Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Holy Paladin Mana Pool

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherPaladin
    I use the effect of silver ice
    lol, What? that effect is worthless by the way, though i will say that the trinket is useless. But there are of course two things to think of here. there are 2 kinds of holy pallys, which stack very different stats. If you are going to be a holy light spammer, than you should indeed be stacking int, as well as grabbing as much haste gear as you can. If you will be a flash of light spammer, than you should be gemming and choosing your gear based on the SP. So decide which you want to be, and stop going half SP/Int.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenko
    10 stats is the worst enchant for holy.
    10 stats = 10 int = 12.1 int raid buffed/talented = 181.5 mana (going to stop here due to the next enchant)
    250 mana (obviously better than 181.5 mana) = 5.2ish mp5 (DP usage gives 62.5 mana per minute)
    so last enchant is 10 mp5 which last I checked, 10>5.2ish
    You are leaving out the fact that 10 stats gives sp and crit. Also forgetting the regen from replinishment. Both 10 stats and 250 mana are viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Conquestaxe
    You are leaving out the fact that 10 stats gives sp and crit. Also forgetting the regen from replinishment. Both 10 stats and 250 mana are viable.
    To add on that you get 100 more hp with 10 stats.
    Remember
    EVERY HP COUNTS even your own lol.
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    I'm not sure why you would think it would be. I've done the HM versions of these fights on 10 man (minus LK - no kill, but have put in serious attempts) and my guild is working on them currently for 25 (again, minus LK - no serious attempts there though).

The difference between Tears and Sliver is a trade of regen (Tears) for SP (Sliver). From my experience, HM LK is mana intensive as hell and, while I can see the mana demands of HM Sindragosa and HM Professor going down once the fight has been mastered, they certainly are no cakewalk during the learning curve. There are very few fights where I would pick SP over Regen. It would have to be very solidly on farm (to the point of being a total breeze) or something weirdly one off like Dreamwalker.

Really though, my point in bringing up Tears was just as an example. The reality is that if you're working on these latter HMs, you should be running at least one Solace. And if you're working on these bosses and don't have one at all, your guild should still be doing weekly clears of TotGC.
    We do do TotGC weekly, but that trinket does not exist. Same bad loot every week... over and over. I'd totally equip Solace if it ever dropped. Similarly a lot of our melee still use 245 DC because that trinket doesn't exist either, and our MT just in the last 2 weeks got H Juggernaut's Vitality due to the endangered species status of that lol.

On HM Professor and Sindragosa I have no mana problems. I mean, we haven't downed it yet due to random fuckups at sub 10%, but I have absolutely no mana issues on them. Not that it matters anymore I guess since I am going casual once again.

15+ Year Old Account

@Iamafk
    Sindragosa and Prof are not the fights where you'll run out of mana (except this is progression raid). these fights are hard - but not because of mana problems.
    on sindragosa you'll be meleeing boss half the fight because of Tombs on flight phase (no damage there, only one-shots) and because of Magic debuff on the first phase. on Prof you can heal the tank/raid with flashes the whole pre-35% phase, switching to HL only when plague is going to kill someone etc. usually you are starting third phase of Sindragosa/Prof fight with 84-100% mana. that's more than enough to heal last 35% of the boss.
    [Talisman of Resurgence] icon is made of small kitten's red eyes. each time you use the proc, the god kills two more kittens to refresh it's icon after cooldown.
    Holy Paladin trinket comparison

@OP:

IMO your mana pool is rather low for your gear. It's pretty easy to get around 35k+ unbuffed with just 232/245 gear and you have some 251. Here's a few ideas:

1. T9 sucks for holy imo, get a crafted chest. Sunforged Breastplate is decent, but in all honesty, the mail armor, Ensorcelled Nerubian Breastplate is a bit better due to having Haste.
    2. 245 Helm is a nice alternative.
    3. Even Titan-forged cloak is better then that one, for slot is yellow and adds sp bonus.
    4. Gem second head slot with Nightmare Tear, all other gems period (besides meta) should be 20 int (unless JC in which case 3 = dragons eye thing).
    5. Sunforged Bracers, gemmed with int, enchanted with sp.
    6. Althor's isn't that snazzy to me. Imo, Tears of the Vanquished, Solace of the Fallen, Sliver of Pure Ice are probbably better choices.
    7. ilevel 200 libram > 245 libram
    8. Get shoulder/helm enchants.
    9. Love's Prisoner is a better neck.