Thread: Will you fight?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Honestly, I'd been thinking about going back to a PvP server to celebrate Cataclysm.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

So how the hell exactly are you going to do this your "world pvp" if everyone is going to fly away either before you can get to them, or right after they've got killed? Maybe only in the very beginning of the expansion, when everyone goes crazy about every mob, and locations are overpopulated, and such, and such. That won't last long. I really doubt there's gonna be any reasonable amount of world pvp after that.

15+ Year Old Account
    if its red its dead WPVP > ALL
    Chaotic Serenity - US Frostmourne Alliance 13/13 Mythic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FatMF View Post
    So how the hell exactly are you going to do this your "world pvp" if everyone is going to fly away either before you can get to them, or right after they've got killed? Maybe only in the very beginning of the expansion, when everyone goes crazy about every mob, and locations are overpopulated, and such, and such. That won't last long. I really doubt there's gonna be any reasonable amount of world pvp after that.
    Stay positive, don't hate. Starter expansion world pvp is epic.

I suck at PVP. Ain't touchin' that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhydian View Post
    I suck at PVP. Ain't touchin' that.
    It's like pve, only you need quicker reactions to what the other(s) are doing.
    Also, you get so much more reward out of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Gazo View Post
    I will defend my land, world pvp is the best
    Here too

Paladin? I am not a Paladin, I am a Holydin!

I'mma charging mah pvp lazors!

Quote Originally Posted by Nielah View Post
    Stay positive, don't hate. Starter expansion world pvp is epic.
    Yea, that's what I'm saying - only at the beginning. But yeah, I'm surely going to cleave some people.

Hells no! I'm giving it away for free.

Quote Originally Posted by FatMF View Post
    So how the hell exactly are you going to do this your "world pvp" if everyone is going to fly away either before you can get to them, or right after they've got killed?
    Depends what they do with tol barad. I know they announced flying wouldn't be disabled there but I believe they may yet surprise us. After all the design goal for it is officially to become a world pvp place like quel'danas was.

Ther should some fun to be had in blackrock mountain, unless they enable flying in there but it would hardly make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by GKid View Post
    I have high hopes for world pvp in Cataclysm.

Many zones that were pretty much one-sided will be more balanced, with enemy outposts sitting really close to each other (as Holycola pointed out in another thread). Confrontation will be inevitable.

Now, what really has me thrilled is the situation with Ashenvale and Southern Barrens.

Having played a night elf for a long time, I feel compelled to go to Ashenvale and kill as many horde as posible to make things right and kick them out of MY forest :P . And I´m pretty sure many horde feel the same way about Southern Barrens.

I know the old Hillsbrad Foothills pvp style is gone, but I really hope both factions answer this "call to arms" and contribute to spice up a bit our world pvp.

So, will you fight back for your land?
    I have one simple rule with a clause to it when on my pvp realms and that is simple
    IF its red KILL IT DEAD!!(unless they are 10 or more levels below me then i wait for them to attack me or gank someone lower then them before I kill them(notice i say i killt hem not they kill me :P but alas I die sometimes to SIGH)

Best part is: It's only a 5 level difference. So if you're 85 and you get spanked by an 80.... yeah...

Fuck yes. If they implemented random battle zones everyday(meaning you can't use flying mounts in region) and it would have to be very large areas e.g. barrens I'd so be down for that, bring back world PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by FHNNNG View Post
    Fuck yes. If they implemented random battle zones everyday(meaning you can't use flying mounts in region) and it would have to be very large areas e.g. barrens I'd so be down for that, bring back world PvP.
    This wouldn't work. The daily pvp quests in grizzly hills demonstrated that people don't just go somewhere to fight each other without a reason to do so.

I expect level 85 world pvp to happen at daily quests hubs (tol barad), and where raid entrances are, ie where you can actually find anyone to fight. I don't expect dungeon entrances to bring any useful world pvp though because people just teleport in there through that fucking lfg thing.

there were quests to kill enemy players in Icecrown. Now, I believe there should be such quests in Ashenvale/Souther Barrens/all over the world, but with one restriction - kills must be made NOT in BGs or arenas.

that would contribute to world PvP alot =)
    My RP Character №1 - Trillium Starwind - Night Elf Druid/Warrior
    My RP Character №2 - in progress, creating

Deleted
    I'm just glad I play on a PVE server.

I can run around all the new zones and the classic ones /waving at any Alliance (I play horde of course) I see and possibly saving the odd lowbie form an unfortunate demise in the knowledge noone is going to try and infringe on my personal well being.

Quote Originally Posted by tomhyde1986 View Post
    I'm just glad I play on a PVE server.

I can run around all the new zones and the classic ones /waving at any Alliance (I play horde of course) I see and possibly saving the odd lowbie form an unfortunate demise in the knowledge noone is going to try and infringe on my personal well being.
    /toast* you and me tom! hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    /toast* you and me tom! hehe
    /raises glass

what i REALLY HATE about world pvp in cataclysm is that it will be lame...why? for obvious reasons. people can run away get on flying mount and youll never see em again....

GUYS, I rewmember Isle of quel danas where me and mah horde brudas used to hunt these alliance down on the naga, on the boats, on the corrupted blood elf area, on the elite blood elf area, i lost count of how many skeletons were created by our efforts in exterminating Alliance.

Now, as happened in wotlk quest areas....dude see you, dude mount, bye dude.

Cool story bro.