Page 73 of 106 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Raid Progression Refinements

Quote Originally Posted by Bosh
    Thats complete Bulls*** this is one of the reasons which i hate about the way wow is going, everyone can get loot, I've been a raider since vanila, whats the point of 25man normal now then? 10man normal will drop the same items? why go 25man when theres less chance of getting loot and a higher chance to fail / wipe?
    Please read before you quote!

fail...
    even if they put 10 man way harder, it will always be easier then 25 man. its way easier to find a 10 man good team and coordinate them then going 25 man and trying to coordinate as much... its a huge fail -.-

So I'm guessing one of the main reasons for this change is to reduce the insane amount of ilvl inflation over the course of the expansion, as we have seen during WotLK.

Anyways, I think this is quite a reasonable change. No more doing the same raid twice over a lockout period will make content seem fresh for a little bit longer.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchopancho
    Well as many have stated : THERE is no chance to have balance in both raids 10 man and 25 man since 25 has bigger failing variable. So the only way i see this change working is making 25 a bit easier to balance the failing factor or making the 10 a little more challenging since an optimal setup will have higher chances than a bad setup. The only problem in this theory is that a death in a 10 man is like 2.5 in a 25 . In other words this is totally messed up ... Have fun balancing the raids !!!
    ^this exactly

25 man has more chance of failure due to someone just old fashioned fucking up. So if they want to balance 10 man and 25 to identical difficulty, they have to take into consideration human error, which is entirely impossible to put a value on, therefore making 10 man ineviatably easier. Either that or there wont be a single encounter where one person being effected by something will directly effect another person (Frost Tombs on Sindragosa for example). Which brings back the point, since 25 mans, though the boss itself will be the exact same difficulty, will be harder due to human error, they need to drop moar lewtz to be worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumGnome
    So now everyone that has a different opinion than you is a troll? Fucking brilliant logic there Einstein. No, really. Fucking awesome logic. Let the 10 year olds keep posting their opinions on how this will be the end of WoW when they can just quit and move on to another fucking game.
    You're opinion has nothing to do with the fact that your a troll.

oh wait yes it does.

You're getting pissed because people didn't like your opinion, so your bashing other people for bashing you, and calling them immature.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumGnome
    Whatever, I'm out of here, these stupid pieces of shit that try to get me all worked up over a fucking video game are scum, last time I'm ever coming to these retard forums again.
    Awh man, you're leaving? You provided so much insight to these forums too... /sigh, I guess we'll have to manage without you.
    Look up, see the buzzards circling?

Looking forward to Blade and Soul

Blizzard money men have indeed been hard at work.

"How can we get people to play slower even though we can't actually make them play slower?" THINK MONEYMAN THINK. "OH I GOT IT! We won't let them do as much during the week. That way they'll HAVE to play slower and we won't have to do as much or pay to have more content created!" ZOMGWTFBBQFTWLOL!!!!

Yeah....well, it's cheap that's for sure.

Will achievements be broken down by 10/25 modes? Will realm first achievements/titles be only for 25s? Will meta-achievement mounts be available for both versions still?

There will just be raid achievements, not 10- vs. 25-player versions in most cases. The achievement won’t care if you complete it in 10s or 25s.

This further extends the idea that 25 man raids will be of little or no importance.

You will see more content this time instead of more recolored item models for 10 and 25mans.

Wich one is you in the pic?

Let us kids know your true face.

I work for Fox News

ok so the vast majority of people agree that Ulduar was the best raid of the expansion and one of the best in the entire game, whether it be the triggerable hardmodes that required more user interface than clicking a UI button that magically makes the boss stronger and gain one extra ability; and even in ToC people didn't like the UI hardmode but atleast they had 4 lock outs to test out material. so hey, lets be blizzard and not listen to gamer feed back and destroy everything that people like, and hey, lets assume that because this game is so fucking addicting they wont mind the fact that they'll be able to only do one night of content progression raiding per week and not get to test out the mechanics before hand. Great fucking job, and unfortunately until there is another major MMO with large scale combat well be stuck w/ this POS.

To me, this just looks like Blizzard further homogenizing content in order to save time, money and effort balancing and designing. They're taking the easy way out, as per usual. Why waste all that money catering to 10 and 25 raiders when you can just force everyone into 10 mans.

If Blizzard is to continue doing bot a 10 and 25 man version of each raid this is the smartest way to do it. Creating a single lockout will prevent the ridiculous ilvl inflation that existed in wrath. Since there will only be one ilvl for each tier, raid difficulty between the two can be closer to the same. (there's no way 10 can be as hard mainly do to environmental mechanics, but meh) Badge requirements will stop inflating since there will be less ways to get them on a weekly basis. Sure, there may be some schisms in 25 man guilds but those that enjoy them will persevere. If you're raging because you can get the same gear and relative difficulty in 10 as in 25, why does it really matter? If your guild actually enjoys the 25 man format i doubt this will impact that. I'd rather have the option of the same experience in a format i enjoy whether that be 10 or 25. I'm not saying this will work perfectly or even as Blizz intends it to, but so far the best solution for a 2 raid size system.

40 man raids went away. People complained, and then got over it.

25 mans are being moved to the verge of pointless. People complained...

You'll get over it.

Stop complaining for the sake of complaining.

i get this tingling feeling that world of warcraft is slowing spiraling towards its end.
    everything is getting simplified so much.

im not sure how i should feel about these changes, disgusted? happy? a little of both?
    guess i shouldnt really care since i havent played for ages, wanting to come back in cata is just faiding away.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

My opinion is if people are worried 25s will phase out that pretty much means the majority of the playerbase enjoys 10 mans more. If 25's phase out thats because of peoples choice and means the larger raids are not as fun by the standards of the majority of the playerbase.

so then...just press two buttons and mouth-breathe 3-4 hours a week? can we cut out the year of foreplay?

I don't mind at all tbh. Always prefered smaller raids anyway. They gear inflation got pretty silly in WotlK.

I agree with these changes as long as this brings some extras to the 25man...

Wait..what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Arngrim310
    My opinion is if people are worried 25s will phase out that pretty much means the majority of the playerbase enjoys 10 mans more. If 25's phase out thats because of peoples choice and means the larger raids are not as fun by the standards of the majority of the playerbase.
    false. that assumes a laissez faire evolution. which this is not. it's because the DEVS think 10 mans are better.