Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Are Warrior tanks obsolete or useless now?

Quote Originally Posted by Racetrack
    At the end of random heroics i often get a line like "a good warrior tank for once". I get that a couple of times a week.

In the hands of a skilled player who knows his class and to utilize all the abilities (of which there are many) then there is no better than the warrior tank. Unfortunately these are few and far between. Most are Fury warriors who got duel spec and a shield. This gives warrior tanks a bad rep.

However most of the top guilds still run with a Warrior MT and that says it all really. The other 3 classes, especially Pala's and Druids are easy to play which gives others who DPS and Heal the false sense of belief that they are better than the harder to play Warrior. That's not true.

We're also much more attuned to raid boss tanking. Sunders, demo shouts, disarms and so on.
    This is what I was going to post. Well composed.

Regarding the perks of warrior tanking - sunder alone is something to excite all other physical dps class's.

Deleted

Being kicked for heroic ? Hell that's absurd.

I can pull alot of mob and hold them as a pally, war tanking requires more skill than the others, indeed the funniest to play IMHO.

If you want the isi way roll a pally

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

I have druid, paladin and death knight tanks I play regularly.

Warriors are where all tanks should be. Only "real" advantage in a raid setting is the fact that they apply sunder armor so a dps doesn't have to do it. Despite being the lowest dps tank, a rogue or warrior being able to remove it from their rotation more than makes up for it.

Druids are slightly OP in a raid setting due to their health and armor, but anyone who thinks their threat is easy, well, you try generating threat on a group of casters when you're the only tank without a ranged silence. Consecrate and Death and Decay vastly outdo Swipe for threat gen.

Death Knights are slightly behind other tanks in survivability in my experience, but it's not nearly as bad as most think it is. It really is very minor. Their threat is really top notch if you have a clue how to play it, and in heroics/trash they only fall behind due to no block.. I think everyone can agree that block is a broken mechanic.

Paladins - Massive front loaded threat, no resource to worry about, survivability cooldowns that don't even require pushing a button, aoe silence for caster groups, huge damage, 100% of attacks blocked if not avoided, the Ardent Defender passive damage reduction not being in line with Will of the Necropolis.. well.. paladins are overpowered. No, warriors are not underpowered. They are not useless. DKs are mostly fine, druids are alright, paladins are just overpowered.

Far from useless, it just has to be done right. A good comparison would be rogues and feral druids. Both are similiar in their roles but one is easy to master, another is more difficult. Prot Paladin is so easy that Corky from Life Goes On could do well with it. Warrior can be easy once you get used to it but you have less room for failure. Just like Feral Druids have potential to outdps rogues if done right, a good prot warrior is far more useful then a good prot paladin.

1) Warriors are still the most widly used tank, according to blue posts statistics when the devs have addressed this.

2) Personal experience, our MT is a warrior and he still rocks.

3) Pallies being OP......All wrath did was give paladins a shield wall and a reverse last stand, and more than consecrate for aggro. All the other mechanics have stayed excarly the same. I love how the WoW Cult says anything that puts paladins on the same level playing field makes them OP. All it did was give paladins what warriors and druids already had.

i dnt like warrior tank cos ur fret is v. bad nd y would i want bad fret it means low dps

pala has nice aoa fret, group buff, etc

i like

pala tank
    druid tank
    warrior tank

in dat order

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Brominator
    i dnt like warrior tank cos ur fret is v. bad nd y would i want bad fret it means low dps

i like

pala tank
    druid tank
    warrior tank

in dat order
    Wow.
    Just wow.
    YEAH WARRIOR FRET IS REL BAD GAIS.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

@OP QFT you dont know what your talking about, stop playing the game.

DK tanks: Howling Blast Face Roll

Pala Tanks: Hammer Face Roll

Druid Tanks: Swipe Face Roll

Warrior Tanks: Brain Food Needed!

