Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Your suggestions/wishes for shaman come Cata?

I tried to read all the posts, but this was probably suggested here or somewhere else already.

Why not remove the concept of 1 totem of each element? Lets say we can drop 4 totems, and they can be any totems. For example, DK has WF Totem covered, well then I'm dropping Searing Totem along with magma for extra damage. It makes us the buff filler class, and if we don't really have buffs to fill, we can add to our DPS by using DPS driven totems instead.

Obviously a lot of kinks would have to be worked out. Fire Nova? Maybe that should just emanate from the shaman themselves (could even add a cool graphic to it so it doesn't look like a gimp hellfire, I'm thinking shaman blows up into fire like SPriest disperse and reforms in less than a GCD and you can't move while it happens). I think the concept would be cool, it would give us things to consider and give us versatility. Risk is shamans QQing everytime they need to cover buffs instead of being able to put down DPS totems.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy
    IMO just scrap Spiritwalker's Grace and come up with something more imaginative.
    Walking and casting isn't exciting.
    Are you high!?!?! If you are enhancement it may not be as much of a game changer, but seriously, this spell will be amazing.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by albuli77
    I tried to read all the posts, but this was probably suggested here or somewhere else already.

Why not remove the concept of 1 totem of each element? Lets say we can drop 4 totems, and they can be any totems. For example, DK has WF Totem covered, well then I'm dropping Searing Totem along with magma for extra damage. It makes us the buff filler class, and if we don't really have buffs to fill, we can add to our DPS by using DPS driven totems instead.

Obviously a lot of kinks would have to be worked out. Fire Nova? Maybe that should just emanate from the shaman themselves (could even add a cool graphic to it so it doesn't look like a gimp hellfire, I'm thinking shaman blows up into fire like SPriest disperse and reforms in less than a GCD and you can't move while it happens). I think the concept would be cool, it would give us things to consider and give us versatility. Risk is shamans QQing everytime they need to cover buffs instead of being able to put down DPS totems.
    It was suggested in the first post. :]

Glyph of Stoneclaw to a talent

So it does not take a glyph slot

As far as pvp goes I don't think enhance or ele needs any more offensive capabilities. Because of this we get trained immediately. Both specs can already do some massive burst damage. I would like to see some defensive abilities though. I would like to be able to drop totems, purge, and wind shear while in ghost wolf. In a lot of the long matches mana becomes an issue because I have to break ghost wolf to drop earthbind, stoneskin, grounding and then immediately ghost wolf again.

For pve the fact that I have the same SP solo as I do in a 10 man as I do in most 25's is a little alarming. Some scaling would be nice >

Deleted

Im glad many posters here are actually not blizz developers :P

I like the totems the way they are. And I hope we never see totems who follow you.
    Though I would love to see more new things with totems. Fire nova is a good example.

totems are essential for the shaman flair.
    however, totems performing things other classes do as well, is boring.

totems following you: no. not gonna happen. blizzard does not want to take that step, as it would shift the whole totem system into a more aura-like thingy.

that´s why im of the opinion to make buffing totems into spells. there is nothing special about having a short range attackable "aura" sitting at your feet, which you have to recast every few meters you walk.

imo make totems which provide buffs ( which can also be brought by other classes ) into spells, and enforce the active totems, such as searing totem, or earthbind, to be more useful in pvp.

i can imagine enhancement using following spells in cata.
    -msw5 lvb/lb/cl currently: -msw5 lb/cl
    -fs/es -fs/es
    -ss -ss
    -ll -ll
    -st ( searing totem ) -ls (lightning shield)
    -fn ( which would be merged with magma ) -mt (magma totem)
    -uw ( unleash weapon ) -fn

pretty much the same amount of abilities.
    -we´d have to fit in a msw5 lvb whenever it´s off cd ( lets consider it will be worth to use )
    -shocking remains the same, alternating between fs/es, with the possiblity of having to refresh the dot earlier ( because of lvb )
    -ss/ll remains the same, with ll possibly having higher cd, and doing a little more dmg maybe.
    -lightning shield leaves our prio-list, because of infinite charges, and we´d get searing instead, a 1 minute duration single target spell, because magma leaves our prio-l as well ( merging with fn )
    -fn remains the same, with the exception it will be used more reliably ( because not unmovable anymore and not requiring mt to be used )

so with my suggestions, we would have totems like searing used in pve/pvp, with us being able to use 2-3 of our current pve totems as spells ( maybe 2 pve buffs and one resistance spell.. )
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Some Changes:

• Fire Elemental
    • Summons a Fire Elemental to attack the shamans enemies. Lasts 30 seconds. 2 minute cooldown.
    • Moltenfire: Engulfs the target in fire, dealing % of the shamans Intellect in damage and doing 50% of the damage done over 12 seconds. 8 second cooldown. Dispelling Moltenfire will increase the shamans fire damage by 4% stacking 3 times. Lasts 30 seconds.
    • Fire Nova: Does 50% of (shamans Fire Nova) damage in an AE radius within 8 yards. 12 second cooldown.

