Thread: DamageMeters

DamageMeters

Anyone remember the mod DamageMeters, back in TBC and then it suddenly became no longer available? That mod was incredible - way better than Recount and I think they should bring it back. Anyone happen to know who makes it and perhaps anyway we can get him/her to start writing it again? Any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by niki View Post
    How is gay offensive? You know that gay has more meanings than just homosexual right. You should chill out and go smoke a fag.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: DamageMeters

recount is better than DamageMeter because in addition to damage metering it provides you with information about:
    -boss/mobs damage/healing done
    -last 5-6-7 seconds log of incoming damage/heal before anyone dies
    -friendly fire
    -activity
    -mana restored during the fight
    -etc.
    maybe i wasn't accurate while configuring my damagemeter in BC... but for me recount is way more cool than DM was.
    p.s. - overall damage / overall healing are not only parameters in fight. and they are not the main parameters. tank, for example, dies not for 8 minutes of battle but for 1-2-3 seconds.
    [Talisman of Resurgence] icon is made of small kitten's red eyes. each time you use the proc, the god kills two more kittens to refresh it's icon after cooldown.
    Holy Paladin trinket comparison

Back when damagemeters was around I remeber recount being horribly inaccurate. Im sure they have fixed the problems now, but as I recall, damagemeters had all or at least most of the information and options that recount has.
    How is gay offensive? You know that gay has more meanings than just homosexual right. You should chill out and go smoke a fag.

Since 3.3, it looks like even the newest recount is broken. When comparing recounts, everyone in the instance is coming up with different numbers and rankings and not by a little bit, but by a sizable amount. I don't know what the problem is, but they don't seem to be working well right now.

Anyone else notice this?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

it's a lie

Recount was, is (and will be probably) the best in-game damage meter around if memory usage doesn't matter (and if matter, you should consider to use no meters)

most of ppl used DamageMeter because it had an easy configuration (like X-Perl vs. Pitbull)

EDIT:Romulus: simply with 3.3 recount can't merge pets with their owners if they come from a different servers than yours

Quote Originally Posted by Romulos
    Since 3.3, it looks like even the newest recount is broken. When comparing recounts, everyone in the instance is coming up with different numbers and rankings and not by a little bit, but by a sizable amount. I don't know what the problem is, but they don't seem to be working well right now.

Anyone else notice this?
    Yep. I am always higher on my recount than in someone elses.

Yeah I was running the new heroics with my guild - all on same server - and everyones recounts were different

Quote Originally Posted by Martialis
    Back when damagemeters was around I remeber recount being horribly inaccurate. Im sure they have fixed the problems now, but as I recall, damagemeters had all or at least most of the information and options that recount has.
    You remember wrong i remember the classic dmgmeter issue with range.. if as an example i as a rogue had dmgmeter it wouldnt count the hunters dps 100% because they were to far away.. DMG meter was always useless..

It was a funny toy to check your own dps with.. Cause that it did indeed.. But the rest of the people´s dps and dmg was always inaccurat.. I remember switching to another dps meter lol had this dog in the ui terrible looking and worked crap but even taht was better..

DMGmeter was just never that good.. Nostalgia messing with your mind.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Spirion
    Yep. I am always higher on my recount than in someone elses.
    the same thing happens all times to me and before 3.3 was the same ;D

Recount is an amazing tool.

Shows who someone attacked, and the damage they dealt to them. also shown in %.
    Shows healing, overhealing and top healed targets.
    Shows Friendlyfire.
    Shows disspells and such.

and the biggie for a raidleader:
    Shows Death.
    Click your recount and get to the death pane. you can see the last couple of seconds of someones combatlog. This is such an effective tool since you can yell at dps for not moving out of fire. Yell at tanks for not hugging together at Marrowgar and one of the tanks gets a 35k saber lash, or yell at healers if the tank didnt get heals for 5 seconds.

if ur not familar with Recount learn it and love it. it shows so much more than the dps healing done that most people look out for.

IMO recount the best addon for any raidleader there is.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

After my recount not working, I just got "skada" seems decent enough.

One word.

Skada :-*

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

They all have the same problem now - the combat log itself is buggy as hell, and has been since 3.1. It doesn't always report all events, and sometimes even shuts down completely.

Beyond that, the main difference in damage meters is how they measure the duration of combat to figure DPS. Some go from first bit of damage dealt by you to last bit of damage dealt by you. Some go from when the system puts you into slowed regen (combat mode) until it puts you back into normal regen. Some mix and match, some ignore dots, etc, etc.

I believe Recount uses "First damage you do, to last direct damage you do" - ie, it ignores DoTs. I'm not sure of this - it's been over a year since Elsia last posted the info on how Recount figures dps.

I don't know how Skada or any of the others measure DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherfrost
    One word.

Skada :-*
    QFT.

Recount is actually way overly complicated if you start to play with the options under the hood. All the alternatives are currently junk though.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.