how r rated bgs considered pvp

Everyone says that the whole point of bgs is to do objectives not farm hks so how is that pvp

Oh look at my leet 2200 rated flag capping skeelz woah

Re: how r rated bgs considered pvp

some bg's were pvp is encouraged like ab and wsg i can see it working but the pve vehicle ones give me a break, those r terrible.

Essentially, you want to kill everyone in order to cap the flag. However, this usually ends up becoming uneven zerg-fests in parts of the map where combat becomes 1v3, 1v4, 2v3, 2v4, 2v5, etc. People who can't kill others in pvp combat effectively generally say that they're busy completing battleground objectives to make it seem like they're being productive, when they're usually 0-5, and thus unable to cap anything at all.

OMG I HAVE A "COOL" WOW SIGNATURE

ITT: Arena children, who think that the only possible way to play a competitive game is with the objective of incapacitating your enemy.

Tell me, are the only sports you watch wrestling and boxing? I mean, who on this planet watches football (both American and non) or baseball? Crazy motherfuckers can't have alternate objectives...that's just wrong, ya know?

I think it is PvP when you gather allies to FIGHT other people, enemies let's say.

Your saying if I kill that noob warlock, it's not PvP?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

HOW IS THE OP SO GOOD AT WOW

ITT: Arena children, who think that the only possible way to play a competitive game is with the objective of incapacitating your enemy.

Tell me, are the only sports you watch wrestling and boxing? I mean, who on this planet watches football (both American and non) or baseball? Crazy motherfuckers can't have alternate objectives...that's just wrong, ya know?
    Like I said before, you can't complete BG objectives without killing people (except in probably IOC/AVzerg, which can essentially be considered PVE considering you can play the entire game without seeing a single enemy besides NPCs). Good luck capping a flag when there's three people hitting you.

While baseball and football(nonamerican) aren't necessarily "hardcore" contact sports, World of Warcraft PvP generally requires killing people in-game whether to complete objectives or not.

The best strategy in arena is to wait for the other team to come to you in many games... I've waited as long as 20 minutes before the enemy team decided to attack.

Deathmatch is flawwed if only for this simple point. Thus, rated BG will not only be "pvp" but it will be BETTER PVP than arena without contest. Unless all your games in arena are 46 minute draws, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by hx9
    The best strategy in arena is to wait for the other team to come to you in many games... I've waited as long as 20 minutes before the enemy team decided to attack.

Deathmatch is flawwed if only for this simple point. Thus, rated BG will not only be "pvp" but it will be BETTER PVP than arena without contest. Unless all your games in arena are 46 minute draws, you're doing it wrong.
    I don't know what rating you're playing at, but many teams are happy to charge in.

well.. there are people... hitting other people.. i think that covers the PvP part umm... next thread?

Quote Originally Posted by romant
    some bg's were pvp is encouraged like ab and wsg i can see it working but the pve vehicle ones give me a break, those r terrible.
    There is plenty of pvp in strand still, and lots of people enjoy it even if you don't