Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Alliance turtling every wsg makes me laugh so hard

No easier way to win a wsg than to control the field. Thanks for the easy wins.

Oh, and what absolutely *slays* me is allis try to pretend like they turtle because they're smart and strategic.

Oh ya, you turtled all those games you were already losing 0-2 because that's good strategy rofl. It's like you just want me to get my 3 marks.

It must be embarassing to be alliance.

Re: Alliance turtling every wsg makes me laugh so hard

I can say the same thing about horde on my battlegroup so its not just the alliance like that

Cool story bro. Alliance in your battlegroup = all alliance amirite? But we're happy you won your WSG. The other day I got my PvP daily done in like 30 seconds because I joined a winning bg at the last second! Clap for me
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

Wow... generalizations ftw

I forgot that there's only one Battlegroup now. Thanks for the reminder!
    Praise Raptor Jesus!!

I'm 143-49 in WSG.

Because I have a good record and I'm Alliance, this means that Alliance completely dominates WSG across all Battlegroups 100% of the time.

C WUT AM DOIN HUR?

I'm 143-49 in WSG.
    Rofl everyone has a good record in bgs thanks to /afk

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ofmanv
    I don't see your logic.

That wasn't my point at all, but ok.

And no, I don't afk. While someone will twist this into something else as well more than likely, I've gotten 152 flag captures and 204 flag returns while "afking."

Keep at the poor trolling though.

I've gotten 152 flag captures and 204 flag returns while "afking."
    Rofl I have that on at least 7 alts that aren't even level 80 yet. Sereus bidniz.

Learn what he meant by /afk.

/afk will leave the BG

Oh noes we are going to lose and it will upset by awesome win record!! /afk

Oh yay we are winning i will stay!!

Sorry but your win / loss stats in a system such as this is completely useless.

The amount of times I see players leave a BG even though the game is about to end is incredible. They clearly leave so it won't 'upset' their stats (the stats that nobody reads or cares about apart from themselves).

LOL

Here is the deal. After the second cap, it's pretty obvious you're going to lose if you're getting nuked by the other team that, either through gear or gameplay, is better somehow. Therefore, you decide to make them work for that third cap by turtling in the base. It's not that your faction really thinks they're going to win; they would just like a final chance to do some damage rather than going out to a pointless 1 vs 7 death below the graveyard.

And, having played often enough, I know that it isn't only allies who turtle in the base sometimes.

Some people just don't want to accept that sometimes you win one, and sometimes you lose. Unless you have a cast miracle spell in your spellbook that is glyphed for bonus miracles on every swing, you're simply not going to win all of the time.

The only people who should be embarrassed about it are those who spend 75% of their time telling their own team how much they "suck," but when you check, they are in the middle (or wose, at the bottom) of the scoreboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by zizfizziks
    Way back in the beginning of vanilla I met a guy on a SM Cathedral run that was doing awful dps as a warlock. We asked him what was up and he said: "Dunno how you guys click those skills so fast. It's hard to remember which page they're on and pick a new target."

That's right, this guy was actually keeping the spellbook open while playing and clicking the icons in the spellbook. After we explained the hotbar to him and dragging skills onto the hotkey icons he improved instantly, but man... some people. 30ish levels that guy had been using the spellbook.

If you think I AFK games to save my record, then check my SotA/AB records. :P

WSG was/still is pretty much dominated by Alliance on Vengeance. I won't sit here and say I never afk'd a game in those ~200, but I didn't do it to "save" my record.

10+ Year Old Account

hey guys, lets argue with battlemasters about bg's!

Look up, see the buzzards circling?

I'm on Magtheridon and Alliance win WSG all the time. I can't do the Call To Arms achievement because Call to arms WSG is impossible. I'm not complaining (I'm kinda resigned to it lol, and the solution is just not to do WSG) but I'm curious what causes such skews in some battlegroups. And it isn't unique to alliance, I've heard one alliance (not sure about realm) saying that horde always win in their battlegroup.
    Roses are red, Violets are blue,
    Some poems rhyme, this one doesn't.

Oh, and what absolutely *slays* me is allis try to pretend like they turtle because they're smart and strategic.

Oh ya, you turtled all those games you were already losing 0-2 because that's good strategy rofl. It's like you just want me to get my 3 marks.

and id like to thank you for turtles in av i need all the hk's for armor wepons i can get and you all standing there makes it so much easyer for me to get them. but i guess im just generalizing but thanks anyway!!!
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Korialstrasz&cn=Volbeat. im a bad and ill be coming to a raid or a 5 man near you.

10+ Year Old Account

Where are the turtles in wsg, I can't find any :<

Quote Originally Posted by Serryn
    hey guys, lets argue with battlemasters about bg's!

Battlemaster doesn't really prove anything about BGs...that being said, I agree with Sam and the Original Poster is an idiot.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Threads like this make me lol so hard. I hear 2 examples of something will prove things nowadays.