Mp5 and The Holy Pally Question

I think we all know that MP5 is a good regen stat for Holy Paladins but what is the Optimal number to have while in cast?? Most of the holy pallies in the top guilds dont have that high of mp5 (175mp5 to 200mp5 MAX while in cast)

And a trink question
    How do you guys Know the proc rates? and what program do you use to test/see them? I want to do it and get the information myself.

My armory is in my sig. TY

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Mp5 and The Holy Pally Question

if i need to heal, i have about 700mp5 not casting and 6xx something while casting. its awesome

i get mana back from crits and mp5. these are both more effective when i use DI.

im trying to gear up to heal longer, not more. thats why i dont look much to spellpower and more to intellect, crit and mp5.

I hate mp5 and I think it is a bad stat, but I take what blizz gives me

Quote Originally Posted by Bananengurke
    I hate mp5 and I think it is a bad stat, but I take what blizz gives me
    Why is it a bad stat? It allows you to generate mana faster, allowing you to heal longer without going OOM in record time. If anything, I think Blizz should put in a better mana reduction cost item for Holy Light.

It was bad, it's now alright.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

MP5 for holy pally's really depend upon your style of playing, but Replenishment is just heavenly. I get some where near 332mp5 from just stacking intellect because of replenishment in raid.

The FoL Pally in my guild only has 464 mp5 from just gear alone not counting replenishment or DP. I don't remember his total mana in raid otherwise I'd post it, but off the top of my head I believe he has 1300 mp5 if he uses DP every CD. For MP5 according to him he's content with the amount he has because he has been holy since the game first came out and it has been very difficult to make him cast anything but FoL on the main tank. I've watched his mana and he tends to never fall below 98%, but he's still pulling 2500hps on single target healing so no one bitches, especially since we don't have to bother watching the tanks health as much with him in raid.

As a HL pally stacking int is the way to go and avoiding most pieces of gear with mp5. Why? because if you rotate your CD's and use DP every CD, and are correctly geared and glyphed, MP5 is just not worth the gem or the haste/crit that you could get from gear instead. Calculating my trinkets, meta gem, mp5 while casting, DP, and replenishment I come out around 1688mp5 roughly if I use flask of pure mojo. 1684 if I use guru and elixir of many thoughts. I am not adding in talents or DI because I haven't figured out a decent calculation for ether. However if I had to add in Illumination I'd add in another 300 to 400 mp5 with holy light spamming. So 2k mp5 roughly?

And yes I'm still trying to drop some MP5 from my gear, just had some bad luck on weapons and plate gear lately, and I'm too lazy to change my helm and shoulder enchants.

As to your question about testing trinkets I myself don't due to lack of time so I check forums and wowhead. But usually trinkets that have a chance on proc have a 45 sec internal CD, "USUALLY". There are combat logs addons that show you when trinkets or abilities proc and when, but I have no knowledge of them.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rmoon&n=Prokne

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream
    It was bad, it's now alright.
    Yeh it was terrible, and now it's like a bad restaurant under new management, we still haven't forgiven it for being bad once. Mp5 is still a worse regen than Int, ie. you shouldn't stack it, however it's now better regen (budgetwise) than crit, so it's a damned fine pally stat.

Geif more haste+mp5 gear frankly

Haste > Mp5 > Crit (for item stats, considering all items have sp and int)

Quote Originally Posted by Raiss
    Haste > Mp5 > Crit (for item stats, considering all items have sp and int)
    I know that but I think we all know that MP5 is a good regen stat for Holy Paladins but what is the Optimal number to have while in cast?? Most of the holy pallies in the top guilds dont have that high of mp5 (175mp5 to 200mp5 MAX while in cast)

Quote Originally Posted by Skulldancer
    I know that but I think we all know that MP5 is a good regen stat for Holy Paladins but what is the Optimal number to have while in cast?? Most of the holy pallies in the top guilds dont have that high of mp5 (175mp5 to 200mp5 MAX while in cast)
    Some paladins use Solace of the defeated (either one or both versions) so thats a ton of extra, passive, mp5 that you get from the trinket. (144 from the heroic version alone). With Blessing of Wisdom and that trinket up all the time (which it is in raids) i have 395 mp5 while casting. So it can depend on your trinkets, normally a good mana regen mark is 200+ while casting (mine is only 159 without the Solace buff and wisdom atm)...but factoring in all raid buffs and replentishment, your mana should be golden.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Don't aim for any MP5 number. Pick up Haste/MP5 over Haste/Crit over Crit/MP5. What you end up with is what you end up with.

Seriously. Stick to the priority schedule and all will be well.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    Don't aim for any MP5 number. Pick up Haste/MP5 over Haste/Crit over Crit/MP5. What you end up with is what you end up with.

Seriously. Stick to the priority schedule and all will be well.
    this is exactly how i play and like he said all is fine and im the best danm healer we have in guild

Quote Originally Posted by cloudiroth
    this is exactly how i play and like he said all is fine and im the best danm healer we have in guild
    I hope your forum name is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Yooya
    I hope your forum name is a joke.
    offtopic but why is this?

15+ Year Old Account

you can easily change your item priorities just by watching on your fights.
    they are 2-3-4 minutes long? stack int, forget mp5.
    they are 6-7 minutes long(they are, except Anub in 10man or valkyrs)? use mp5.
    any amount of intellect can be converted to mp5 to see if some int trinket is better than mp5 trinket.
    personally, i have ~200mp5 while casting while not buffed +128 when my Solace is stacked. in raid it's nearby 428 with BoW. am i right with mana? yes. am i using Plea every gcd? no.

just take pen, paper and make some theory-crafting to decide which piece of gear is better, but do not take 60sec plea cd in your calculations. it is used every 120, maybe 180 seconds... but if you are forced to use it every cd, you're bad with your way to heal.

my friend is in guild where healers cannot make first tank to be alive on Gormok ToGC 3 stacks of debuff. it's nearby 60-70 second of battle. pallys in my friend's guild are topping recount with HL spam... but when they are using plea, other priests/druids/shammies can't save the tank.
    [Talisman of Resurgence] icon is made of small kitten's red eyes. each time you use the proc, the god kills two more kittens to refresh it's icon after cooldown.
    Holy Paladin trinket comparison