Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Ulduar far more interesting than ICC

Quote Originally Posted by drulz
    People said that Ulduar was fucking terrible when it came out and now its the best thing ever? Shit confuses me ???
    People will bever make up their minds, period. people just like to complain, we all do it one way or another.

I quite like ICC, it has a few bosses thats just meh, but so did MC, ZG, BWL, AQ20, AQ40, Original Naxx, Kara, SSC, TK, MH, BT, ZA, SWP, "new" Naxx, Ulduar and ToC. No raid will ever be perfect all the way through. And there will always be people not liking one and loving the other. We'll see it in Cata as well, you might find a raid so awesome you go all spastic and start shadking whenever you think about it, while others will complain about it and rant on about how bad it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectro
    you only did 4/12 that is what i tink =p
    have you seen the spire? the bloodqueen quarter? the lich king zone? Ulduar was epic but ICC has its own feeling

i only tink that WoTLK lacks things like that spire leading to Kil'Jaeden after M'uru, i remember the first time i went there it was an awesome feeling =D
    or the opening of the illidan doors, or that huge statue with a million mobs around it after supremus

the only thing that can relate to that in wotlk is having the lich king at 10% and all the raid dead then his father revives us and we all kill him while magic forces hold him in the air, that was the most awesome moment i have ever seen in wow for sure
    11/12 in 25 (ugh) and 8/12 HMs in 10 man

I agree, Ulduar seems like a really cool place.

At the same time, ICC is the LICH KINGS home, of course it all looks scary, that's the whole design.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

15+ Year Old Account

What the hell is happening?
    One year ago all people whined about how easy/bad etc. Ulduar is and now everybody loves it?

I think the thing that sets Ulduar apart was the concept of hardmodes. Activating a hardmode was sometimes the hardest part of the fight. Switching it to heroic mode is stale in comparison. Furthermore, there were different degrees of difficulty that helped lead you into the next level of hardmode difficulty. Honestly I think losing that depth with the switch to heroic modes was a huge mistake on blizzards behalf. I would also agree with the people who say that in Ulduar you feel like you are working towards an ultimate goal with the way the dungeon is setup, something ICC doesn't have.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg
    One year ago all people whined about how easy/bad etc. Ulduar is and now everybody loves it?
    In 1 year they'll be praising ICC.

I call it the "Karazhan law of Nostalgia"
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

I could not agree more. Not only did Ulduar have more "substance", and a much more ominous feeling to it. But rather than dividing the raid into "10-25, 10-25 Heroic" they gave you the option in both 10-25 to alter the raid encounter right then, which in the end made the raid tons more interesting.

ICC felt "Here's a room, here's a boss, next."

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist
    In 1 year they'll be praising ICC.

I call it the "Karazhan law of Nostalgia"
    For the record I still vividly remember the boredom of doing the weekly badge farm of Kara =P. However I am wickedly nostalgic for ZA and BT

GOOOD NEWS EVERY1 .... Icecrown Citadell is the most lamest instance in the Wotlk pack ... even Azjol'nerub the set back for anub'arak was funner .... God damn it ... i miss 3.0.3 -> 3.2 Not many emblems but now it's ALL emblems

And ulduar was much more cooler designed then ICC ... i mean ... who cares that it's 100% of a bonestorm every week in ulduar ... it's like 10% that a death god will be revived ....

Btw ... What do raid bosses do when we're not doing them? Poker any1?

Quote Originally Posted by muffinboy
    Btw ... What do raid bosses do when we're not doing them? Poker any1?
    They Craft loot ofc!

I actually like ICC over ulduar for some reason. Perhaps the nostalgia is getting to you, but ICC is pretty well done and the fights are pretty challenging on HMs. Not that Yogg+0 was/is easy at all.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

Quote Originally Posted by Horrify
    Firefighter and Algalon are the two most fun fights I've ever done in WotLK. Everything in ICC is just "meh," even Putricide.
    Funny how you never even tried Putri HC yourself..

On topic though, I really enjoyed Ulduar more as a whole, it really felt like an epic experience when you were there, fightwise and lorewise.

I must agree with what pretty much everyone says. Ulduar was really intriguing with its combination of interesting lore and great mechanics. ICC on the other hand doesn't have as much lore "per boss" (i.e. who the fuck is Marrowgar compared to Freya).

Seeing as they have totally different "themes" makes them hard to compare, Ulduar being on the more "joyful" side. Both look good, but Uld still has the higher grounds due to background IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamiel View Post
    Simple question what healer gives you personally the biggest headache in pvp?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobajobjob View Post
    I play a ret paladin, so my answer is this:

Yes.

10+ Year Old Account

Everyone got their own opinions, I msyelf enjoy icecrown citadel alot more than ulduar.
    In TBC I got tired of karazhan after a few clears, loved serpentshrine cavern and tempest keep.

In vanilla, well blackwing lair ofcourse. Still is the (imo) the best raid ever done.
    I cant vote for naxx(40) or AQ40, as I didnt do much of those at lvl 60.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg
    I think people whined about the nerfs mostly...

Quote Originally Posted by Deviltry
    I think people whined about the nerfs mostly...
    They always whine about the nerfs, as if they are something new and never happened in the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Personally, I originally felt like this, but then I sort of changed my opinion. In the case of Ulduar, which was very cool, the scenery (and abrupt change of scenery) fit in Ulduar because of the different bosses there (such as Freya, Hodir, etc.). In the case of ICC, this is where the Lich King hangs out with his most powerful crew. As such, I think that a place like that would be little more than a large fortified structure (i.e. no lush scenery or really scenery of any kind as I dont think the Lich King cares for that stuff). Also fight wise, I like alot of the design mechanics used in ICC. BQL is very fun as a dps, Valithria as heals, Blood Princes was a cool idea etc. I also thought that LK was tuned very well (killed him on 10 man with 245/251 gear as intended). Personally I had been waiting a long time to bring him down, and I felt very accomplished when we were finally able to. I don't care who you are, I think the first time that you kill the encounter you are bound to be excited if you so much as have a pulse.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrra2012
    I don't care who you are, I think the first time that you kill the encounter you are bound to be excited if you so much as have a pulse.
    Personally, it depends on the fight. For example, when my guild killed the first four bosses on the first day of ICC, the only excitement was that there was 264 loot. But for fights like Putricide and the Lich King, of course people are going to be excited on their first downing. Same goes for heroics (minus Gunship)

Quote Originally Posted by drulz
    People said that Ulduar was fucking terrible when it came out and now its the best thing ever? Shit confuses me ???
    Who the hell said it was fucking terrible? I am a huge Vanilla fan and even I loved Ulduar. WolK has been pretty much downhill since Ulduar.

Maybe you were confusing the bitching about vehicles with Ulduar as a whole.

omg i thought i was the only 1 who thought this ;D yessss the celestial statues, the awesome boss models, the extremely fun fights( especially mimiron and FL hm's) i must admit i absolutely love proffeser putricide fight but other than that i think ulduar is hands down my favorite raid ive ever done(well ZA is up there too) algalon has 1 of the coolest models and scenary in his room ive ever seen even though ive nvr done em imo, frogger 2.0 was even better than naxx frogger, mimiron trash was ridiculous yet fun w/ the vehicles and watnot, gah just brings up so many cool memories, icc id give a 7/10 ulduar 10/10 toc like 5/10 maly 9/10 os 6/10 naxx 3/10