• Earth Elemental
    • Summons an Earth Elemental to defend the shaman and his/her allies. Lasts 30 seconds. 2 minute cooldown.
    • Tremor: Dazes enemies and deals (15% of the shamans armor) in nature damage within 5 yards of the Earth Elemental. Lasts 5 seconds. 8 second cooldown.
    • Earthen Link: Reduces physical and ranged damage taken by 3% for all party and raid members and everytime the Earth Elemental is damaged, the shaman recieves 1% of his/her base health. Cannot occur more than once every 2 seconds.
    • Taunt: Taunts the enemy. 6 second cooldown.

• Storm Elemental
    • Summons a Storm Elemental to aid the shaman. Lasts 30 seconds. 2 minute cooldown.
    • Static Charge: Pulsing every 3 seconds, the Storm Elemental pacifies the shamans' enemies leaving a debuff on them reducing cast speed by 20% for 10 seconds. Every pulse the duration is reset.
    • Lightning Rod: The Storm Elemental acts like a beacon for the shaman, casting Chain Lightning upon the elemental will empower it and instantly cast a second one from the elemental hitting upto 5 targets.
    • Overload: Static seeps from the elemental and empowers the shaman increasing Chain Lighting and Lightning Bolts damage by 10% and increasing Chain Heal, Healing Wave, Lesser Healing Wave and Riptides healing effect by 20% destroying the Storm Elemental. Channeled over 5 seconds. Once the Storm Elemental dies, the cooldown on your elemental summons are reduced by 10% but you take 5% more damage from critical hits.

ONLY ONE ELEMENTAL CAN BE USED AT A TIME AND THEY ALL SHARE A COOLDOWN.

• Ghost Wolf
    - Make it baseline; instant cast, able to remove Polymorph effects and unable to be dispelled.

• Earth Shield
    - Make it baseline and put Riptide in it's place making Spirit Link Restorations 51-point talent.

• Spirit Link
    - Link the shamans soul with 2 other allies, sharing 30% of the damage taken between each other. Lasts 5 minutes. 10 second cooldown. Dispelling Spirit Link will only remove 1 link.

• Enhancement Mastery: Nature Damage
    Remove this entire idea and instead increase the effectiveness of our Shields/Totems.

nice suggestions myrsky. the whole elemental stuff sounds great.

• Moltenfire: Engulfs the target in fire, dealing % of the shamans Intellect in damage
    • Tremor: Dazes enemies and deals (15% of the shamans armor) in nature damage within 5 yards of the Earth Elemental.
    -moltenfire should scale either through agility or intellect(higher stat is chosen), or it wouldn´t do any damage coming from enhancement, which doesn´t have any int from gear anymore.
    -tremor scaling from armor sounds interesting, but armor isn´t a stat you can/would gem for. it´s also a little unfair for enhancerment again because resto and ele wear shields, which would make them end up having ~50% more armor/damage scaling. i´d suggest some other stat.

you could take stats for these abilites´s scaling which are good for all three specs:
    crit, or better: haste.

i especially like your ideas lightning rod and overload (storm elemental). they involve the elemental into the shamans playstyle very much. lightning rod could also possibly cast a fork lighnting (instead of the chain lightning), disorienting targets in front of the shaman(similar to a mages dragon breath).

keep it coming .
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Kpoof
    Could you focus less on PvP since 80% of the player base doesn't really give a shit about PvPing?
    Funny how 80% of the player base doesn't care about pvp yet 80% of the suggestions are about pvp.... hrm.

I also heard that 85% of statistics are made up on the spot. Wait, was it 90%? Maybe 75. Hell, i dunno.

edit OT - Lava lash to be useful as blizzard is already making it, and survivability buffs.

Change Shamanistic rage so it becomes an OH SHIT button, rather than a mana regen ability. Give enh shamans a way to get mana back another way, maybe from simply auto attacking.

Also what one already said about making earth totems more spread out, so we no longer have all the useful totems in one school.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley
    nice suggestions myrsky. the whole elemental stuff sounds great.

-tremor scaling from armor sounds interesting, but armor isn´t a stat you can/would gem for. it´s also a little unfair for enhancerment again because resto and ele wear shields, which would make them end up having ~50% more armor/damage scaling. i´d suggest some other stat.
    The Earth Elemental would be basically a substitute for an Off-tank in low-level dungeons. The armor scaling I could've thought a bit better of. Maybe the scaling could be increased from the shamans health or stamina+intellect? Just an idea.

The elementals should be changed at which level you get them also. Such as within 30 levels of the level you get the respective element type. Such as you get Earth totem at level 4, so you'd get Earth Elemental at level 34 and same goes for Fire Elemental would be at 44 and Storm Elemental at 64. These ideas were just a bit of stuff to mix up different things for different situations while having a 'sort-of' pet.

Just an idea. I have more.