10+ Year Old Account

icc blood council, need help.

My guild just got to the blood council and we dont have a good enough warlock to tank prince K, so instead we just use a 3rd tank (who happens to be a druid tank) we are a good group, but last week it was pretty late when we got to the council (after downing dreamwalker,) and could only try it out like 3 times before people had to leave. do u think it is posible to use a 3rd tank (druid) or should we use a hunter, mage or something else? wat r your sugestions?

my char: (ms heals, os dps.)
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...a&n=Allakaboom
    the druid tank: (u might see him as a boomkin spec sometimes... but hopefully when u look he is feral. tank ms, boom os.)
    Dont call him a noob cause of his idol... he just puts it on sometimes for fun... (he has the ilvl 264 aswell)
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...a&cn=Perpetuus

thanks to all who can help out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Wounds View Post
    Myself, yes, I have always wanted to be a mod
    Probably not, the job sucks.

Re: icc blood council, need help.

you can use any class. "real tanks" are used for it all the time, it just becomes much harder to gather orbs. I had to do it on my warrior tank alt by shooting them. that was horrible, but you at least have CDs for when things get dicey. also you can get a crap ton of aggro on the boss as a tank.

As long as that tank can successfully gather orbs, it doesn't matter what class it is. If the class isn't a typical tanking class, throwing on some PvP gear or using potions/flasks to buff that players health, just in case an orb despawns at a bad time.
    Your sig exceeds the maximum allowed size of 500px wide by 100px high by 50kb. Please see the guidelines for more information.

We use a DK who death grips the shadow orbs to him.

Cataclysm concepts for your enjoyment:
    T11 shoulders || Shadow Hunter Hero Class

you don`t need 3 tanks. 1 tank can take both other princes, and the druid just runs around the room collecting orbs / building threat on Keleseth. FF should be enough for the orbs, just make sure he has 3 at all times. Having 3 healers makes it easy `cause of the tank that`s takin` both princes will kinda get spiky dmg.

Like poster above said. Use one tank (we use a Paladin) to get the 2 Princes and use a Druid tank (we use me) to tank Kel and get orbs. Make a macro to /tar Kel /use Mangle so when ur in 100 orbs u can easily mangle to get threat. Swat i do. works everytime.
    Gold selling site spam is an important part of our eco system.

You see, there are currently to many puppies and kittens on this world.
    Every time a Goldseller spams his advertisement on the mmo-champion site, a puppy dies.
    Every time you ignore these threads and don't report them, a kitten dies.

I've tanked Kel (paladin), and our DK tank regularly tanks him.

Push people out of their comfort zones and make them do things they normally wouldn't.. makes for fun times.

10+ Year Old Account

We as well use a DK tank to tank the shadow guy. And I run around like a lost little puppy following him to heal him while keeping Earth Shield on him at all times. Helps a lot during Empowered Shadow Bolts.

Wonderful Ysera set by Aderianu of AHS

You don't need three tanks, hell you don't need any player doing something else besides dpsing. We do it with two tanks, and is our usual tanks from all the other fights. One tank is always tanking both princes and the other tank (DK) is running around gathering the orbs.

Before we did that, I used to take care of the orbs/tanking because it was extremely easy for a shadow priest to gather all of the orbs and keep her/himself alive but it was a waste because that was wasting one player' dps.

10+ Year Old Account

In my 10man grp back when we were doing normal and now in heroic as well, we have always just used 2 paladin tanks. One Pally tanks both the melee bosses and the other tanks the shadow guy.

The only problem with this strat we have found is the pally tanking the shadow one is unable to get a decent amount of threat on him as hammer and what have you kills his shadow orbs. So we just stop dps while he is empowered and just play it safe and survive for a bit until the empowerment switches to one of the others.