed worms, Icehowl does his leap to crash ppl, etc) Find times to fit it in, and worst case scenario yeah use it with wings up or Heroism up or a sp trinket. Otherwise, simply let the other healers know on Vent "Using Plea, extra healing on <your target> for a few, just like people call out for Innervate or if they're using Divine Hymn or what have you. Also you could make a /cancelaura macro to remove Divine Plea quickly in case you need to get a Holy Shock at full strength off or some such, and just use DP more often.

I honestly hardly ever hear about holydins having mana issues, so you may have to look at getting some more mp5 gear/using Mojo flasks if you aren't already to help out somewhat.
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Knight
    Use it when you need to use it, unless you know you'll need to do extra healing (Gormok with Rising Anger, enraged Dreadscale, etc) then either use it before or after when there's a lull (burrowed worms, Icehowl does his leap to crash ppl, etc) Find times to fit it in, and worst case scenario yeah use it with wings up or Heroism up or a sp trinket. Otherwise, simply let the other healers know on Vent "Using Plea, extra healing on <your target> for a few, just like people call out for Innervate or if they're using Divine Hymn or what have you. Also you could make a /cancelaura macro to remove Divine Plea quickly in case you need to get a Holy Shock at full strength off or some such, and just use DP more often.

I honestly hardly ever hear about holydins having mana issues, so you may have to look at getting some more mp5 gear/using Mojo flasks if you aren't already to help out somewhat.
    Thanks, i do try and look for breaks such as the burrow on Anub when im healing MT etc but on some fights there just are none. And this is just my offspec so no i dont have too much mana regen unfortunately

Most fights will have breaks, not necessarily breaks that mean no damage is taken, but breaks where less damage is taken.

Find those moments, you can use it even if you're at 90% mana, the cooldown is low(So it's sure to be up later on), so even if you only receive 10% mana, you still gained it, and you may not receive such an opportunity later in the fight.

Deleted

My advice is you make a cancelaura macro for it aswell, so you can cancel it with a fast keybutton instead of clicking it away at your buffs.

#Showtooltip Divine Plea
    /Cancelaura Divine Plea
    /Cast Divine Plea

Simply use this macro instead of Divine Plea from the spellbook. One button press activates it, a second button press cancels it. This has been very handy for me at least.

yeah the macro is nice indeed. Haste potions may also prove usefull during your Plea. You should be using it oftenly but not mindlesly. You can find time frames that you will not be hindering your raid with the mortalstrike debuff. bubble + Divine Sacrifice is also a neat thing to do while pleaing, besides the obvious Wings .
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I have two buttons for divine plea on my bar:

1st one is a macro including
    - Divine Plea
    - all of my trinkets
    - Avenging Wrath
    - Divine Illumination

2nd button is plain Divine plea, which i usually use between gormok and the worms (so far I havent found use of divine plea in anywhere else, except in anub before P3)

hope that helps!

I just simply cast through it. Ive only found it problematic to cast Divine Plea is Anub 10 P3, assuming 2 healers with me alone on tanks.

Use it smart, or don't, you can still put out considerable EHPS whilst plea is up (i regularly crit for 10k with plea up with by using it in conjunctiion with pands plea or tal of resurgence)

seeing as a large amount of your regular heals, even tank healing on most fights will be overheal, even with plea up you will find your effective HPS is similar, and around 30k mana unbuffed, you are still gaining a large chunk of mana when you cast through.

other than that, as people say, be smart, and melee where its appropriate (anub allows for a lot of mana regen simply by swinging at things), i can reliably cast very nearly none stop and just plea and swing at the adds in P2 and never re-enter P1 with less than 100% mana.

You can also blow a bubble-sac after you plea, if you don't have a particular time that you're saving it for.

Quote Originally Posted by Azyoulike
    You can also blow a bubble-sac after you plea, if you don't have a particular time that you're saving it for.
    that would be a 3 seconds GCD. i wouldn't recommend it

Quote Originally Posted by holii
    Why not??? Most people are not healing while Plea is up from the general consensus anyways. If you start with bubble, hit Sanc and then hit Plea you are allowing the raid to take less over all dmg in the first place while you are not healing. It is situational of course, but it is very useful.

As a lot of people have stated, since most of your heals as a paladin are overheals usually just popping it at 75-70% and healing through it is fine (unless its a heavy dmg moment or one is imminent). You also have to remember that your healing with 4-5 other healers in 25 man settings and unless they are awful they will be able to pick up the slack.

As other people mentioned though AW/DP combos are great since ur only losing 30% heals at that pt, and because of that easy to heal through at that pt.

Mainly it all comes down to proper gemming, speccing and gear as well. If you are spamming HL in a FoL build your going to be finding you have mana issues and such.

Also as a final note, if you glyph SoW and use it as your seal judging wisdom and just auto attacking a boss will return a ton of mana back in a short period of time. Im relatively undergeared as holy considering (26k unbuffed HL spec) and I can get back around 1100-1200 every 2-3 seconds while attacking a mob. Just dont be a idiot and attack gormok or something and get spell-locked for 8 seconds.

i honestly have never had a problem popping divine plea whenever. at this point with divine plea up my holy light still crits for 10k which is more than sufficient i've found. if you stack int popping divine plea and holy light spamming will often result in either no loss of mana or even a gain. as all the others have said if you know big damage is coming then dont use it lulls are good but use it as you need it.

here's my armory for comparison:http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...mar&n=Thoreaxe

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by spitfire668
    Why not??? Most people are not healing while Plea is up from the general consensus anyways. If you start with bubble, hit Sanc and then hit Plea you are allowing the raid to take less over all dmg in the first place while you are not healing. It is situational of course, but it is very useful.
    if you don't heal during Plea, that means there is not much damage taken, so it is worthless to pop bubble-sac. if there is enough damage taken to pop bubblesac, it means divine plea should not have been popped.

so either the damage is small enough to pop a plea, but too small to pop bubble-sac, or the damage is high enough to pop bubble-sac, but too high to pop Plea.

im using divine plea with wings (20% heal increase) the first time, then with a SP trinket + haste gloves from engineering. I save the mana reduction cost untill we use bloodlust/heroism. however, if we know when to use bloodlust u can time ur mana reduction CD to be used 2 times in 1 encounter, like beasts of northrend in TotC
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by holii
    that is IF he has 676 haste rating otherwise it will be even longer.

IT comes down to timing your cooldowns in moments of low incomming dmg for Mana regen en Mana saving/sp CD's in high incomming dmg.

i usually start with DI at ~90% and after that DP (using either wings of talisman of resurgeance at about 80% (depending on situation ofc)
    this way the CD's will be up again somewhere in the middle of the fight.

i currently have 31.5k unbuffed a few days ago while i was raiding ToTGC10 i found myself not even near 60% at any given time (i currently have 31.5k unbuffed) so i got rid of
    Libram of Renewal an got Veracity. still not getting me oom, now considering to get Glyph of Seal of Light instead of Wisdom but that might be too much for ICC.

further advice: Glyph if seal of wisdom, Libram of renewal, if you're really desperate then you could also spec 51/2/18 but that is really the last thing you want :P

Quote Originally Posted by RyanS
    Thanks, i do try and look for breaks such as the burrow on Anub when im healing MT etc but on some fights there just are none.
    I dare you name a fight where there is absolutely no time for DP