Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The return of Dungeons sets

I think they should bring back Dungeon sets. I remember back durring vanilla ad BC where doint high level instances and heroics could get you a nice set of non-epic gear that got you ready to begin raiding, and also looked pretty cool too. It was nice to have have a good set of armor with set bonuses incase you missed out on getting tier that week. And if you had like the full D3 set, people would see you as committed and likely choose you for their raid rather than someone in a mix of blues greens and purples.

I remember when my hunter had the full D3 set durring BC and was able to pump out 1200+ dps, which was awsome back then for that gear. And I got into a really good raiding guild because of it and the only reason the picked me up was because I had the full D3 set with enchants and stuff and the crossbow from Kara and they were running SSC.

And having a full dungeon set rather than a bunch of crafted items and stuff showed that you had spent alot of time playing and should know your class well. And this was because, unless you were really lucky and got most of the set pieces to drop most the time, it usually took at least a few weeks to get that entire set because the bosses would only drop 1 or 2 pieces of D3 that covered several different classes and specs.

But this is just my opinion. If it doesn't happen I wouldn't care too much.

Deleted

Re: The return of Dungeons sets

I really agree on this, possibly make tiers harder to get to begin with.

dungeon sets would be a good way to prepare you for raiding and so you have some decent gear
    -Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table because he only recognizes the element of surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Memory View Post
    Once I slipped on the snow: oh man, snow is so OP.

yes its a good start, epics should be hard to get not a shit that drops everywhere

Yes, yes! Completely love the idea.

I'd love it, hate getting some BiS stuff and my boots are a totally different colour ¬_¬

Big hueg thumbs up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudfury
    dungeon sets would be a good way to prepare you for raiding and so you have some decent gear
    Agreed. They dropped the ball with normal dungeons in Wrath. I feel as if each dungeon should feel important towards 'progressing' your way through to raiding, and dungeon sets are a good way to do this, especially if they work in the new 'reforging' system to be really forgiving on your dungeon sets, so they don't need multiple items for multiple specs.

Don't see it commin. With the trend that blizz has, we will raid the first cata tier content in icc gear. (like we did in naxx)

Its basically the same concept of the badge gear.

So why bring that back.

Its the same thing, accept being random drop and no longer Blue Name

If we are going to grind heroics for badges, why not throw in some set gear. Great idea, I like it.

Perfect. Set bonus, encourages you to not roll on other people's gear, looks good. This should go on the WoW Official boards if it isn't already.

Bless you!!!!!! Your my hero (Beside blizzard and my father)

Personally someone having a full "set" of enchanted blues versus full random blues of similar ilvl enchanted would have no effect on whether you'd be invited to raid in my guild. Even if the "sets" exist in a world that is decently populated with non-set gear. That argument is especially irrelevant in a world of GearScore. I'm going to look at all your pieces any make sure they're good pieces and have good sensible enchants, gems, etc, but the bads are just going to GearScore you and not care about your set either.

Also, in a world of badges, and easy heroics making a blue set just doesn't make sense. Nobody is pushing for blue gear after the first week or so after hitting 80. A purple set would make a lot more sense, but I'd think they'd be cross class sets, a cloth dps set, mail AP set, plate DPS set, instead of Priest, Hunter, Rogue, etc sets. Unless you want to do a token system for Heroics.

this idea would allow for the raids to be the only place where the teir gear would drop... I like it.

personally I have been gearing up as a true progression style guild(family guild... we are a bit behind the flow of things). We started in ToC finally and so I looked up the loot tables for upgrades from the T9 emblem gear. I am in a 10 man raiding guild >

Why the angry face... because unless you go hardmode(my little family guild is not that type of guild) you have no drops to increase your tier gear. I think this is a major flaw in the system. cause right now I am not really sure I even want to do ToC. it is just another set of fights that my guild doesn't really have to learn. we could just bang our head against a wall(ICC) for the time being.

I always enjoyed having a set then random equip. It feels much more.. right.

I remember the times at the beginning of BC when it took 35 times to acquire D3 shoulders with my priest. They dropped from third boss in Shadow Vault, I got almost Exalted with Lower City, but what is even worse, we were progressing Kara and Gruul that time and I was not able to get shoulders from those raids either.
    I just hated the dungeon so much, and I was really pissed that I had to do it on heroic for TK attunement... and then I was pissed even more that attunement was removed :P

The week D3 shoulders dropped I also got shoulders from Kara and then T4 from Gruul's Lair.

yes please

Not just the set, but could along with this buff normals, has they would be more interesting, and push hc's to a true hard dificulty that would give bored raiders something to do when not raiding.

In terms of tuning, we want groups to be able to jump into the first raids pretty quickly, but we also don’t want them to overshadow the Heroic 5-player dungeons and more powerful quest rewards. We’ll be designing the first few raid zones assuming that players have accumulated some blue gear from dungeons, crafted equipment, or quest rewards. In general, we want you and your guild members to participate in and enjoy the level up experience.
    I guess this is a big no-no to dungeon sets.

Edit: the source is the blue post on the front page.

10+ Year Old Account

also they should be buyable with the original set of badges. so no 1 assumes epics are easy