Page 1 of 3
LastLast

explosive trap: now the most OP aoe

yes i really feel its the strongest aoe in the game. the buff it got last patch has made its dmg HUGE! (for me we talk 12000 on every mob). and the best has yet to come.

we all know that if theres loads of mobs (onyxia whelps) the aoe dmg from volley and stuff goes down. BUT i noticed that explosive trap still deals 100% dmg no matter the amount of targets.
    its nothing big i just thought id share what i found out with other hunters... and also do you think its a bug? i was wondering if they are gonna remove this so it will work like the other AoE's again. whats your thoughts on this?

Re: explosive trap: now the most OP aoe

delete this thread if you like your aoe, there were no posts about this for a reason.
    Once Elendur of Arthas.

At least now they're removing it when you said it.

Volley is the best range AoE in the game, in terms of considering a Maxed out Hunter to any other class with a range AoE...he sais explosive trap hahaaha...

Quote Originally Posted by Djinra
    Volley is the best range AoE in the game, in terms of considering a Maxed out Hunter to any other class with a range AoE...he sais explosive trap hahaaha...
    lol fail troll is fail.

yes the trap is nice now, dont make em change it by pointing it out ><

Deleted

just gotta get blizzard to pull their thumb out of their ass and inplant a proper 21p SV talent = trap launcher

well its not like other aoe ... it has 30/24 second CD ( hunter is 75 :P ) volley, swipe, hurricane, blizzard dont have a CD...
    I dont think starfall reduces damage depending on amount of mobs
    along with things like hellfire ect...

tbh i thinking its fine... when you say best aoe... ret paladin 2 part 2t10 undead mobs thats insane :P

Vote Pengu for president!
    "For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons."

Quote Originally Posted by shags the penguin
    well its not like other aoe ... it has 30/24 second CD ( hunter is 75 :P ) volley, swipe, hurricane, blizzard dont have a CD...
    I dont think starfall reduces damage depending on amount of mobs
    along with things like hellfire ect...

tbh i thinking its fine... when you say best aoe... ret paladin 2 part 2t10 undead mobs thats insane :P

Starfall does reduce in dmg.

IIRC the aoe put on the ground

Conc/Trap etc don't reduce in number depending on mobs numbers

traps coming in from the air do.

I'm pretty sure Seed of Lol is the best AoE out there,

especialy when the lock is demo <3
    Unholy Death Knight says hi.

I must agree, Explosive Trap + Volley = Win ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost
    meta lock says hi
    Quote Originally Posted by MildCorma
    I found myself in a magical setup the other week and my damage dropped through the floor like a 90 year olds tits

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost
    Yeah, Lock aoe > DK aoe. One of our locks saw 16k dps on anub 25 heroic this week.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

AoEs are capped at ten targets worth of damage. How many fights contain more than ten targets? It doesn't really matter it that ability doesn't have a cap.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed
    Yeah, Lock aoe > DK aoe. One of our locks saw 16k dps on anub 25 heroic this week.
    we got feral druids doing 25k+ dps on trash in icc (after lady dw)

Deleted

lol Retri is most OP aoe at the moment.
    T10+SoC+Divinestorm >>>>> all

6-8 mobs = 20k dps no problem

DS spam is pretty sexy. Seed Spam + Immolation Aura is the highest AOE dps in game right now as far as I know though. You can break 25k on 6 targets. Unholy DK and Assassination Rogues need a ton of targets to pass up Paladins and Locks. Basically they need enough for the single target damage they spread to pass the 40k+ bursts from Locks and lolspam from Paladins.

explosive trap ninja nerf
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy
    just gotta get blizzard to pull their thumb out of their ass and inplant a proper 21p SV talent = trap launcher
    man that would just be freakin' nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinni
    we got feral druids doing 25k+ dps on trash in icc (after lady dw)
    Not sustainable though. I managed to pull 36k on one pack of the new trash on the way into the plagueworks, but that's absolutely useless for bosses (such as anub) because the only way to achieve such numbers is by popping berserk, spamming swipe and hoping for your trinkets to proc. Insane dps for 20-30 seconds, but after that most other classes overtake you.

In my experience rets/unholy dks have been the highest on aoe, but the warlock aoe sounds interesting, haven't seen that :>

Most hunters I've seen haven't heard about the trap buff and just sit there casting volley while im using trap+volley and doing like 4k more dps than them. Its good for e-peen flexing during rep farming in ICC and the such.
    <Decidedly Uncouth> Horde Mal'Ganis