Quote Originally Posted by Skiball
    1) Warriors are still the most widly used tank, according to blue posts statistics when the devs have addressed this.

2) Personal experience, our MT is a warrior and he still rocks.

3) Pallies being OP......All wrath did was give paladins a shield wall and a reverse last stand, and more than consecrate for aggro. All the other mechanics have stayed excarly the same. I love how the WoW Cult says anything that puts paladins on the same level playing field makes them OP. All it did was give paladins what warriors and druids already had.
    a passive bark skin once below 35% which effects hits which take them below 35% and a passive guardian spirit puts them on par? tons more damage and threat you cant really dispute the fact that paladin tanks are OP

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Brominator

in dat order
    seem you hate grammar instead of warrior

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

I'm not going by what other people say, I'm going by personal experience.

All Wrath did was give paladins a shield wall, a guaranteed live through any damage whatsoever ability they don't even have to think about using, a third defensive cooldown if glyphed (and you should be for real content) and block being buffed like crazy, twice, on top of infinite mana and two new attack abilities for more threat.

What encounters are warrior not capable of MT'ing?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Separate
    @OP QFT you dont know what your talking about, stop playing the game.
    i do hope he isnt serious

Quote Originally Posted by dcemuser
    Wow.
    Just wow.
    YEAH WARRIOR FRET IS REL BAD GAIS.
    this.

I'd much prefer a warrior tank over a pally tank, but it really matters on the situation. like festergut, where the tanks take a whole lot of damage. It also falls on who has the most health i guess.

Paladins - Massive front loaded threat, no resource to worry about, survivability cooldowns that don't even require pushing a button, aoe silence for caster groups, huge damage, 100% of attacks blocked if not avoided, the Ardent Defender passive damage reduction not being in line with Will of the Necropolis.. well.. paladins are overpowered. No, warriors are not underpowered. They are not useless. DKs are mostly fine, druids are alright, paladins are just overpowered.
    So should all dps be nerfed to have damage in line with the lowest dps class?

No..

Edit: No. I'm not going to get mad. Edited because I realized you're trolling.

I have been tanking In WoW for 5 years now, I have played all 4 tanks at end game. Ease of use Druid is probably the top dog (swipe spam?) then paladin then DK and Warrior. Mitigation use is probably pally > warrior > druid DK. And Skill needed Warrior definitly still tops the cake.

But think of it like this, Warriors when played right, are still THE best tanks in my opinion. Paladins come close second and are super easy to play right so most call them the best. Druid and DK CAN tank anything paladins and Warriors can, if they have good players behind them... 90% of wow players suck at tanking, so do the math

Quote Originally Posted by Astray
    If a warrior tank charges into a group and gets 1.5 seconds, everything is safe and secure. Cleave and clap, no prob.
    You 'average group of great dps' starts attacking while you charge making sure that

- your thunderclap does not hit them all
    - mobs are pulled out of shockwave
    - the warrior tank gets completely rage starved
    That is so true, but if i try to explain it to a crazy dpser i will get called noob and told to L2P my class. They dont seem to understand the rage starvation= i cant use skills concept, for example when they use army of the dead and i receive 0 damage thanks to it.

Quote Originally Posted by exdeath202
    That is so true, but if i try to explain it to a crazy dpser i will get called noob and told to L2P my class. They dont seem to understand the rage starvation= i cant use skills concept, for example when they use army of the dead and i receive 0 damage thanks to it.
    you just need to learn to use your aoe taunt after a few when that happens. it brings your threat WAY up when they use it. sure, you Lose the Rage, but you dont need to worry about threat after aotd is done.

Strange, every day i can find more and more useless and strange topics. Kicked for being war tank from heroic? U sure? Or were those guys sure that they ll get pala tank instead u? or maybe u are 12 k hp tank from the past? Or in mail armor etc.etc.
    The only prob in war is lesser dps than other tank's dps. I bet it will be checked somedays. Anyway cry for dps as tank is meaningless.