Future of Druid PVP?

Hey

I looked at the cataclysm druid changes, and i wondering what the expansion will do in terms of druids and pvp.

In all honestly im sick to death of healing in pvp, its getting monotonous and dull, and im thinking of switching to another class should i be stuck doing this in cata.

Will there be any potential for druids to become better at dpsing in PVP, whether it be boomkin or feral?

i know nowadays you still see successful ferals and boomkins, but compared to other class's ive played, they just dont seem to be as good at what they do, especially so for boomkins. now i know us druids cant expect everything being a hybrid class, but im just wondering whether ferals or boomkins will be buffed sufficiently in cata to give them a better chance in pvp and be more liable to be seen in arena teams and in general funner to play as a class in pvp.

any comments would be appreciated

Re: Future of Druid PVP?

it'll be like

"moonfire-entangling roots-solarbeam-insectswarm-wildmushroom-runaway-????-profit!"

for me at least. can add Starfire at the beginning and/or starfall before "runway"
    My RP Character №1 - Trillium Starwind - Night Elf Druid/Warrior
    My RP Character №2 - in progress, creating

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Moocowmike
    In all honestly im sick to death of healing in pvp, its getting monotonous and dull, and im thinking of switching to another class should i be stuck doing this in cata.
    go find something you like if this is the case. As for the rest of your post, we wont know how things will pan out till all the talent trees have been overhauled with the new cata talents and the only thing we know from that is that blizzard is trying to make all specs viable.

First: There is not much information to go on yet. I still do not know why people are posing questions like these.

Second of all as a Feral myself I have no problems in PVP. So again I have no idea what you are talking about. But I would like a kick or interrupt of some sort. Which from what I have heard will be probably be happening. If you have issues pvping as feral I suggest looking or talking to people who are doing very well at it. Feral cat is one of those classes that people think they know how to play them, when actuality they are doing it completely wrong.

Third: there will always be a need for healers especially very good resto druids. If you don't like it switch. Nuff said.
    "Bad players are always going to deflect their failures onto someone else. That is why they are bad players." -Ghostcrawler

I've taken a look at the cata talent calculator Bouill put up. We're going to have a aoe silence/daze, and a couple extra slows as a boomkin. Ferals getting an interrupt. I think we'll be okay. That aoe silence is going to be SO key against ele shamans and casters in general.
    “If you're going to do something tonight that you'll be sorry for tomorrow morning, sleep late.”

Henny Youngman

Bloodsail Admiral WaitingforSWTOR's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Typhoon near cliffs aint fun enough for you?
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    The reason the smart people are miserable because their head hurts so much from facepalming at all the stupid people, its so simple.

It's all so very Alpha, that's not even beta!

The current talent calculator is so extremely far from final.

Remember the last 2 expansions? The trees got completely messed up, almost every talent got replaced, removed, changed, and new ones were added. Everything there is so far is maybe a new talent here and there, some numbers may look different, but that's it.

So why even bother...

Quote Originally Posted by Exclusive
    It's all so very Alpha, that's not even beta!

The current talent calculator is so extremely far from final.

Remember the last 2 expansions? The trees got completely messed up, almost every talent got replaced, removed, changed, and new ones were added. Everything there is so far is maybe a new talent here and there, some numbers may look different, but that's it.

So why even bother...
    ^this

Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.

I think it will be fine... Ferals and Moonkins already exist in arenas to an extent and Cata is giving them an opportunity to reset everything and make it work. Yeah, so did WOTLK I guess, but with the new talent changes and simplified gear it should be easier on their end to tune stuff.

Although, PVP as a resto druid in Cata may be different enough for you to change your mind... that and as far as I know the mushrooms aren't balance only, so you could technically throw them in areas where the enemy may want to drink and when they run to drink you blow the mushroom.

I guess you should have added "based of what information we know" or something to your post, because all people do is say "its only alpha, who cares?" Yeah, that's true, but it doesn't mean you can't speculate some.

No matter what blizzard says or does there will be always that one spec for EVERY class that will, I dont want to say stronger or what not, but will be the easier way to go. Now gladly blizzard is using the tier system for pvp gear so I hopefully will be seeing less spam in /2 asking for free epics and I will also stop getting spammed to help gear ppl up.

On a complete side note, I'm waiting for the TRUE pvp guilds to come back. I have always enjoyed bg healing more then arena healing due to a lot of different reasons.
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...